• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jericho has never beaten Cena?

blair4107

Pre-Show Stalwart
Tonight on RAW they announced that Chris Jericho could do something that he had never done before - defeat John Cena. Which instantly made me think about Cena's first PPV, Cena did in fact pin Jericho but what about the build up to that match? How about Smackdown on Independence Day in 2002? Chris Jericho pinned John Cena. Granted it was only Cena's 2nd match and this was pre-gangsta days even so I guess WWE just expected all the viewers to forget, I just wish the "WWE Universe" had SOME sort of continuity to it.

agree with you %100 but wwe seem to do that say false facts about the past cos they think fans are dumasses and dont remember about the past.

I remember the build up in 2002 that Cena pinned Jericho a couple of times but i didn't realize Jericho had pinned Cena.

He probably meant since being a main eventer more then anything.

agree with you %100 but wwe seem to do that say false facts about the past cos they think fans are dumasses and dont remember about the past.

JR does that often, example, Summerslam 2001, there has never been a hardcore title ladder match... now go back to November/December 1998, Big Boss Man won the title from Mankind in a hardcore title ladder match.

It really bugs the hell out of me when they say false stuff.

I believe they just assume people forget things or they don't know. Remember allot of people watching are kids who have only watched for a couple of years and never got to see Pre-Rapper Cena in 2002 (They probably didn't even see Rapper Cena)

But the wwe do it all the time, blah blah a first when in reality its already happened. Either the creative don't remember or they just don't think the fans will remember/know if it has happened

I wonder if there is even a point in posting here. It will likely just be moved to the Spam section or closed. At any rate, I was actually quite confident that Jericho never beat Cena. Until reading this thread, I still thought it to be true. Maybe, and this may be a stretch, but maybe they weren't expecting some cynical know it alls to actually do research on something irrelevant and insignificant. What does it matter really?

whats really dumb about this supposed never defeat of cena. I was watching smackdown a couple weeks ago on HULU and they showed a "Classic match" of Jericho beating Cena. yeah it was the pre-gangsta days like one person said and it was a long time ago, but the replay was only a couple weeks ago.

[youtube]iq2KaM_h694[/youtube]

THIS is a Jericho victory over John Cena.

I hate it when WWE pulls these wrong facts out of the blue. Its like when they said at one point on WWE programming that Batista had never beaten Edge before with gold on the line even though Batista had defeated Edge after he won the gold rush tournament on RAW years back.

But yeah, there's the vid if anybody is interested.

WWE... *facepalm*

what? making up facts like that is basically a wrestling tradition. or do you believe that pat patterson won the intercontinental championship in a tournament in rio de janeiro? hey, did you know rey mysterio has never wrestled without his mask? andre the giant was never pinned in 15 years before wrestlemania III! wrestling has never adhered to any continuity and never will.

what? making up facts like that is basically a wrestling tradition. or do you believe that pat patterson won the intercontinental championship in a tournament in rio de janeiro? hey, did you know rey mysterio has never wrestled without his mask? andre the giant was never pinned in 15 years before wrestlemania III! wrestling has never adhered to any continuity and never will.

Yes, but when the very same company stating the fact has broadcasted material before that proves otherwise its a bit dumb! Lol.

Those examples are good though, if used in the right these 'facts' can really build up a lot of angles and characters even.

The problem is, there's examples like the Cena one which are just shockingly bad.

We all know that in the WWE if it happened more than 6 months ago its new and we've never see it...... so as for Jericho and Cena......

wait what was this thread about again?

"Another primary match on the Raw brand was for the WWE Championship between John Cena and Chris Jericho, which Cena won by pinfall after performing an FU."

SummerSlam 2005.

"The main event was for the World Heavyweight Championship between John Cena, and the champion, Chris Jericho, which Cena won by pinfall after executing an FU."

Survivor Series '08.

They are right. He's never beaten Cena. Ever.

Cole made a statement during their main event match saying that "Chris Jericho has gained 2 world titles in 2008 but failed to beat John Cena last year". Not word for word, but that explains it. The key is "last year", as the WWE is saying that Chris never beat Cena in 2008.

Jericho probably forgot to add that part in during the opening segment.

saying jericho never pinned cena is like saying nobody slammed Andre the Giant prior to Wrestlemania 3 when every fan knows that couldn't be true because Andre was obviously lighter in his youth and everyone has seen him slammed long before Hogan ever did it.

It's not really a big deal. They do this sort of thing alot.

Sure, Y2J may have pinned him back in '02 when Cena was still the Prototype sort of character but don't get your knickers in a knot over something like this. Jericho hasn't ever beaten today's Cena.

Get over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back