Jobbers From Wrestlings past, who would make it big Now

Ryukuma

Occasional Pre-Show
Alright this is just a small little thing, to see what jobber characters would be over in todays wrestling, and would get a push from it, state your wrestlers, and give opinions on them. Ill start with one since im currently watching him now on Youtube.

I say Damien Demento could make it big in todays wrestling simply because the gimmick works, He would be another snitsky like character, im not sure how big of a push he would get, but i guarantee he would be billed as some unstoppable character for a short time.

Ill give more as this poll progresses, but i just would like to hear other opinions of gimmicks that didn't work back then, but would work now.

Well I'd have to disagree about Demento. With his furry Road Warrior shoulder pads he'd bever have made it anywhere. Intresting thread though.

It depends what you are classifying as jobber. Somebody like Damento who when they made there debut you thought they might be around a while. Somebody like the Brooklyn Brawler who never won, Billy Gunn who was pushed until WWE realised they were wasting their time. Or somebody like Hardcore Holly who's been around forever but never achieved anything.

I think Jean-Pierre Lafitte would get a pretty decent push if he was around today. He was underatted as a worker in my opinion, his feud with Bret Hart was good for a mid 90's thing. The gimmick was silly, but he had the size and if he was around today they would alter it to look better than it does now. If you bear in mind he only looks silly now, in 1995 he looked fine.

I went with a guy who WAS a seriously talented wrestler and tag team mainstay who became a jobber. No, not Marty Jannetty, though that's cool too. I went with...

"Jumpin" Jim Brunzell.

As part of the "Killer Bees" with "B. Brian Blair" Brunzell was a tag team mainstay. In the 90's he was little more than an upper echelon jobber who got a pop from old school fans and was the ONLY jobber capable of getting some decent offense in against "the next stars." Brunzell didn't get the respect he was due, and if given a chance today with 3 brands, TNA, and a minor league system. he'd do just fine.

Alright well at least some people did a post, and again you disagree with demento, but like you said they could easily repackage him a bit just like they did with lafitte

But again on to someone who was a great wrestler stuck with a horrible gimmick, That man was The Red Rooster Terry Taylor.

I believe that gimmick can work now, just for the simple reason its decently comical, his gimmick really wont be worse then some we currently have. I do think the fans would get behind him if he were to have been in this era, i believe he would probably get a push like the hurricane and get tag team belts, probably with someone like kane, since kane teams with all the funny gimmicks to get the belts. Not sure if hed be worth a Intercontinental, but who knows.

More input is always great for all these wrestlers.

With three separate brands, I bet the Z-Man Tom Zenk would do pretty well. He was a pretty good athlete and was taken seriously for a while. Somewhere along the line he became WCW's favorite jobber.

He would probably start on Smackdown, wrestle some on ECW, and pick up what the announcers would call impressive wins over, the Edgeheads, Deuce, Domino, and Chuck Palumbo.

If all goes well, he'd get a US Title run within his first year. If it goes bad, they'd throw him in a tag team and he'd be losing to the two teams mentioned above.

the Genius, unless to closely related to Matt Striker. All wrestling fans hate someone with intelligence (bad!). He would be big because of his superior intelligence inside of the ring, making him more technical using pressure holds to weaken his opponents. If he were to remain a jobber, he could do all of this until he was hit in the head, and loss his mannerism, become sloppy and lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back