James Harrison

Sully

Pre-Show Stalwart
My cousin was looking for a James Harrison sig, so I decided to try and hook him up.

JamesHarrison.png

I think this is a huge improvement for the Evan and Kofi sig, but yet I'm still not satisfied. I think I went a little over the top with 3 renders, a matter a fact I think just one would've been the best.

I like how the main image turned out, and I like the font and the text that goes with it. I made the background quick and simple. First I started with a black backdrop, and then did covered it with a yellow brush, living some black showing through, and then I covered that with black, leaving the yellow show through.

I saved this one as .png which probably helped a lot.

I think I might try and re-do the Kofi and Evan one as well, just to see how it turns out a second time.

JamesHarrison2-1.png

I went ahead and removed the other two renders, and personally I feel a lot more comfortable with it. Plus it gives more room for the font to express it's self, and it's simpler.

Hey I think your main problem has to be that the size is too big. try making a sig that is 400x200. I think you show a lot of promise as i like the way you make your backrounds but trust me when i started making smaller sigs i felt like could do much more with brushes and leave less dead space.
So try it out and post it here and i am almost certain that you will be more satisfied with it :)

Steelers-1.png

This one turned out very...odd. Personally I'm not sure whether I like it or hate it. I tried many, many different approaches here. I made the background first, and I really like what I did with the edges being in a smokey gold, and then the black center.

Then my plan was to have Troy Polamalu, Hines Ward, and Ben Roethlisberger in their away jerseys lined up next to each other, all faded out a little bit. Then I decided to try a different idea, and use home jerseys, but this time have them placed over a faded Steeler logo.

After that I took that idea out, and decided to have just Roethlisberger himself, placed over the logo. Then...I switched it around and had the faded Logo placed over Roethlisberger. As I was doing that, I accidentally duplicated it, and it turned out somewhat different, but instead of hitting undo, I kept it. Then I ruined my original background and style by smudging the entire thing, and I think I actually like how this turned out. It's not something I would use or give somebody as a signature, but I like how it turned out.

XLV.png

Pretty simple here. I split the image half Steeler colors and half Packer colors, and did somewhat of a promotional poster for Superbowl 45. I think the Superbowl logo stands out too much, and I created the borders before I even put the renders in, so if you noticed you can see their legs over the border. That could actually be cool though.

They're actually pretty good but like codebreaker said, try making them smaller. Maybe try 500 x 200 or 400 x 200 instead of the 500 x 300. The one thing you want to minimize in sigs is dead space. I also recommend playing around with the filters, gradients, opacity, and other layer tools. I've used various tutorials myself but most of the time I just fuck around with the effects tools until I find something I like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back