• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jerry Lawler Making Fat Jokes

givemetoro

Dark Match Winner
Am I the only one that gets, legitimately upset when I hear this guy talk about Vickie Guerrero?

It's constant "Fat Jokes" from a guy who isn't exactly the poster of fitness. I also find it quite counterproductive to be running a "Be A Star" anti-bullying campaign and then have your very own announcers making fat jokes.

He's getting on my nerves as of late.

Am I the only one that gets, legitimately upset when I hear this guy talk about Vickie Guerrero?

It's constant "Fat Jokes" from a guy who isn't exactly the poster of fitness. I also find it quite counterproductive to be running a "Be A Star" anti-bullying campaign and then have your very own announcers making fat jokes.

He's getting on my nerves as of late.

You're not alone , I was watching RAW w/ my brother and I told him numerous times I think Jerry Lawlers being an asshole

You have a good point about the Be a star thing , this is totally out of line with anti-bullying

THEN to make it even dumber Jerry Lawler is now fatter than Vicky is anymore , so :wtf: even more

The most ironic thing is when Kharma was taunted by the Bella's for being fat, Lawler took objection. This was only a few segments after he ripped on Vickie in much the same manner. As well of flying in the face of the whole anti bullying thing, this is just really inconsistent writing.

The most ironic thing is when Kharma was taunted by the Bella's for being fat, Lawler took objection. This was only a few segments after he ripped on Vickie in much the same manner. As well of flying in the face of the whole anti bullying thing, this is just really inconsistent writing.

Omg dude you're right , Jerry Lawler was all like "Aw this is dispicable I just lost alot of respect for the Bellas" but then he turns around and degrades Vicky over her weight when Vicky is not even CLOSE to as fat as Kharma

This really is some inconsistent , backwards shit here :disappointed:

I find it funny that Cole is supposed to be playing the part of the "Heel" commentator and Lawler as the "Face" and yet Cole was telling Lawler that he was being really mean to Vickie... LMAO.

As in an avid fat kid I actually find it funny...a lot of the fans like it...
So i don't don't see the problem in it >.>

If Vickie really WAS fat anymore I'd have no problem with it , but shes busted her ass and lost a TON of weight and is now in a normal weight zone and doesn't deserve to be treated like this even after all of her hard work. ESPECIALLY by a guy who could stand to lose somewhere between 10-30 pounds himself that stupid son of a bitch! :banghead:

Too Vickie's credit, she has lost a lot of weight. Looking at her 2 years ago and today, there's a big deference. She continues to look more and more fit.

WWE has a strange value system. The Bella's calling Kharma fat gets boos from fans. Lawler calling Vickie fat gets cheers from fans. Basically, if you're a face, you can say whatever you want as long as you aren't bashing the city you're in.

Lawler and Cole are both jerks.

I completely agree. Vickie isn't even overweight anymore...I bet Lawler is going to end up jacking it a few times to her new bikini shoot. He's being a real jackass, his commentating has become god awful. I can't wait for Josh Matthews to replace the old fuck.

I've been a huge Lawler fan all my life(close to his whole career), but I do agree with people on this one. Vicky is not attractive at all in the face, but she has really worked to lose weight and I wouldn't consider her fat anymore. Another good point is that if the WWE is doing this anti-bullying campaign, they shouldn't have any of their announcers making jokes like that.

Remember they ran Mickie James out of the company for being "fat"........WWE has such a strange locker room mentality. My guess is that if anyone ever had the guts to file a harassment lawsuit they would probably win easily. When King talks about Vickie like that it really makes him seem like a classless jerk.

Remember they ran Mickie James out of the company for being "fat"........WWE has such a strange locker room mentality. My guess is that if anyone ever had the guts to file a harassment lawsuit they would probably win easily. When King talks about Vickie like that it really makes him seem like a classless jerk.

There's been plenty of them filed... a lot of former Divas have filed them against Vince actually and to be honest I can't really say I blame them. Vince is always making fun of the somewhat larger women and if he's not doing it then he blabbers into the headset to make sure that King is.

Ignoring the fact that Vickie isn't fat and that IMO she's looking really great for her age right now, I will say that it doesn't do any good for WWE to continuously trash and make fun of women or men for what they look like. If Vince wants king to make fun of Vickie for her character, then that's fine, but don't make it too personal...

Which in of itself is a bit ironic since King's mother recently passed away... Wonder what he'd think if she were the being made fun of. Oh wait, he's the guy who allowed it.

Hasn't Lawler been anti-Vickie, like, forever? He's always made cracks about her weight or appearance in general. He's just being Jerry. Sure, it's against the whole anti-bullying campaign thing, but I have a feeling that "Be A Star" will Be A Memory before too much longer. Lighten up, if fat jokes upset you, I feel bad for you. And yes, I get the contradiction where Jerry stands up for Kharma, but berates a smaller person in the same way. It's part of his "schtick".

Why do you internet smarks have to get all worked up about something. Jerry is a face, Vicky is a heel. Faces don't like heels. Kharma is a face, The Bella's are heel. Jerry being a face felt bad for Kharma and Cole being a heel didn't he was pro Bella's. Vicky has lost a shit load of weight and she never got offended by the fat jokes. She's fit now so why do people even care she herself knows she's fit and she is happy with how she looks. Jerry The King Lawler is a HOF so why are you dissing him. He doesn't like Vicky because she's not supposed to be someone to feel bad for she's someone your supposed to hate! God why are you guys so stupid? It does get annoying sometimes when King makes those jokes but it's nothing to diss him for.

the thing that i find the hardest to digest in the whole Lawler/Fat Joke thing is that like clockwork, the Be a Star segment comes up right after it. I know WWE is built on creating drama and calling out people and basically being a bully business but i feel that this type of commentary is useless. it's not adding anything to what we are watching but it's so distracting that it removes any interest i have in what's going on in the ring.

Why do you internet smarks have to get all worked up about something. Jerry is a face, Vicky is a heel. Faces don't like heels. Kharma is a face, The Bella's are heel. Jerry being a face felt bad for Kharma and Cole being a heel didn't he was pro Bella's. Vicky has lost a shit load of weight and she never got offended by the fat jokes. She's fit now so why do people even care she herself knows she's fit and she is happy with how she looks. Jerry The King Lawler is a HOF so why are you dissing him. He doesn't like Vicky because she's not supposed to be someone to feel bad for she's someone your supposed to hate! God why are you guys so stupid? It does get annoying sometimes when King makes those jokes but it's nothing to diss him for.

... the way you type is reminiscent of the way a spoilt, female, teenage brat would talk. Also, it is something to diss him for when he's more out of shape then she is. That would be like Kharma calling Mickie James fat. Don't look at this in terms of faces, heels, etc. Fact is, his character is a jackass when making said jokes, especially with the BA* campaign. Quite frankly, it's becoming just like music the "cool" people of today listen to: repetitive and annoying. Us disliking it doesn't make us stupid. I don't like it either. Vickie looks great, especially for her age. Jerry comes off as a prick with those jokes, therefore, we see how much of an ass that makes him look like. Them's the breaks man.

You don't find it just a bit odd that a 60 something year old man goes out of his way to make fat jokes about a woman who has lost plenty of weight and is just working to feed her kids because her husband died due to the business? King gets his lines fed to him by Vince through a headset, any other working environment in the world would fire the person making those jokes. WWE is very hypocritical with an anti bullying campaign yet they trash people about being fat, or stupid. It's not a wrestling face/heel thing it's a human being thing. I would be out on my ass if I said the same things at work, and you have to know it's not all scripted jokes.

I do completely agree with you but come on man we all know why Lawler does this................. Its because Vikky is the biggest heel in the WWE!

Obviously Lawler doesn't mean what he says and its all scripted by Vince to make us hate Vikky even more!

Do i agree with it? YES! She is the "bad guy/girl" of RAW aren't we supposed to hate her and make fun of her?

Its probably becuase vickie is a heel and such and jerry is being mr. good and saying that to say something for the people who dislike vickie and all but w/e it might be just part of the show. Anyways it really does contradict the be a star movement becuase a manner of bullying is fat jokes but WWE does that all the time so i dont know why people are giving lawler a hard time with this.

I don't know that we should be giving Lawler a hard time about it, he's just saying what Vince tells him. I think what gets to me and other people is the frequency of it, and how relentless they are about it. We get it, she isn't a super model, make a joke and move on. But they keep up with it for entire segments and that is when it turns into an issue. It ceases being part of the show and turns into Vince berating his employee on live TV.

This is definitely a huge part of the WWE's programming at this point. Vickie Guerrero has really busted her ass off to really slim down, and it has definitely shown! WWE is also trying to tell its fans to "Be a Star" and stand up against bullying...only to have their commentator bully a woman for her weight.

I don't mind admitting that Vickie Guerrero has definitely become one hell of a sexy woman! Jerry should hit a fuckin treadmill himself instead of drooling over Kelly Kelly...

Jerry Lawler is a face commentator and Vickie is a heel character. He's going to detest the heel. Additionally, Lawler has always had this unique sense of humor. I can tolerate his cracks on Vickie.

honestly i think Lawler is more saying he can't stand Vickie as her Character i mean more often then not now he says he would be agressive if he had to put up with Vickie its different

Be A Star really put WWE in a corner anyways. Now everybody is going to watch now to see if the bad guys bully the good guys, and so on and so forth.

When a face attacks a heel unprovoked (HBK all through the night) , massive cheers. When a heel attacks a face unprovoked (all the damn time), massive boos.

It's storytelling people. You either pick one side of the story or the other.

He stuck up for Kharma when the Bellas called her fat. He's just playing a face commentator when he makes jokes about Vickie Guererro. Why do people over-analyze these situations? Heel commentators attack face characters, and vice versa. You obviously know nothing about pro wrestling if you can't grasp this reality.

You guys are treating Jerry Lawler like he's not an actor playing a part. >.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back