Best Background Competition

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
What Makes a Sig? A Render, Some Interestinf Fonts, A Border, and the Background. I'm challenging the great sig makers of Wrestlezone to come up with the best background that they can make. But here's the catch, there can be nothing but the background on it. How this will work is after I'll say Friday Night whatever backgrounds are posted will then be added to a poll which will be up till Monday Night at which time the winning background will recieve rep from me. So without further ado, my nomination for the background competition.

Make Sure to Make Your Post Non Spam!

Steps I did to Make This

-I started off with a Pink Background using the fill tool.
-Adjustment, Made it yellow color, as well as brightened it.
-Add a Cracked Brush in black color.
-Adjusted it all to make it an off yellow by using change hue and saturation
-Clicked solarize
-Saved It.
-This time started new project with a pure black background'
-Inserted Previous Save as Layer 1
-Changed Opacity of Background to darken it.
-Clicked Solarize Again
-Slight Pixelate on Layer 1
-And then done

CoolStuff.jpg

(Sneaky Suspicion that Without Text or a Render the Brightest Shiniest Background will win.)

I will without a doubt give this a go, though I have a couple of pointers. First of all...like yours there Macios, try not to make it too busy. Sometimes the cleanest and most simple of things work. Like thats a HELL of a lot of steps to make a background when brushes and filters can come into play and you can create something that's not as busy.

Imagine a picture overlayed onto that. What would you put on there? What's the context of the bg? See that's the thing. Just making a BG layer is fine and good, but often the background WORKS because of the context. For instance, your Wolverine sig above , it works because it's dark and brooding, like the Wolverine character, but there's an explosive side of him.

The background you made for this...is...well it's okay, but it lacks...a connection with...well anything. A good background makes up a lot of a good sig...but for the context to happen, you need it to REALLY have a context.

The background you made for this...is...well it's okay, but it lacks...a connection with...well anything. A good background makes up a lot of a good sig...but for the context to happen, you need it to REALLY have a context.

However, the entire point of the competition is to post solely a background. I understand that without any lettering or renders it doesn't look so great however, that was the challenge. I know how hard it is to make a background, and truthfully I don't know how to make a quality background without any renders or text supporting it.

Usually in what I try to do is simply use my render in order to create a background that matches the character. However without a render it was quite heard to do actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back