IT's TIME!

Being from South Africa I would normally have to wait for 3 weeks to actually get to watch the raw that you guys watched last night thank god for youtube. Watched the Vader match was great. best bit was seeing how happy he was to be back.

I'm guessing that it will be Flair for the big show...but that leaves us with 5 guys who have to come back...whose left out there from the 90s that can still go?? And I mean someone who actually drew big...I reckon we might see Nash, what's Ken Shamrock been up to?? Anyone remember the Patriot?? Ron Simmons?? New Age Outlaws would count as one wouldn't they??? Damn I'm looking forward to the next 5 weeks

To me, it didn't really look like Vader has put on weight as he's just not nearly as toned up as he used to be. I've seen old footage of Vader doing some impressive powerlifting. He might've looked fat but hitting the guy was probably like slamming into a brick wall.

It was a fun surprise seeing him again and the live crowd definitely got a kick out of it. All in all, considering that he's not in nearly as good of shape as he used to be and his age, Vader did a good job in his match with Slater. I don't look for Vader to become a fixture again but rather I look for WWE to have appearances of former big names leading up to the 1,000th episode in matches just like last night. It'll probably be someone different next week. When it was announced that a legend was going to have a match, I cringed a little because I thought we'd be seeing Roddy Piper or Tito Santan or someone along those lines. Not that it wouldn't be fun to see them again, but Vader got to wrestle an actual match and generally looked pretty good. I'm just not so optimistic about some of the future legends, if that's indeed what WWE is going to do in the coming weeks.

I don't care what anyone says I want Vader back in WWE on a limited part time schedule wrestling contract (TV & PPV).

People can dislike this all they want but i simply don't care about 95 percent of WWE's young talent roster including Ziggler, Rhodes, Sheamus etc. I constantly harp on about WWE needing more star power.

I understand Vader's limitations & age which is why i would only have him compete in Tag Team matches. I would have him team with his son who is in FCW. At the very least it would give the Tag Team Divison some purpose.

I pray to god Pyscho Sid is on RAW next week!

I agree they should bring Vader back for a feud or something. At 57 he's outwrestling guys who are 27. To me he was always the gold standard of how a big man should wrestle. And I marked out for the mastodon helmet he wore in WCW.

Great seeing Vader last night. I agree with a few of the comments on here though. Not sure he'd be able to do a full or even part time schedule. As a send off, it would be cool to see him do one last feud to put someone over or work alongside his son for a few weeks and capture Tag Team gold, but other than that, it was a little rough watching him wheeze his way through this match with Slater. Slater hung in there like a champ last night too! I understand Vader lost a lot of weight after his coma, and he's getting healthier now that he's kicked drinking, but at the age of 57 (a very amazing and mobile looking 57 I might add!), he probably can't do wrestling full time anymore. I believe that as a more modern legend in the business, he should be able to take in decent pay days from Indy appearances, and possibly make a few one off appearances on WWE television like Slaughter, Duggan, and Dusty Rhodes do.

Vader for Hall of Fame 2013!

It was great to see Vader back and make ammends for his blunder last time we saw him. Once that music hit I was pumped. He looked good considering and the Vader Bomb came off good. Would have lover to have seen a powerbomb in their too though.

Getting Sid between now and the 1000th show and then getting him at the 1000th show would be so sweet. Here's to hoping.

Vader was good I wasn't expecting him either, but he could've done even more had he not been so out of shape. But I see alot of people saying Sid. That would be awesome, I wish he would hit that vicious power-bomb on Cole. Sweet.

I liked it. But hearing that he wants a full comeback is just sad. It was fun but I dont wanna see him back every week.

I swear I didn't expect Vader's return last night! I kinda picked up when Heath kept saying "it's Slater time". I was like "no way! can't be" Then I hear that music . . .

Vader is still the same chubby, yet threatening monster. It would be good to bring him in for a little while. Have him get a feud with maybe Ryback or Kane again would be cool after No Way Out. Give him a hall of fame induction, and put over some younger talent, ala Cody Rhodes or Ziggles. I'm all for putting over younger talent.

I'm all for a Vader comeback though! Just make him lose a little bit of that gut and build muscle.

Vader looked far better than I expected. I think I posted on another thread on this, but the last time I saw him, somebody on here posted that he looked like "The man that ate Vader"....that still makes me chuckle lol

I think JR posted on his blog that Vader has dropped 60lbs or something.....I'd love to see him back on a limited basis.

For those of us that are old enough to remember him, he was a beast in the early 90's..unfortunately, when Hogan went to WCW, soon as he wrestled Vader, and got straight up like a jack in the box after taking a Vader bomb (which was one of the most feared moves then), I remember him (Vader) losing a lot of steam because of it....like somebody tamed the monster

It was just a one off I'm sure. It wasn't but a short while ago when he was in a coma. It was a nice feel good moment and I smiled the whole match. His son is in FCW right now and is still pretty young so they would have to keep him around too long to have him bring his son up. Oh and if Ryback squashed Vader it wouldn't shut anyone up. All he would have done is beat a 400 pound 50yr old man.

And yeah, Slater will be around for a while. He is decent enough on the mic but his main selling point is, well, his selling. He sells and takes bumps better than most people and he is a great enhancement talent. He makes his opponents look good and when you can do that you will usually have a job. Hell he worked a botch free match with Sin Cara, put the strap on the kid :lmao:

notice Tensai did the Vader bomb in his match earlier in the show, ordinary booking there. Vader was a one shot deal, he is way fat in the gut area still, at 58 there is no reason to bring him in full time or for tv, Putting Ryback for instance over a guy like Vader does nothing as he would be expected to beat somebody so old and out of shape. Enjoy the retro of old stars coming back for the next 6-7 weeks, just hope they bring back guys we dont normally get to see, instead of the same old rubbish of Piper, Slaughter, Foley,Sheik, Snuka. Would be cool to see the New Age Outlaws return for one night, as they both still in reasonable shape and were a huge part of the Attitude era.

Was glad to see Vader back even if it was just one match, and I am excited to see who else they will bring back up to the 1000th episode. Vader was always one of my favorites. When he debuted with that big headdress on that looked like an evil elephant I was a little kid and he actually scared me. He was a dominant in WCW and the start of his WWE career as well. It was good to see him back even if it was just that one time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back