The Mile High Club

Sully

Pre-Show Stalwart
That's right, I'm made a Kofi and Evan sig.

KofiandEvan.jpg

I liked Crock's style and I wanted to try something similar, although I don't think it turned out as well. I wanted to download a brush but I had trouble finding out how, so I used on of the default ones and I wasn't satisfied.

I also tried to make the two pictures to the left and right of them transparent, but I couldn't figure out how to do that either, so I took a different approach and made the theme more of a reddish look.

Lastly, I finally found out had to download something, and found a font I was comfortable with, and gave them my custom name I thought fit, obviously they won't be using that name, but it works for me.

I used Gimp while making this, feel free to inform me on how to easily add fonts and brushes, because I'm still lost on that. Making certain images more transparent would also help. Regardless of my handicaps, I don't think it looks THAT bad...for me anyways.

What are your thoughts?

Sully wow it's interesting to say the least. It's far too big to be an allowable wrestlezone signature first off. I think the background is good however due to the size of the sig a lot of space is wasted. I think the renders of Evan and Kofi are a little blurry and I am not a fan of the red Kofi. Luckily ypu threw in a border which always helps. Not that good but for starters not bad.

Fantastic! I would totally rock that as my sig Mr. Sullivan. It is not "far too big" as the poster above me insinuates. Downsize that motherfucker by 8 pixels and I am sure to use it. Great work for a rookie, can't wait to see what you'll do with more experience!

GD is right, the only reason it's too big is because of the border. I started out with a 500x300, but next time I think I'll go 480x300 like the Gimp tutorial suggests.

Crock, I'm guessing "Renders" mean the two secondary pictures, and I know. Like I said I wanted to make them transparent, and even then I don't think that would have blended well with the background. As for the border, I agree a black or white border would've looked better, black mostly. But going with the red theme I figured it fit.

As for GD, I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or motivational, either way it helps, because if you're being sarcastic, I know I have a lot to improve on, if you're not I have the encouragement to do even better, so thank you.

I'm going to try and cook up a few more over the next 8 hours and see how I do, another thing I'm not satisfied with, is how..."old fashioned" it looks if you know what I mean. I'm not sure if it's because I'm using Gimp, or if it's another reason, but most of the good sig makers around here, their sigs look glossy and perfect. The ones I'm making look blurry and unprofessional. That one it almost looks like I made using paint. Is it because of GIMP, or do I have to take another step in order to make that look even better?

Reactions: gd
One of the reasons that your graphic is so blurry and unprofessional is because you're saving the image as a .jpg and not a .png....

Have you thought about using photoshop?

Yes I have thought about it, I'm going to try and buy the 35$ year subscription in a few months. Saving it as a .png makes it better? Does GIMP support .png? I'm not really that knowledgeable when it comes to that type of stuff. I could also try increasing the quality bar all the way to the top when I export the image.

I'll try a few things and see how they turn out.

I really like it Sully :)
You've proven that you don't know much terminology or anything, but you've made a great sig nonetheless.

The background, although a bit plain, fits with the two guys. I also like the red images.

And yeah, .PNG always turns out better. GIMP does support it. When you're saving a sig, just put .png at the end of the filename.

Keep practicing and experimenting man :)

MileHighClub.png

I redid the original sig, with a different style, image, and background. I think it looks pretty good. I did a number of different backgrounds, but I finally decided to go with Black and Blue, which if you notice was their attire colors last Monday.

I also went with a smaller size, as suggested here and in the James Harrison thread. Nothing special, but I'm semi-satisfied for something made in 10 minutes.

One thing I don't like is in the bottom left corner, you see some red from the original design, it was simply laziness on my part for not fixing it.

Yes I have thought about it, I'm going to try and buy the 35$ year subscription in a few months. Saving it as a .png makes it better? Does GIMP support .png? I'm not really that knowledgeable when it comes to that type of stuff. I could also try increasing the quality bar all the way to the top when I export the image.

I'll try a few things and see how they turn out.

Yep, gimp supports .PNG If you have trouble figuring out how to save it aa a ".png" just ask.

As for photoshop. I can give it to you for free, if you want. It's no problem dude.

MileHighClub.png

I redid the original sig, with a different style, image, and background. I think it looks pretty good. I did a number of different backgrounds, but I finally decided to go with Black and Blue, which if you notice was their attire colors last Monday.

I also went with a smaller size, as suggested here and in the James Harrison thread. Nothing special, but I'm semi-satisfied for something made in 10 minutes.

One thing I don't like is in the bottom left corner, you see some red from the original design, it was simply laziness on my part for not fixing it.

EDIT:

That's nice for starting out. You might find out as you progress that you'll want to make backgrounds using stock images and other effects. I hardly use brushes anymore. Just to touch up and add some details once in a while. I'm not familiar with Gimp, it's been so long since I've used it... but I know you can work with layers in it. Have you discovered layers yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back