JeriShow are once again Tag Team Champs ... I mean Show-Miz ... same thing

I really don't like the fact that both the Big Show & the Miz are once again in the tag team division! They both have nothing else to prove to the people as far as both guys are concert.

The Big Show shined in tag team wrestling with Chris Jericho. And the Miz got the the map with John Morrison as his partner with both WWE tag gold & world tag gold. So yeah it is a shame and a waste of time to put the straps on "ShowMiz" right now with the tag team scene mak'in a little comeback in all brands of the WWE.

RAW:
-DX
-Mark Henry & MVP
-Even Bourne & Primo (Colon)
-Legacy (Ted Dibiase & Cody Rhodes)

Smackdown!:
-Cryme Tyme
-The Hart Dynasty
-CM Punk & Luke Gallows
-Matt Hardy The Great Kahli (I guees?)
-Jimmy Wang Yang & Slam Master J
-Mike Knox & Charlie Haas
-The Undertaker & Kane (for old times sake??)

ECW:
-Croft & Beretta
-Goldust & Yoshi Tatsu
-William Regal & Ezekiel Jackson

But I think the Miz should focus on his singles push right now with the US title though while he's on file on the mic & in the ring. As for the Big Show, why not give him another run with the WWE or world title before he leaves the WWE again for whatever reason. He has enough to in the tank to carry RAW or Smackdown as the champ!

But yeah, "ShowMiz" is not the biz!

A thought just crossed my mind, although I doubt this is what WWE's plans are. We all know that the Unified champs can be on any show, yes? Also, Miz is the US champ. Maybe, just maybe he'll use the ability to be on both shows as a way to also secure himself the Intercontinental championship. Think about it. The man would have 3 titles, 4 belts. When was the last time anyone has ever had 4 belts at once within one organization? Now again, I highly doubt this is the route WWE is going. But, if it is, then ShowMiz make great Unified champs, if only it catapults The Miz even higher.

I've got no problem with it as it simultaneously gives both wrestlers something to boast about, gives Miz a huge boost by carrying around three championship belts, keeps the Big Show from fading into the background and this is a chance to get some momentum going not only back into the tag title scene but the tag team scene in general.

I think that the SES will eventually gain the titles, CM Punk is one of the best things on wrestling television today. Now, when it was announced that there would be a triple threat tag match for the titles on Raw, I knew that DX was gonna drop the straps. And, like everyone else, I figured that the titles would be dropped to the SES since they've been together longer, more emphasis has been put on them and, quite frankly, it was the direction the WWE was leading us in. I was surprised to see ShowMiz pull it off. I think this shows that the WWE is impressed by the Miz and generally have confidence in him.

I think it could be good. Look at Shawn Michaels. Not only did he come out in a tag team, he also was paired up with Kevin Nash/Diesel and it helped make him look like a worse guy, hiding behind Nash and using him. It then created a solid feud and he then propelled from there.

It could work out very well.

I think the SES should've won the tag titles over ShowMiz. SES clearly could've benefited from it and get more exposure as they are the hot team at the moment. Show just lost the gold, so he didn't deserve it yet and Miz already has the U.S title, so he didn't need any more gold. Vince screwed this one up, and I hope it doesn't hurt Punk and Gallows too much.

Wait, Miz is getting the push over Morrison? No, I know Miz is getting pushed, and Morrison is getting snubbed from the elimination chamber. But if they were going to do this, why not just keep Jerishow as the champs. Are they just trying to show us Miz is awesome, because seriously, I already knew that. I didn't get the name ShowMiz until Jonnie pointed it out to me that it's like Showbiz. It's actually kind of clever. But the SES should've won. I thought Showmiz had no chance, but when HBK tagged himself in, I knew how it would end. And I was right. It's a good way to keep Big Show on TV though, even though he's going to Smackdown anyway. Punk and Gallows should've won and bragged about being straightedge even more. But, whatever. They'll get two more recruits, so they can be a straightedge Evolution. Punk as World champ, Gallows as IC Champ, two other guys as tag champs, and Serena as women's champ.

Sidious there is a difference between Miz and Jericho, it's the fact Jericho can actually defend his big mouth, Miz however cannot.

Miz is an up and coming star i agree, but he does not need the Tag team titles to help get his gimmick over, infact it actually makes him seem weaker in the long run and makes show look like a complete farse in regards to his main event credibility.

Punk and Gallows should have gotten the tag straps because their gimmick has taken off people really seethe when they see the straight edge society and i think its the best heel gimmick going on in the WWE as a whole at the moment, why not reward Punk and Gallows with the tag straps instead of giving it to a make shift team that we know wont last that long anyway.

but this is the problem with the WWE at the moment they are not rewarding people who actually work, just guys who they think can sell merchandise, the issue i have is that the tag team division needs to have actual teams that will take the title for a long ride instead of just throwing guys together to give the tag titles some credibility, its annoying and I really don't think that the writers made the right call in this situation.

Defeating DX does give whomever wins some great credibility thats why i believe Punk and Gallows should have defeated them they could have had the bragging rights and the heat to pull it off, its a shame that now we have to deal with another team that has no business being in the division at all, I feel bad for Miz this could kill his singles career if hes not careful.

I disagree about SES being a better choice. Since they formed, and since Luke Gallows has been introduced to us (tv only, i don't get to see house shows and dark matches myself).....He's wrestled in the ring, LEGITIMATELY all of about 15 minutes. The rest of the time he's either rubbing Punk's shoulders (why?) or performing that finisher of his AFTER the match has been decided.

He hasn't WRESTLED much at all and I don't see the point in putting a belt on a guy that hasn't proven himself to be a winner. Punk certainly deserves a belt, but Gallows, not so much.

Plus, I think this will do huge things for the Miz, having dual titles to brag about and being able to shuffle between shows. I can't wait to see Miz explode into every fan's conciousness with this new angle.

If Gallows were a bit more accomplished, hell, if he even wrestled a few matches and LOST them, I'd be all for the SES getting the belts. But as it stands, he's no more than an overgrown "manager" to Punk, interfering on his behalf in singles competitions.

I have to agree with the original post as far as Miz essentially being Jericho Jr. Just another big-mouthed, normal-sized guy getting paired up with a monster. I honestly think the WWE thinks fans prefer these odd-couple pairings, as opposed to having an actual tag team division.

This leaves a lot of possibilities open though. Perhaps ShowMiz are transitional champs for the time being, and we may get to see someone other than DX or Big Show & [insert name here] as champions. And this gets the belts off of DX, so we maybe, just maybe can have the rumored HHH-HBK match at Wrestlemania. Jericho is off to do his thing with Edge, and Big Show is (always) in limbo, so this gives him something else to do. I see a problem with Miz defending the US Title though. He was doing pretty well, defending it consistently...so hopefully this won't throw too much of a wrench in the works.

Plus, we get another cool mash-up tag team name to remember.

Yeah, Straight Edge Society should have won them. They were definatley the over team and the ones that could use the title really well to their advantage. On the other hand I do enjoy seeing Mix with 3 belts but it's not really good for any one else. And why the Big Show needs another tag title reign is beyond me, I have no idea why he was thrown together with Miz in the first place after seeing Miz having a great feud with MVP. It all seemed too random for me, especially seeing the SEC being built really well to hold the titles.

Hopefully they don't hold them for too long and we see Punk and Gallows with the titles soon.

Does anyone think its possible that The Miz and Big Show paring is just a way to set up a Miz and Big Show vs. John Morrison and Kane Tag Team Championship programme at WM26?

It seems like the WWE could take this route considering both Morrison and Kane have recent feuds with Drew McIntyre maybe some time in the next few weeks Kane and Morrison decide to pair up setting up an ironic match with Miz and Big Show. Ironic meaning both pairs of Show/Kane and Morrison/Miz were former tag team champs together.

If somehow Show and Miz looses maybe we can then see a US Title rivalry between The Big Show and The Miz post Wrestlemania. If Miz ends up winning this rivalry it can make him that much closer to ME Status.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back