JM Presents: WZ Pokemon Sim Tourney

I gave up on Smogon around the time they banned Wobuffet from UU despite it not acquiring enough usage to even qualify as a UU pokemon. The grapevine tells me that things have only gotten worse since.

Meh, would be consistent with how they seem to act. I do usually default to Smogon's servers and movesets when I do online battling if for no other reason than that's where I've always done it, their sets work (and the people I'm playing against will use them anyway) and their servers are usually well populated.

Haven't done anything in about a year though. Which is why I struggle to learn the metagame when I start again. I play for a few months when I get a new game, run out of time for it and forget about it, then start again when I get a new game with a team that's several metagame shifts out of date. Case in point, when a new game came out and I got back into online battling the team I defaulted to was set up for shit like Obi-Stall, despite it going out of fashion months or years ago.

I play Showdown's version of Challenge Cup whenever I have ten minutes I need to kill. That's pretty much it these days.

I've never been so happy to be a married geek to be honest. This whole going-to-be-a-dad thing is really going to cut into my geek-dom.
What does your happiness have to do with D-Man's post? Are you happy that his jibes at geekdom will no longer apply to you? Were they wounding you back when you didn't have a baby to flaunt about as proof of your sexual exploits?

What does your happiness have to do with D-Man's post? Are you happy that his jibes at geekdom will no longer apply to you? Were they wounding you back when you didn't have a baby to flaunt about as proof of your sexual exploits?

Oh dear....

I might go to PAX this weekend and compete in some actual Pokemon tournaments. I would have to assume they're using B&W though, and that is without a doubt the one generation I barely know.

OK, from the vast majority of people saying so, using my simulator I just created isn't the best of ideas. I still want to test it, but probably in some other manner.
I do like Remix's original decision of using Showdown. Don't have experience with PO. Should we vote between the two, or what? Is anyone even really interested indoing a WZ Pokemon Tourney?

Yeah, I'm down. I use to play competitive online for a while. Tell me when I can pick my team and I'll send them you're way.

Wait I can't pick the moves :( fuck that changes everything.

I'm in for this. I've whipped together a team I'm fairly happy with on PS. It's not great, but it does the job.

I lost my team when I changed computers and can't for the life of me remember the EV spread for my Metagross, but I'll figure something out. I'm in.

Begining to quite dislike Showdown though. It mught just be my computer, but it is annoyingly prone to freezing/disconnecting on me mid-battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back