James Storm Suffers Concussion: Out For 6-8 Weeks

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to a post from Storm himself on Twitter, he suffered a concussion during the Impact Wrestling tapings in Macon, Georgia. According to his post, doctors have informed him that he'll be out of action for at least 6 to 8 weeks. I've no idea what happened at the Impact Wrestling tapings, I don't read spoilers for upcoming shows. If you have, however, please don't put any spoilers into your posts.

Lousy luck for Storm as he just became TNA World Heavyweight Champion. :disappointed: With him out of action for what sounds like a month and a half, maybe even 2 months, I'm guessing they'll do an angle where he's stripped of the title or forced to give it up. Angle pulls a groin muscle and has to give up the title in a pretty mediocre fashion, now Storm has a concussion that could keep him out of action for up to 2 months.

According to a post from Storm himself on Twitter, he suffered a concussion during the Impact Wrestling tapings in Macon, Georgia. According to his post, doctors have informed him that he'll be out of action for at least 6 to 8 weeks. I've no idea what happened at the Impact Wrestling tapings, I don't read spoilers for upcoming shows. If you have, however, please don't put any spoilers into your posts.

Lousy luck for Storm as he just became TNA World Heavyweight Champion. :disappointed: With him out of action for what sounds like a month and a half, maybe even 2 months, I'm guessing they'll do an angle where he's stripped of the title or forced to give it up. Angle pulls a groin muscle and has to give up the title in a pretty mediocre fashion, now Storm has a concussion that could keep him out of action for up to 2 months.

If not longer. Concussions are a tricky business in that no two are the same, so a similar occurrence suffered by two separate individuals will always results in a completely different time-table to return.

There's no way the company will make the mistake of keeping the title on a performer suffering from a concussion, because it's not just impact that could make things worse — he may be sufferening from a myriad of other issues like sensitivity to light and sound, so suffice it to say, being in the IMPACT Zone is probably not the best course of action for him.

Such a shame this happened. I just hope like hell they let him take the adequate time off to heal up. A single concussion ended the career of Bret Hart, and too soon. I'd hate like hell to have something similar happen to Storm as well.

Damn, James. Sorry about your damn luck.

This freaking sucks. For both Storm, TNA and the fans. When's the last time the guy was injured anyhow? God hates rednecks. But are we sure this is legit? I can't tell anymore with TNA. Which is a good thing, don't get me wrong.

Sucks for Storm and I hope he really does take time off to heal. Concussions blow and no title win or storyline should change anyone's mind on the matter. Go home, get better and come back to pick up where ya left off.

This is a really difficult topic to discuss without referencing the spoilers as to what happens on that Impact, but yes, this is certainly very unfortunate, and will doubtless put a monkey wrench in their plans for the Main Event scene. Hopefully they'll come out with a decent back up plan. It'll be interesting to see where things go from here.

I hope that he gets well soon. For me he's part of the reason I enjoy TNA. I realize that concussions vary depending on the sport or athelete. This is a good call on TNA's part. But to play devil's advocate, I hope this isn't an angle like they did with Anderson earlier this year against Jeff Hardy. That would be a serious low. But right now I'll assume that this is legit and wish for Storm a speedy recovery.

God hates rednecks

1) SCSA

2) Everyone know God watches It's Always Sunny on Thursdays

3) Dammit said it. Concussions no joke. He could be out much longer. Look at Sidney Crosby, tons of NFL players..he might be able come back on TV but long time before he take serious bumps.

4) Another Bound for Glory 5 month round robin super tournament special spectacular to crown new champion? Or injury angle with Roode or someone else taking him out? Could make for good story when Storm comes back.

If there were ever an appropriate time to use that phrase...

As much as I don't wanna say it, I think this could be the end of Beer Money. All depending on how things go on iMPACT. However, I could see an angle where Roode lost to Storm, got jealous, and took him out. Nobody would know about it, including Fourtune(?). A tournament is held for the TNA championship that lasts about the time that the Cowboy is out, and Roode wins. In honor of Storm, he drinks a beer. At that moment, Storm comes out and attacks Roode. They then feud basically about who deserves it more, etc. etc.

I dunno.

I dunno how you can post in here and not know of stuff after this taping....so without divulging anything...I was at the Sacramento TNA house show which was AFTER this taping and he WAS there, and he DID wrestle....

I dunno how you can post in here and not know of stuff after this taping....so without divulging anything...I was at the Sacramento TNA house show which was AFTER this taping and he WAS there, and he DID wrestle....

Those who didn't actually read the spoilers (and there are plenty of users who avoid them) don't know, and don't deserve to have it ruined for them, so why comment if you already know? Just hold your tongue until Thursday like everyone else who read them.

Simple as that.

The timing couldn't have been worse. What with Storm getting the push of his career right now, and looking to break out as a true singles star for the first time ever. Hopefully he rests up and comes back sooner than later. I just hope he doesn't come back too soon to risk further injury for himself.

I feel sorry for Storm because he is a good wrestler but god damn if this doesn't make the BFG ending look even stupider.

Damn that sucks for Storm and TNA!! Concussions suck no telling when and if you can return.. My fav hockey player Crosby has been out since Jan of last year and has yet to play in a game!! I just pray for a speedy recovery for James if this is indeed legit but knowing TNA who the hell knows

I feel sorry for Storm because he is a good wrestler but god damn if this doesn't make the BFG ending look even stupider.

How does Storm getting concussed make the BFG ending look even "stupider"?

Feel sorry for James, hopefully he can have a speedy recovery.

Dont believe it. TNA has a huge track record of turns/swerves/lies/back stabbing every 2 seconds that i cant believe it. When you do too much shock value storylines every week....the product becomes less shocking as a whole. When you cry wolf every 2 seconds people dont care. Save the shock and build it up!

No girl wants a 2 minute man every 2 minutes. A woman wants a man that can pleasure her throughout the show and make her O after a long time. But TNA is just like in your face/dont care/blow your tiny load every 2 seconds instead of building up to it correctly.

Now TNA has put me in the position of thinking either

1. Hes not really injured/this is a storyline/dont care.

or

2. He actually is injured...but i still dont care because hes injured and wont be on TV...

So where is the win in this storyline? How does this make james storm better? I dont get it!

First off I hope this is a work. I would hate it if a guy loses his career to a head injury (see Nowinski, Chris). Secondly, if this is a work and we have to hear about Storm bravely competing after a consussion without a doctor's consent I am gonna puke. Leave that macho the "game is more important than your brain" bullshit for the idiots in the NFL.

How does Storm getting concussed make the BFG ending look even "stupider"?

Feel sorry for James, hopefully he can have a speedy recovery.

I think what the poster meant was how bad would the timing be that you had the chance to put the belt on Bobby Roode and didn't do so and now you're stuck with a champion who can't compete? If Bobby was given the title in the first place, Storm getting a concussion would not change the title picture for TNA.

This is definitely up there with Kharma's surprise pregnancy, just such horrible timing for it to happen now. I'd figure that TNA would screw him over but wow. Just wow, where do they go from here? That's the only question I think really matters now.

Coming from someone who has had a concussion, I can tell you that based on reading this news, it's easy to tell that this is 100 percent, top choice, grade A BULLSHIT!

First sign of bullshit is a given timeline for return. When you are diagnosed with a concussion, its severity is based on grade. Lower the grade, the more minor the injury is. Even still, everyone reacts differently to concussions regardless of grade. It's the one type of injury that there really isn't a set deadline for recovery. Thus, if he was diagnosed by a doctor with a concussion, there is not one neurologist that would give you a set timeline for recovery on the day of diagnosis. It's actually impossible to do so.

The only way to do so is to have a follow up appointment which is generally a week later. The reasoning being that some concussion victims will still have symptoms for a couple of days (symptoms that the individual themselves can tell like bad migraines, nausea, etc) and you wouldn't be able to tell how the recovery will go until the symptoms start dying down. After that, it's a series of tests that you go through which should clue you in to how damaging the concussion was. At that point, you MIGHT have an inexact timeline but probably not. It's often something that for athletes is monitored a couple of times a week as exposure to contact while not fully recovered can cause permanent damage. As it is, having one concussion makes you susceptible to concussions in the future so you are always at more risk than others, but taking contact too soon after one leaves you incredibly vulnerable to a much worse concussion (at least it did for me as mine was minor but I was told that playing before ready made me very vulnerable to a major concussion).

With all that in mind, a definitive "he'll be out 6-8 weeks following a concussion" sounds fishy to me. It came from Storm's twitter and it is in regards to their Impact broadcast so I must imagine that since no one has seen this broadcast yet, alerting people this news might key them in to see what happened.

I actually hope it is a real concussion. No, not because I don't like Storm and having had a concussion myself, I wouldn't wish it upon anyone else. With that said, a concussion is not something to lie about. Make up an ankle injury or bruised ribs or something. Concussions are no laughing matter as they can and do cause permanent skull and brain damage. I hope it's real because TNA shit the bed last year by having their heels make fun of concussions (an utterly dispicable thing to do and not in a character sense, just in general it's not something you joke about). The last thing this company needs to do is to repeat their own actions and take a storyline (my guess as to what's going on) and use the idea of a concussion as fuel within it.

I still call bullshit but we'll find out Thursdays I guess.

the title was not put on Roode at BFG because TNA wanted to build Roode AND Storm. there was absolutely no way TNA or anyone could have known/expected Storm would get hurt.
TNA had major plans for Roode AND Storm.

the Impact for the next 2 weeks was taped on the same night at the same time. so which taped episode would he have been hurt on, the 3rd episode or the 10th episode? don't just assume you will know this Thursday.

legit injured this is a big loss. you spend time building up TWO wrestlers, who could specifically feud with each other, and one of them ends up injured and out.

I could see it being work. put it out there that he was injured at the taping before this taped show airs. could make people want to tune in and watch.

This such bad news for Storm! I'd say creative will have to strip him of the belt as there is no real time frame for recovering from something like this as someone has already posted.

Hopefully we don't get another 2 min superkick World title match ... to get the belt off him. Worse time ever to get an injury for Storm and TNA.

Damn I was so looking forward to seeing how Storm would go as Champion.

if TNA does strip Storm of the title it wont be the first time in recently history. RVD was stripped of his title because he was "injured".

the past 2 wrestlers to be champion have been injured. Angle and now Storm. that is if this is a real injury.

yeah maybe he will lose the title to bobby roode in like a hell in a cell match where if u win u keep ur sanity. and james storm loses and he gets a concussion and is out of action

I believe its a work. Look at NFL players. Typically they miss a game which is essentially 2 weeks and in most cases are back practicing after 1.5 weeks. Given all concussions are different but 9 times out of 10 this happens. Ive had my own in the past which took me a little over a week to get over.

TNA coming out and making a claim of 6-8 weeks seems odd. Its fishy to me they would put a defined number on it right from the get go. Why say 6-8 when it could be 2? Why say 6-8 when it could be months?

in the past in sports like the NFL I don't think they took concussions as serious as they do now. the players themselves want to play.
I don't follow or even like hockey but being in Canada you can't help but to sometimes catch it on the TV, but look how long Penguins player Sidney Crosby has been out.

look how long Mr Anderson was out back early in the year after he had a concussion, and the storylines that followed which had Morgan get involved with Hardy.

and dansaun77, not sure what your talking about. I haven't seen anything like that on any of the Impact TV shows that I've seen. remember, no spoilers allowed.

Let me clarify to the guy wondered why I said this made the BFG ending look even stupider:

Yes, they could have not seen this coming and it sucks that Storm, a good worker that fans respect, is now injured before he can do anything.

But they built up a different guy with incredible momentum, made it seem like him winning the title would mean something (bringing back prestige sadly lost over the past 2 years), only to have a lame finish and it hotshotted the week after. It told the fans that the title wasn't worth jack still. It wasn't for the guy with the most momentum or for the guy who had the crowd in the palm of his hand - in fact it could just be for anybody else. And now he's going to drop it with no build up. Or wrestle while injured with it (I really hope they don't do this but TNA let Jeff Hardy go out at Victory Road when he was in a state that if he got involved, could have been fatally dangerous to Sting 'cooperating' with him, what is one injured wrestler compared?). If Roode wins it on Impact then it tells the fans that BFG wasn't worth caring about and there is no need to invest in another PPV any time soon. If someone else wins it, they win it with no momentum and why should anyone care?

Whereas if they just let Roode win the belt in the first place, at least it would be on the correct guy fans believe in that says: THIS TITLE MEANS SOMETHING. You'd be starting at the top of the hill, instead of at the bottom when trying to figure out where to go next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back