• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IT'S TIME!!

hatehabsforever

Staff member
Well, for those of you who follow the NHL, it's playoff time again. And in case anyone needs to be reminded:

boston-bruins-win-stanley-cup-2011-300x227.jpg

The Bruins begin defense of their well deserved Stanley Cup victory from last year. As many of you know, they had to wait 39 years between last year's victory and their previous one. I'm hoping they are going to repeat this season, and I'm confident that they can and will. So confident in fact, that I am throwing down the gauntlet to two of my favorite Wrestlezone posters and fellow NHL enthusiasts.

I am issuing a challenge to LSN80 and It's Damn Real, which was first proposed in the NHL Predictions Thread, but will be repeated here in the spam environment of the Bar Room. For those who are unaware, LSN80 is a big Pittsburgh Penguins fan, while IDR loves the New York Rangers. All three of us feel that our team will win the Eastern Conference and move on to the Stanley Cup Finals and hopefully win it all.

The rules are simple. If the Boston Bruins win the Eastern Conference, I get to choose a new username and avatar for both IDR and LSN. If the Pittsburgh Penguins pull it off, LSN gets the same opportunity to select a new username and avatar for myself and IDR. And of course, if the New York Rangers advance to the a Stanley Cup Finals, IDR gets to choose a new avatar and username for myself and LSN. The name changes will be tasteful, but will award bragging rights to the successful guy, and will put a unique spin on their existing username.

If neither of our teams win the Eastern Conference Championship, nothing changes.

I invite LSN and IDR to come in here and formally accept the challenge. And I invite any of you to propose name changes which you think would be suitable for the occasion.

May the best man win.

For the second consecutive year.

I want in as The Devils. I understand if you don't want to let me join in the fun, though, as I know The Devils are frighteningly good.

I want in as The Devils. I understand if you don't want to let me join in the fun, though, as I know The Devils are frighteningly good.

Why? You don't even post in the NHL thread.

Not trying to be a dick, but we have no way of telling whether or not you're just another bandwagon fan or someone who actually knows their stuff. LSN, Habs and I have been in that thread since day one.

Going to try to make it to a couple B's playoff games like I did last year.

Two of the best experiences of my life.

Not trying to be a dick, but we have no way of telling whether or not you're just another bandwagon fan or someone who actually knows their stuff. LSN, Habs and I have been in that thread since day one.

Since when does posting in a certain thread prove anything? There are plenty of fans on here who've probably never even bothered taking a look at the NHL thread.

This should be exciting. I pay attention to NHL. But don't watch very often, but you can never get away from it up here.

The Devils have bandwagon fans?

I've been a fan of The Devils since the 94-95 season, when the Devils won their first Stanley Cup. I was 5 years old. I've been to the number retirement ceremonies for all three Devils with retired numbers, and have followed the team closely for as long as I can remember.

If you don't want to count me in on your fun, that's fine. But calling me a bandwagon fan is just silly.

Yes, because posting in an NHL thread on a wrestling forum is truly a measuring stick of how big a fan of the NHL somebody is.

I'm a die hard B's fan who has followed the team religiously. I don't think I've made one post in the thread... does that mean I'm not worthy of saying I'm a fan of the Bruins on here?

Makes no sense.

I watched my first NHL game in YEARS a couple of weeks back. It was between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh where Philly hit a game winning shot as time expired in overtime. It was pretty fucking awesome.

I saw the other night that Philly and Pittsburgh are playing now in the playoffs. I missed the first game, but will try to catch the rest.

Rooting for Philly. I liked what I saw from that game a couple of weeks ago, and the Flyers were always my favorite team to pick in that EA Sports NHL game for Nintendo 64 back in the late nineties. Plus Dave Schultz played for the Flyers, and he played a big part in one of my favorite wrestling matches of all time back at Slamboree 1994, lol.

Yes, because posting in an NHL thread on a wrestling forum is truly a measuring stick of how big a fan of the NHL somebody is.

I'm a die hard B's fan who has followed the team religiously. I don't think I've made one post in the thread... does that mean I'm not worthy of saying I'm a fan of the Bruins on here?

Makes no sense.

As I recall, you went to a couple of Bruins playoffs games last season. And didn't they win those games? Refresh my memory for me.

If I am remembering correctly, make sure you get your ass over to the TD Garden as much as possible this year too.

Go Bruins!!

Two huge victories. Especially that first one. I would have given my left testicle to have been there to see that one in person. Seriously.

Both were incredible. Habs Game 7 might have been the best sporting event I've ever been to.

That being said, I'm also in the middle of planning a vacation to Bermuda this summer. Getting to a game might not be realistic :(

The Devils have bandwagon fans?

I've been a fan of The Devils since the 94-95 season, when the Devils won their first Stanley Cup. I was 5 years old. I've been to the number retirement ceremonies for all three Devils with retired numbers, and have followed the team closely for as long as I can remember.

If you don't want to count me in on your fun, that's fine. But calling me a bandwagon fan is just silly.

I didn't call you a bandwagon fan. I said I had no way of telling if you even were one, and the reason I did so was because this bet was designed off the seasonal rivalry the three of us (LSN, habs and myself) developed in that thread.

I wouldn't want to sacrifice the integrity of that, and the reason this bet exists, just to add users who don't really "deserve" to be in on it.

That's all I'm saying.

Makes no sense.

See above.

--

Additionally, why the hell aren't both of you posting with us?!

Yeah, I'd be in on this, but there's already a Rangers representative. No need for 2.

Oh, and I like my username the way it is, too.

I didn't call you a bandwagon fan. I said I had no way of telling if you even were one, and the reason I did so was because this bet was designed off the seasonal rivalry the three of us (LSN, habs and myself) developed in that thread.

I wouldn't want to sacrifice the integrity of that, and the reason this bet exists, just to add users who don't really "deserve" to be in on it.

That's all I'm saying.

His love of the Devils is one of the many things he discusses in his thread. Also the number on the back on his NJexus shirt is number 4, he picked that number because it was Scott Stevens. I would say it's pretty easy to tell JGlass is a big Devils fan. Also why the fuck would he make such a wager for a team he doesn't follow closely?

His love of the Devils is one of the many things he discusses in his thread. Also the number on the back on his NJexus shirt is number 4, he picked that number because it was Scott Stevens. I would say it's pretty easy to tell JGlass is a big Devils fan. Also why the fuck would he make such a wager for a team he doesn't follow closely?

JGlass is gonna be upset when Florida upsets his team in 6.

I'm not even sure if I would call that an "upset". Sure the Devils had more points but Florida are the #3 seed while NJ are the #6. Home ice advantage to the Panthers.

I call it an upset because I think The Devil's are the better team, I guess its subjective to opinion though. Also because Florida winning the division had a lot to do with Washington not playing up to their usual standards this season. Florida deserved to be in the playoffs but they also had a lot of luck along the way.

I think they will win because they are a hardworking team. I think as the series goes on they will out hustle and out play NJ. In hockey there is often the team who goes further than their talent suggests because of hard work. For some reason I think the Panthers are that team this year.

Devils are going in with a ton of momentum, Florida has very little momentum, I would be pretty shocked in Florida survived the first round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back