Jillian Hall vs. Brooke Hogan

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
That match needs to happen. The lack of wrestling skills of Brooke shouldn't come into play. It's all about the build up to the match. It should happen at WrestleMania 25, and it should be one of the most hyped matches on the card. In one corner you get Vinnie Mac with his latest squeeze, on the other you've got Hogan with his little girl.

When Jillian started singing it was all aimed at Brooke Hogan, and she's still singing when she makes occasional appearences on Raw. It makes sense to end it with a match. Mania is full of filler anyway. The real main event of Mania 23 was the Battle Of The Billionaires, and that wasn't about Lashley, Umaga or wrestling. It was just about an enjoyable angle. This would be the same. Something that shouldn't be taken seriously, but something that'll make the crowd go crazy, and will make highlight reels.

Sounds like a most realistic idea, though I don't know if Hulk will agree. it will be difficult to see a Hogan vs Austin match, so this would be the most plausible approach to watch a Hogan family member in Mania.
On the match: Fantastic!! I mean, as Jake mentioned, it will be all about the hype, the build up should be very entertaining, not to mention that Brooke knows 2 or 3 moves, making it easier for Jillian to carry her during the match.
I see this option more possible that a Austin vs Hogan match, so to the WWE: MAKE THIS HAPPEN!! :D

Hell, it would at least be entertaining. Any self-respecting WrestleMania needs a comedy feud to give it that extra edge. Although the Big Show/Floyd Mayweather match turned out pretty good, the feud felt like a cheesy Federation Era storyline all the way. I hated that Mayweather prick mark style.

It would be fun if done correctly. Not an all-star classic, but hey, not all matches are destined to be thus. God only knows it'd be a better use of time than Batista vs. Umaga at WMXXIV.

I think it would be a great comedy filler match. I'm sure Brooke knows a few moves or two, or Jillian could carry her through a match. Hell, they could even turn it into a singing contest, like WWE-Idol :p

Realistically, I don't think we're going to see the Hogans in WWE anytime soon given how much drama they've been having lately. Nick in jail along with Linda/Hulk's divorce, I just don't see how they could pencil in time to build up a WM appearance.

This would be a pretty good match to have at Mania. At least we get to see a Hogan at Mania if this happens. Hulk could teach Brook how to entertain the fans as well, and I would laugh so hard if at the end Brooke poses like Hulk. This would offer some comedy in the show as well, which is always good. But as DeadmanInc said, due to the drama of the Hogan family, they probably won't appear in the WWE anytine soon. So as much as I want to see this match happen, it won't.

Yeah, just make it a "2 Stages of Hell (for the audience)" match.

Hell 1: Hear both Jillian and Brooke sing in a singing contest
Hell 2: Watch both Jillian and Brooke actually wrestle in a wrestling contest

Nice :)

On a serious note though - why the hell not?! Worse things have been done, with much less entertainment value (Khali or Hornswoggle title reigns, just to name a few).

Ergh. Not at WrestleMania please. Mainly because it's WrestleMania, the time when the biggest and the best superstars come out to play. Give the performance of a lifetime, it's the culmination of major storylines and most recently, the involvment of the biggest athletes from different sports. (Mayweather).

Because, and let's face it, this match wouldn't be taken seriously but it has enough name power (Hogan) to grab mainstream attention, it should be on something like SummerSlam. It's meant to be the 2nd biggest PPV of the year but it dosen't get that feel, having name power on the card should elevate it somewhat. Although, it is Brooke Hogan. I mean, c'mon, she isn't the biggest name that the WWE could get, this match would purely be for comedy. Basically because Brooke can't wrestle.

Ergh. Not at WrestleMania please. Mainly because it's WrestleMania, the time when the biggest and the best superstars come out to play.

No. It's a show when all the regual wrestlers are put onto a card.

Give the performance of a lifetime,

Only in the important matches.

it's the culmination of major storylines

Like Big Show vs. Mayweather which was started about a month before the show?

Like the MITB match that just chucks mid card wrestlers into one match?

Like that great feud between Chavo & Kane?

and most recently, the involvment of the biggest athletes from different sports. (Mayweather).

Not only athletes, but entertainers. Like Donald Trump, Mr. T and others.

Because, and let's face it, this match wouldn't be taken seriously but it has enough name power (Hogan) to grab mainstream attention, it should be on something like SummerSlam.

It's not supposed to be taken seriously. It's an excuse to get mainstream attention, Hogan & Vince together and to promote Hogan's daughter. Who I hear might possibly be posing in the Playbody issue that's usually reserved for a WWE Diva.

Also WrestleMania is an hour longer than SummerSlam. No longer than 15 minutes is needed. You can just cut 7 and a half minutes off the HBK & Triple H matches.

It's meant to be the 2nd biggest PPV of the year but it dosen't get that feel, having name power on the card should elevate it somewhat. Although, it is Brooke Hogan. I mean, c'mon, she isn't the biggest name that the WWE could get, this match would purely be for comedy. Basically because Brooke can't wrestle.

Neither can most of the females in WWE, so her lack of ability shouldn't comeinto play. The match would be nothing more than a duet between Jillian & Vince, then a quick roll up by Brooke. Hogan leg drops Vince. Posing. The end, and back on with the rest of the show.

It's exactly the sort of match that Mania is all about. Promoting people who don't do nothing for your company after that show.

That match would be absoultly terrible and even worse to put it on WM. It's alreadly ruined with the Playboy push every year. I hate it when things like this is put forward by WWE.

What made the initial WrestleMania a success? You could argue that it was Hogan & Piper. Or you could argue that it's because of the celebrities. Brooke Hogan's status as a celebrity is debatable, but Hogan's in wrestling isn't. They're going to have a Playboy match anyway. Wouldn't you prefer it with added Hogan & McMahon?

I could see it, especially if they do it two ways.

1.) Jillian Hall enters Playboy. Who wouldnt love it? Jillian Hall in Playboy would be great. Well not great, but some find her hot. Anyways, WWE needs to have someone pose every year, why not her? Have Brooke face her in a match, where Jillian makes fun of Brooke for not getting into Playboy. Add Vince and Hogan into it as well. This doesnt only have to be about who sings like shit the most. It would all end in a Hogan leg Drop, a Brooke Leg Drop, and a big pay check.
2.) Have a group of girls pose in Playboy. Jillian, Mickie, Kelly Kelly, and McCool. Then have a group of heels go against these ladies for being ****es. Have Victoria, Layla, and ugly teeth all take them on. Set it up like when Hogan appeared at WCW for the first time. Right before the heels are on the verge, play Real American. But have Brooke come out, thne turn on the faces. It would be epic.

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing this but I don't know is Brooke is famous enough on her own to bring alot of attention to the angle like in the past. I mean nobody cannot deny Trump is huge and has alot of media attention same with Mayweather. I just don't know if Brooke is a big enough name to draw alot of interest. If Hogan is involved in the angle than it would work out. I still say Brooke could probably draw well enough and she does get some media attention which is used to promote WM but just not on Trump or Mayweather's level. The angle would be alot of fun and I wouldn't mind Brooke beating Jillian or vice vera as long as there are no sing offs(Brooke is pretty bad herself).

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing this but I don't know is Brooke is famous enough on her own to bring alot of attention to the angle like in the past. I mean nobody cannot deny Trump is huge and has alot of media attention same with Mayweather. I just don't know if Brooke is a big enough name to draw alot of interest. If Hogan is involved in the angle than it would work out. I still say Brooke could probably draw well enough and she does get some media attention which is used to promote WM but just not on Trump or Mayweather's level. The angle would be alot of fun and I wouldn't mind Brooke beating Jillian or vice vera as long as there are no sing offs(Brooke is pretty bad herself).

Well, unless I missed something, she has her own reality show, so she is definetly famous enough to be universally recognized by the audience. Just being Hogans daughter is enough to ensure that. But like you said, her father would likely have to physically be involved before people would start to care.

It definately wouldn't be hard to make it happen though. Hogan could come out and cut a promo invlolving Brooke, or Brook could interupt one of Jillians singing promos, and then a match between the two could be arranged.

As far as how much it would draw, anything with the name Hogan on it will most lilely draw well.

Well, unless I missed something, she has her own reality show, so she is definetly famous enough to be universally recognized by the audience.QUOTE]

No, you did not miss anything, yes the girl has her own reality show. It airs on MTV or VH1.....and gets maybe 1 million to 2 million viewers per episode and the demographic are mostly teenage girls who most likely would never watch wrestling anyways. My point was it wouldn't be as big as Trump(who has a reality show that airs on NBC and get's around 12-16 million viewers) or Mayweather(who is a ratings grabber and sports fans no him). I think the feud would be fun and get buzz but it wouldn't get the attention that Trump or Mayweather drew unless Hulk was involved as well. That's all I'm saying.

I don't get some of you all sometime. I mean, you say that you want quality wrestling matches, then you ask for this because it would draw. This would be the single worst quality wrestling match in the history of Wrestlemania, and you want it to be one of the main draws of the event's silver anniversary? This is the kind of crap you all usually rail against. Where is the quality in this? Lashley vs. Umaga was a quality wrestling match, as was Mayweather vs. Big Show, but this would be terrible. I hope a match like this never graces a PPV, or even Raw for that matter. I want to see good wrestling.

I don't get some of you all sometime. I mean, you say that you want quality wrestling matches, then you ask for this because it would draw. This would be the single worst quality wrestling match in the history of Wrestlemania, and you want it to be one of the main draws of the event's silver anniversary? This is the kind of crap you all usually rail against. Where is the quality in this? Lashley vs. Umaga was a quality wrestling match, as was Mayweather vs. Big Show, but this would be terrible. I hope a match like this never graces a PPV, or even Raw for that matter. I want to see good wrestling.

I don't want this at all, and I'm sure the rest of us don't as well. But the WWE does this every year at wrestlemania. They always have atleast one event which only serves one pupose, to draw. Most of us are speaking on what would happen if they did decide to do this. Even if you don't like it, you can still discuss its drawing potential.

I agree with Jake on Jillian vs. Brooke. It would I guess you could say symbolic? Pretty much because Hogan has always been a big part of WrestleMania. Plus someone needs to make Jillian quiet. Brooke would be the right person for it, since it is her who is being made fun of. I personally don't like Jillian's gimmick. Her voice annoys me personally. Maybe it could be the match to end her gimmick and hopefully she can get a much better one after it.

I don't get some of you all sometime. I mean, you say that you want quality wrestling matches, then you ask for this because it would draw.

Isn't wrestling about entertaining fans? Wouldn't an appearance by Hogan do that?

This would be the single worst quality wrestling match in the history of Wrestlemania,

You obviously haven't seen many Mania's. This would have to be a really poor match to beat some of them. And would it honestly be any worse than any of the usual femal matches at mania? I think not. But at least this one would have heat and would sit between main event matches.

and you want it to be one of the main draws of the event's silver anniversary?

WrestleMania draws anyway. But doesn't the show needs some sort of gimmick?

Where is the quality in this?

Where is the quality in most Mania matches?

Lashley vs. Umaga was a quality wrestling match,

It wasn't though was it. That match was average at best. What was intresting though was Vince McMahon, you did read the part about Vince McMahon being involved, didn't you?

as was Mayweather vs. Big Show, but this would be terrible.

Didn't everyone expect Mayweather vs. Big Show to be terrible?

I hope a match like this never graces a PPV, or even Raw for that matter. I want to see good wrestling.

You want to see good wrestling well tough shit. Because at least half of the wrestling on TV is rubbish. Reall, out of all the matches you watch how many are good and worth remembering?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back