Jimmy Wang Yang

Unrated Superstar

Thufferin' Thuccatash!
First off, I certainly hope I'm not the only one who thinks Jimmy Wang Yang is an amazingly talented cruiserweight and deserves a championship...and it's not just because when I was at the Smackdown show in Philly sitting near the entrance he heard us cheering and pointed at us with a smile on his way out, haha.

He held his own in the WHC battle royal this past summer and I was actually rooting for him against Elijah Burke the other night on ECW. Don't get me wrong, I like Elijah Burke too, but that would have been a good win for Jimmy.

But now, especially with the cruiserweight title gone, I'm worried he's gonna get lost in the shuffle, which is a shame because I think he would have made a great cruiserweight champion. If anything, I used to think maybe his weird gimmick was holding him back from winning the title...but that was before they gave the title to a leprechaun.

Although he's certainly talented enough, I don't see him competing for the US title. So unless they bring back the CW championship, he probably won't win a title. And gentlemen, I firmly believe that sucks immensely.

What does everybody else think of JWY and what the future may hold for him? What should they do with him?

Great wrestler but he wont last long in the company. Comedy gimmicks have a limited shelf life. And I think Yang's is running out. It shows how much WWE value him that they decided to put the title on a midget rather than him.

I was excited when he made his initial debut as part of Tajiri's stable. But that never went anywhere. At least he's had some success as a redneck. He'll probably get released within the year, and make his way back to ROH. Not really a bad thing in my opinion.

You may be right, his days in WWE could very well numbered. Maybe if...I mean, WHEN Jesse and Festus fail in the tag division, they could start a redneck stable with him. Oh wait...are they rednecks or hillbillies? I always get the two confused.

for such a long time now ive been wondering why the wwe didnt push this guy and now all of the sudden they just got rid of the cruiserweight title out of nowhere after having it on hornswoggle???

i mean considering the wwe has guys like yang, helms, chavo, noble and if they wanted to they could put rey mysterio in there as well why not give the cruiserweight division a decent push instead of neglecting it and then killing it all together.

the guys crazy talented and i agree he probably wont last too much longer unless they find a new spot to plug him in somewhere. why not thro him onto ecw?? he had a good match with burke and the guy would fit right in with the young talents they've got there. it would be better then wasting him on sd.

If WWE dont value the CW's they should put them on ECW

JWY, Super Crazy, and the likes

There is too much talent there just to forget about

JWY is awsome to watch. I really wish he could of been the CWC. Why did they get rid of the CWC?
But yeah I also think he'll get lost in it all without the CWC.

Jimmy Wang Yang is an amzing athlete, he should have been Cruiserweight Champion. The only reason he will never acheive anything huge is like what Jake said he has a comedy gimmick and those usually don't go too far. All he needs is a gimmick change and he could be carrying the CW division. The problem is that WWE probably took out the title, which is a mistake because now most of the CW division will be jobbers.

jwg is one of the best highflyers of the wwe. among jeff hardy, super crazy, and rey mysterio he is great.

Eh, he wasnt that great. There are a lot more talented that have gotten a lot less than he has. His wrestling ability is great, his entertainment is mediocre and his gimmick is sour. The only thing they're going to have left for him is possible stable or tag team. I wouldnt be sad to see him go to TNA or back down to ROH.

jimmy wang yang makes me laugh he has very entertaining matches but if he ever does get the nod his whole gimmick will need to be revamped which could destroy his career imo jwy is never gonna make it with his current gimmick

I really like JYW. His gimmick is a comedy gimmick but it is midly amusing and wang is a pretty decent flyer. Its a shame he never got the CW title. I think if the wwe could pull it off right he could compete for the US title long with other CW's like Noble & Helms, but the wwe never seems to have faith in any CW's(except Mysterio), its a shame to say but I see JYW either jobbing or in a tag team with Moore(which isnt bad but they will only be used to job).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back