• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JEFF JARRETT Hall of fame

We all know that JEFF JARRETT is the
man who created TNA wrestling and
also ditched WWE for years.. But
now he has gone from TNA and may
never get back there. Considering
the moments of Jarrett in WCW WWF
and TNA do you think that JEFF
JARRETT will ever enter the WWE
hall of fame.. Your valuable thoughts
on this...

I could possibly see him and Jerry Jarrett going in together if they can agree to do it and get along.

Jeff by himself could possibly get in but it would make sense to put Jerry in as well

I wouldn't be against it considering some of the other people who are already in.

It would probably be a long time down the road though.

I don't think so. Based on what I've read on the internet for the past few years, Vince McMahon seems to have a strong dislike towards Jeff Jarrett; having "publicly fired" him as well. And then Double-J went on to form TNA Wrestling- WWE's only competition for a decade... if you call them a competition, that is.- which has most likely fueled McMahon's dislike towards him even more. So no, I don't see that happening, at least not as long as Vince McMahon is the boss.

He never was that great in WWE but even so people with similar careers in WWE made it in. That being said Vince's dislike for JJ and the fact he started the only real rival all be it a piss-ant one to WWE since WcW died was JJ. That imo seals the deal that he wont be let in the hall of fame at least not as long as vince calls the shots.

Interestingly enough, maybe...

Triple H has already shown some business acumen by getting Bruno into the HOF. Considering the bad blood between Bruno and the WWE in general over the last few decades, that's quite a feat. Say what you will about Triple H but that's nothing to smirk at. Plus, if this news about Benoit footage being shown (albeit with a disclaimer) is true, hey why not? JJ held WWE titles and did absolutely nothing as heinous as Benoit. At the very least, I'd expect him to make it that far based on his family name.

Vince holds grudges, that's nothing new. Triple H, on the other hand, seems to be a pragmatist. I think a lot of that political positioning people accused him of during the Attitude Era has paid off. (Did that really hurt the impact of the Attitude Era, anyway?)

Again, say what you will, but we've had Bruno in the HOF, Warrior doing active advertising for a WWE product and now Benoit footage allowed. As for the subject at hand, that does mean a great deal. Besides, WWE probably realizes it has no actual competition at the moment. TNA is a very distant second in the market and ROH is where they're at. What harm could it do? They've extended many an olive branch over the last few years. If anything, it makes the company look good. They're taking care of their own, and what not.

The business perspective outweighs old grudges sometimes.

Did anyone ever think that Bischoff would walk out onto a WWE stage and hug Vince?
It happened. But he had far more to offer than Jarrett. I can't see Jarrett going in, as really, is he that worthy of it?!

Pretty much everybody gets put into the WWE hall of fame; there are some guys who don't belong in there. So I will not say no to Jeff Jarrett. But, Jeff was never a great WWE wrestler. He had two short stints with the WWE and was never a top guy.

In my opinion, Jeff Jarrett is not worthy enough to be in the WWE hall of fame. Never a top guy, never drew, was a decent worker. But WWE puts people in the HoF that I don't think belong in there.

The difference between WWE making a amends with Bruno,Warrior and in a way Bischoff there is a simple reason. All three were FAR bigger names then JJ ever could of dreamed of being. There is money to be made with having them be back with WWE. I cant imagine the same can be said with JJ. He was never a big name in WWE and was only a big name in WCW since it was already dead it was just waiting for the body to cool. As for TNA dont make me laugh he was a big name since he ran it for those years and i would hardly say he is a Bischoff type not even by a long shot.

What money or ratings are there to be had by doing anything with JJ? The only way i would see it happening is if he has to join the kiss my ass club and down talk TNA just to feed vinces ego. That being said they have no reason to give TNA any kind of a shout out even if its to crap all over it so i dont see that happening either. I dont think we ever see him in the hall of fame at least not for a very long time. Maybe by the time HHH is vinces age they will have him go in as a filler for a weak year.

I really don't see WWE inducting Jarrett into the HOF. It's well documented that Vince has a strong dislike for Jarrett, ever since Jeff's contract expired the day before his "Good Housekeeping" match with Chyna, and he refused to work the match. WWE had heavily promoted this match, and according to Mick Foley's autobiography the WWE was forced to pay Jarrett alot of money for him to wrestle that evening- Foley says he wishes he had been a fly on the wall of that meeting!

Jeff was pretty much fired on air when WWE took over WCW and formed TNA as a way of keeping himself at the top of another company, as he had been given a big push in WCW before it folded, and was never going to get another chance in WWE. Although he has had alot of world title reigns in WCW and TNA, he never made it to the main event in WWE, and never really looked like a main event level talent to me, he was a solid midcarder, nothing more.

If Jarrett had been a major star, then perhaps WWE would eventually induct him, as happened with Bruno Sammartino and likely to happen with Randy Savage and The Ultimate Warrior, all of whom have had issues with Vince. But, as Jarrett was a midcarder with no major stand out moments of note, I highly doubt he will be going in any time soon.

The problem with the Hall of Fame is that it's not for elite company. After Koko B Ware got in, they almost have to let everybody in. I know Jarrett had some success in WWE, winning the IC Title multiple times, but they were pretty meaningless title reigns other than the first couple during his feud with Razor Ramon. The rest were during the era where titles were changing every couple months or even more frequently. He was WCW World Champion at least once, because I do recall him laying down for Hogan (at a ppv if my memory serves me right).

For me, it would be a no. I just don't think HOF career when I think about him in WWE, WCW, or the 2 combined. He had an average look, average gimmick, average ring skills, and average promos. Everything about Double J was average. Nothing really stood about him in my opinion.

Jarrett deserves on the basis that he formed TNA and provided the only competition for the WWE for the past ten years. Whether you like the company or not he is as deserving as any other promoter not named Bischoff or McMahon for that reason alone. TNA put guys like Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Beer Money and others on the international map whilst also prolonging the careers of Angle, Sting, Hardy and more.

He was also a former WCW Champion, granted it was mostly during the Russo Era but, ringwise, that feat alone puts him above Koko B Ware, Hacksaw Jim Duggan and other hall of famers.

I don't think Vince will put him in though due to the Chyna issue and also due to him not rating TNA that highly

Id like to see Jeff in there and think he should be in there, If vince doesnt think TNA is in the same league like he says then prove it and induct the tna founder in there, but if it all depends on Jerry Jarrett going in then i cant see jerry going in especially as he has been dissing WWE lately

I don't think so. Based on what I've read on the internet for the past few years, Vince McMahon seems to have a strong dislike towards Jeff Jarrett; having "publicly fired" him as well. And then Double-J went on to form TNA Wrestling- WWE's only competition for a decade... if you call them a competition, that is.- which has most likely fueled McMahon's dislike towards him even more. So no, I don't see that happening, at least not as long as Vince McMahon is the boss.
When Jarrett's wife died Vince and family sent flowers to the funeral. I don't think things are that bad. If Bruno and Warrior can come back than anybody can come back.

JJ was a good wrestler but nothing he did anywhere really stuck out. His WWE time was meh. I don't see how he should get a spot in the HOF. Of course like some have said there are people in it that shouldn't be.

No, but I think JJ should do Owen Hart's induction if that ever happens. I've heard more emotional, touching words from JJ about Owen than Bret or anyone else over the years.

I think JJ is definitely deserving of being in the WWE hall of fame. Remember, it's not just a WWE hall of fame but one for wrestling so the person's time in WWE or lack thereof isn't the only thing to consider. I know, it's a wrestling hall of fame and so many deserving guys aren't in, but they've also done a great job with some of the names they have let in. JJ had a lot of success prior to WWE and WCW and TNA, he was almost as big a name in the Memphis area as Jerry Lawler. Along with his father, they ran the USWA which was one of the last territories to survive. If personal issues can be put aside Jeff Jarrett and his father (who did do some business with WWE a few years ago post-TNA) should be in.

Why not? WWE can piece together a induction vignette that can make Gillberg's career look like Goldberg's, but better. Some powerful voice over work and done, Jarrett looks like Paul Bunyan and Michael Jordan all rolled up in one undersized bleach blonde hairdo.

WWE enters 5ish guys/gals/factions a year. Over the next thirty years is it hard to believe a guy who had such a long career and was so well travelled wouldn't be a reasonable induction. If Vince doesn't understand Jarrett not wanting to lose to a woman after all these years, I'm sure HHH would understand not wanting to take it from behind from Chyna (oh wait, maybe not).

Did anyone ever think that Bischoff would walk out onto a WWE stage and hug Vince?
It happened. But he had far more to offer than Jarrett. I can't see Jarrett going in, as really, is he that worthy of it?!

Totally different person, Bischoff i gather was respected in that he is one of few men that had the balls to go against Vince and under his guidance beat him for several months and ofcourse it's controvery which creates cash.

Jeff Jarret is a nobody now, he's hasn't been in TNA onscreen in how long? not that many people know what TNA is or who is down there anyway, and certainly not there history. Jarrett would just be the guy who can't talk for shit, booked himself to championship wins over and over without proving he anything, in charge on screen at the time of WCW's demise a former intercontinental champion, the guy that put a wedge between Austin and Debra and a Tag Team partner to Owen Hart. *LOSER*

Saying that there's no denying there's been alot of people put in the HOF that either no casual fan would have a clue who it is or they never did anything to deserve to be classified as a legend yet bonified legends either don't want to be in or aren't considered or are put on hold year after year so they don't have to share the spotlight with someone else.

IDK really. I was a huge Double J fan during the final years of WCW. He was definitely the top guy during the NWO 2000 angle. He may not have been a good top guy but he was the top guy. If Booker T is in then I say put Jarrett in. I think Jarrett has had a better overall career than Booker.

Hate to tell all you Slapnuts that think he won't go in due to some kind issue w/ Vince. He'll go in as they put in Verne Gagne in who btw was Vince's Competition in the 80's. He's had 1 helluva career as Vince has also put guys like Hogan (Steriod Scandal), Bret Hart(Montrel Screwjob), Bruno (Not liking the product up until he rewatched it), Jim Ross(all his stuff), Abby The Butcher (A certified guy whose got I think HIV or something who baladed nightly), and a few others that Vince had issues w/ over the years.
So what that Jeff didn't want to lose to a female as we all know guys like Punk, Orton, Austin, and others wouldn't do that either. Hell I wouldn't want to get pinned by a Woman as that makes you look like a weak man then. The reason I've read about Vince is that he actually wished for Jeff and TNA to succeed as that's what best for biznizz so we all get a great product. Cola Brands Pepsi/Coke all the Pizza and Burgers Chains root for each other. So In conclusion Jeff Jarrett should go and deserves to be in the WWE HALL OF FAME. Now If you people don't like that you can choke on these Slapnuts.

Jeff Jarrett is certainly enough of a star and had a career that belies a Hall of Fame induction. The likes of BoBo Brazil, Koko B Ware, Sika....there are plenty in there who Jarrett is more deserving over. BUT, the likes of Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior, Jake Roberts, King Kong Bundy, Davey Boy Smith, Rick Rude, Vader, The Great Muta, Big Bossman, Rick Martel are more deserving of an induction and until some of most of them are in, Jarrett isnt even a consideration.

Now holding Vince for ransom to the tune of $250.000 back in 1999 was poor form by Jarrett, who followed his buddy Vince Russo to WCW four weeks later, and that is why Vince will never do business with Jeff Jarrett again. Sure he has made up with Bret(Vince fault), Hogan, Bischoff and countless others over the years, it was always done for the betterment of business. By inducting Double J, Vince gets nothing in return. Jarrett may get inducted in years to come(15-20 years wqhen they struggling for inductees), but his father Jerry Jarrett, who Vince actually had ready to take over the company when he was indicted on steroid charges back in the early 90s, would be more chance of an induction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back