• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jerry Lawler Making Fat Jokes

This is one of those places where I miss Bobby Heenan. He was great at being the complete heel announcer, but catching the faces being hypocrites. It was really fun listening to Monsoon trying to justify why it was okay for the face to do something that he had ripped on the heels for. They had it worked out so that they did it just enough to be funny and not so much that Heenan made you really think about it too much.

Heenan was also the type to do fat jokes, but he was a heel through and through. Also, they generally had a way of turning it around so that the joke ended up being on him in some way.

I've always liked Jerry Lawler, but his jokes just aren't that funny anymore. He's been using the same ones since like 1998, so I guess kids who started watching recently will laugh, but the rest of us who have been around for years just roll our eyes. He also doesn't have nearly the same enthusiasm as he used to, which was a big factor in his once high entertainment level. I find myself laughing a lot more at the stuff Cole says nowadays.

I did enjoy the one segment where he and Cena went back and forth with the Vickie jokes, though. It might not be "nice" but it's a scripted show, and naturally the fans want to see the bitch or the jerk get a taste of their own medicine. Remember that this is the same company in which Stone Cold got cheered for attacking women and people throw a parade for Orton when he puts someone on the shelf with a punt. WWE fans have always been kind of fucked up, this one instance is no different.

Jerry Lawler as a face commentator sucks anyway. So in order for Jerry to be funny again, he tries to make fun of someone like Vickie, who, in the kids eyes, is a big villian, so it is ok to take the mick out of her because of it. However, she has now lost so much weight, it's quite ignorant for King to make fat jokes about her when he is more than likely fatter than her now anyway.

In short, Jerry is a pretty bad commentator anyway, and if i was Vince, i would wish Jerry in my future endeavours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back