JBL takes a shot at Punk?

ASKane

Championship Contender
I am not sure if many noticed or if it actually was a shot but when Daniel Bryan comes out to interrupt HHH, Steph and Orton he gets loud chants and JBL says he doesn't know why the fans are chanting for an insubordinate employee. To me that was a shot at Punk and I think the first they have done so what does that say about his situation.

Your thoughts if it was a shot, whether you caught it and what you think it means

He was talking about Daniel Bryan. They were cheering for Daniel Bryan, Daniel Bryan was coming to the ring. Literally every sign points to him talking about Daniel Bryan.

I think you're ******ed.

He was talking about Daniel Bryan. They were cheering for Daniel Bryan, Daniel Bryan was coming to the ring. Literally every sign points to him talking about Daniel Bryan.

I think you're ******ed.

How is Bryan an insubordinate employee plus when you take a shot it is supposed to be a subtle inside joke and a few people get. You don't just hear CM Punk chants and then shoot, you do it kayfabe towards a wrestler when it is a shot at a legit issue towards another wrestler like tonight

How is Bryan an insubordinate employee plus when you take a shot it is supposed to be a subtle inside joke and a few people get. You don't just hear CM Punk chants and then shoot then you do it kayfabe towards a wrestler when it is a shot at a legit issue

Do you know what insubordinate means? I have to assume that you don't because Daniel Bryan, kayfabe, was being insubordinate. There were no CM Punk chants happening when JBL said that, it was when Daniel was coming out.

Again, you're stupid.

Obviously it was directed at Bryan. Bryan has been against the Authority since August, so he would be an insubordinate employee in their eyes. There was no shot at Punk intended. If WWE wanted to take a shot against Punk, they would do it directly, not in a hidden, double meaning line.

If they really wanted to take a shot, they would have done it when Orton paused as the crowd chanted Punk's name.

Obviously it was directed at Bryan. Bryan has been against the Authority since August, so he would be an insubordinate employee in their eyes. There was no shot at Punk intended. If WWE wanted to take a shot against Punk, they would do it directly, not in a hidden, double meaning line.

If they really wanted to take a shot, they would have done it when Orton paused as the crowd chanted Punk's name.

I understand all that its just the timing that has me questioning if there was a double meaning to it

Bryan interrupted Orton and the Authority. The shot was at Bryan. The crowd was cheering for Punk previously, and no mention was made...that would've been the perfect time to say anything.

Only wish they have B.N. Barrett deliver the Punk news to the crowd....

They have allowed a few talents to take shots of house shows but in each case it seems like cheap heat. I do not think they are ready nor have the ball to pull it on TV just yet. They want to see how it plays out and then will work it into production.

What in hell were you doing paying any attention to the announce team anyway? King is out in his own world while Cole and JBL just play grab dick.

I think you are reaching on this one... When you are shoe horning DB into Punks angle, there may be some remnants of referring to Punk but not as an overt jab...

images

Lol. Reed Richards would be proud of a reach of this magnitude.

Lol nah bruh what are you talking about?

I do think that the comments Randy Orton made about being on the morning shows and stuff alluded to one of those alleged anonymous letters from the two WWE employees about Punk.

I am not sure if many noticed or if it actually was a shot but when Daniel Bryan comes out to interrupt HHH, Steph and Orton he gets loud chants and JBL says he doesn't know why the fans are chanting for an insubordinate employee. To me that was a shot at Punk and I think the first they have done so what does that say about his situation.

Your thoughts if it was a shot, whether you caught it and what you think it means

That's funny because he said the same thing about Daniel Bryan in August, September, October, November, December, and even January. It's a storyline dude, and always has been.

That's funny because he said the same thing about Daniel Bryan in August, September, October, November, December, and even January. It's a storyline dude, and always has been.

I guess that shows how little I pay attention to their terrible commentary. Seems like the only time I listened was the right time to think WWE were taking a shot.

I understand all that its just the timing that has me questioning if there was a double meaning to it

The answer is no. The WWE is doing their absolute best to not mention anything CM Punk. Since he's been gone, nothing is about him. Nothing will be about him. It's like he never existed.

It's too bad CM Punk's mouthbreathing fans didn't go with him.

They have allowed a few talents to take shots of house shows but in each case it seems like cheap heat. I do not think they are ready nor have the ball to pull it on TV just yet. They want to see how it plays out and then will work it into production.

What in hell were you doing paying any attention to the announce team anyway? King is out in his own world while Cole and JBL just play grab dick.

I don't pay much attention to JBL.

"Hey I love the face. Go face."
"Oh my god, how could that face be so out of line. Go heel!"

He's just annoying. I guess his purpose is to be groomed as Lawler's eventual replacement.

I wouldn't say it was exclusively directed at Daniel Bryan, the joke could obviously serve multiple purposes. Plenty of WWE employees have been taking shots at Punk since his departure from the company, so it wouldn't surprise me.

The OP was just reading something into it that isn't there, but I don't think its some egregious offense that warrants the insults and vitriol that I've read in the replies.

Insubordinate employee is exactly what Bryan has been playing for the last 6 months.

This has nothing to do with Punk. The comment was to describe Daniel Bryan. Nothing more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back