Jeff Fisher is NO Longer The Titan's Head Coach

6timehitta

Big Papa Panty Droppa
Now, I am an avid football fan, just as much as wretling tbh, and when I heard this my jaw dropped. Jeff Fisher has been relieved of his coaching duties in Tennessee. Now this is huge on account of the Titans have no future head coach in the wings like the Vikings and Cowboys did. Mike Heimerdinger could've been the replacement, but he has cancer very unfortunanently. So how will this work? Alot of questions.

Is Vince Young going to be in Tenn. this yr?
Who is the next coach in Tenn?
Does this mean rebuilding for the Titans?
Does Jeff Fisher find another job this yr and if not when does he?

1. The Titans are saying Vince Young is still going to be gone and though I think that is best for both parties I could see Bud Adams possibly changing his mind.

2. There are going to be a lot of candidates for the next head coach. Mike Munchak the current OL coach for the Titans will be a candidate. Big names like Cowher and Gruden will float around but are unlikely. Assistants like Perry Fewell and Marty Mornhinweg will be candidates as well.

3. This definitely means rebuilding for the Titans. They are coming off a 6-10 season, will have a new head coach, most likely a new starting qb, and their defense really regressed this past season. Chris Johnson is the only major asset they currently have.

4. I believe Fisher will take next year off. All the head coaching positions are already filled and I can't see him going anywhere as a coordinator.

As an avid Titans fan I'll have to chime in on this.

1. I don't see any situation where Vince Young will be back next season. It would be a slap in the face to Fisher and Vince Young just isn't mature enough to be a starting QB in this league. His work ethic is non existent and any head coach coming in to Tennessee won't want anything to do with him.

2. Mike Munchak is the most likely option. If it isn't him it will most likely be a guy with no experience at being a head coach.

3. I don't think this means rebuilding at all. If we can get a veteran QB(Orton/Kolb/McNabb) I believe we still have a lot of talent on this roster to make a playoff push. Our offensive line is still one of the best in the league, Kenny Britt is a rising star and Chris Johnson is always a factor. Our defense did take a step back last year but I blame that on Cecil's play calling, the guy was a bum. There's a lot of talent, young talent across the board on this team and I think we have all the pieces minus a quarterback to be a solid team.

4. Fisher will 100% take time off, he's said that he's very tired and just wants to relax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back