It's... JOHN CENA!!!!!

CrunKSinatrA

Pre-Show Stalwart
The WWE should really handle John Cena's return in a way that builds off of his meme's popularity.

I know that they're already advertising it but we don't know what he'll do. I hope that when John Cena returns, they build it up like a mystery.

But let's say Alberto Del Rio is forced to fight a mystery opponent in a US Championship defense.

Del Rio is in the ring and then they do like a five second pause before announcing his opponent... and IT'S JOHN CENA!!!!!!!!

Or the Usos have a mystery partner to fight the New Day in a 3 on 3 match. New Day and Usos are in the ring. The crowd is waiting with anticipation who the Usos mystery partner will be. They do a 10 second pause to build the suspense... and IT's JOHN CENA!!!!!!!!!!

The WWE should really handle John Cena's return in a way that builds off of his meme's popularity.

I know that they're already advertising it but we don't know what he'll do. I hope that when John Cena returns, they build it up like a mystery.

But let's say Alberto Del Rio is forced to fight a mystery opponent in a US Championship defense.

Del Rio is in the ring and then they do like a five second pause before announcing his opponent... and IT'S JOHN CENA!!!!!!!!

Or the Usos have a mystery partner to fight the New Day in a 3 on 3 match. New Day and Usos are in the ring. The crowd is waiting with anticipation who the Usos mystery partner will be. They do a 10 second pause to build the suspense... and IT's JOHN CENA!!!!!!!!!!

I would like it too but it will probably not happen! John Cena is already scheduled to face Alberto Del Rio for the US Championship at MSG event on saturday! They have probably missed a great chance of having unpredictability about his return! It would have been much better if he returned without being advertised'scheduled! :shrug:

I don't think you can really make this a surprise. It wasn't an injury without an exact timescale for a return.

Everyone knew he was taking a couple of months off and everyone knows he is due to return about now so people are expecting it.

You don't keep one of your biggest draws a secret. You advertise him and get people to buy tickets

I know it's bad business for the WWE not to advertise their top guy returning in advance but it would of been epic had they waited until the Royal Rumble and had him be a surprise entrance. I always think returns are the best when unannounced but John Cena is way too much of a big deal for that.

If you all had actually WATCHED Raw last night, they announced that it will be John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio on Raw next Monday night. It's a definite match, and Del Rio's already been tweeting about the rematch last night.

As soon as he went on hiatus we all knew when he was coming back, so it's not much of a secret or ever was. Kind of hard to surprise everyone then isn't it. If they had wanted to keep his return private they could have done so.

I'm sure they didn't know the ratings were going to tank as much as they have, and it will be interesting to see if Cena's return moves the needle any. If it does then the WWE had better get their jets on and start finding his replacement. I'm sad to say I don't think it's Roman Reigns. He's had the better part of a few months now, and can't seem to carry the load like Cena has all these years.

Why make his return a surprise? Was he really gone that long for it to be warranted as a surprise? Considering how thin the roster is at the top tier end I don't think they need to be making any Raw returns secretive. It's where they fail to capture viewers when they make a Raw return.

WWE wants ratings. In that respect, them advertising Cena for next week is smart. I guess it kind of sucks for fans who want to be consistently "shocked", but it's a logical business move. You don't not advertise your top draw after a 2 month hiatus when ratings are bad.

Also, that John Cena prank reached it's peak in popularity about 4 months ago. While it was some funny stuff, I see no need for WWE to uh... build off of it? It's not like it does anything for them or Cena.

Given that I'm one of the forum members that has been calling for a Cena heel turn, the way next week's match is set up still leaves the possibility a 50-50 chance.

If he is to turn bad guy, the elements are there in that the company is advertising the return of a hero. His appearance next Monday was announced right around the time Cena won the Slammy for 'doing the most for people' or whatever it was. Wouldn't it be great to see him betray everyone in one fell swoop?

Then again, the fact his announced opponent is an avowed bad guy......and one who has apparently been scheduled to lose the US Title right back to the guy whom he defeated for it, gives us the feeling Cena will return as a face.

A month or so ago, wasn't WWE announcing a 'major format change' in the making?

I can't think of a bigger one than turning Cena evil. The ramifications of it would change the entire roster, creating new match-ups and storylines. It might even satisfy some of the forum members who complain that Cena's been doing the same act for years.....(although at this point, I kind of doubt anything Cena could do would please them).

You can't surprise with Cena. Him being a mystery member of Team USO isn't exciting.
Him being the mystery opponent against Del Rio is ridiculously predictable.
As would be having a 'surprise entrant' in the Rumble.

This would work for someone like Rollins who nobody would expect (just an example).

It's why it worked during the Rumble many years ago when he returned from injury months before he was expected to.

and the stupid,irritating,trumpet blaring entrance music and all the juvies singing John Cena Sucks John Cena Sucks. change his music,change him so no more grade school lets go cena cena sucks.

and the stupid,irritating,trumpet blaring entrance music and all the juvies singing John Cena Sucks John Cena Sucks. change his music,change him so no more grade school lets go cena cena sucks.

Why change him, no seriously why? The only people that don't like him are the hardcore IWC fans. The kids and their moms and dads who attend the show love him. He and Bryan are still the only wrestlers you can get a refund for if they don't show up to an advertised show. He puts people in the seats, gets them to buy merchandise and lot's of it, so why fix what isn't broken.

Cena himself has said he will be a bad guy. Face it, it will never happen as much as everyone wants it, even him, the WWE just won't do it.

WWE wants ratings. In that respect, them advertising Cena for next week is smart. I guess it kind of sucks for fans who want to be consistently "shocked", but it's a logical business move. You don't not advertise your top draw after a 2 month hiatus when ratings are bad.

Also, that John Cena prank reached it's peak in popularity about 4 months ago. While it was some funny stuff, I see no need for WWE to uh... build off of it? It's not like it does anything for them or Cena.

Ya, short term, booking big name returns = ratings,

Long Run, nobody cares about the product when it's stale and predictable, they keep doing short term success strategies, and it's been catching up over the years, while Wrestling's viewer base is at like 20-25% of what it was at one point.

I think it's cooler to make a big return or debut, like Jericho, than to have an advertised draw for the night.

That would be funny if they use the OP's suggestion. I myself have no interest in seeing Cena come back, never liked him while he was there but either way that would be funny if they used that gig for him

I think it's cooler to make a big return or debut, like Jericho, than to have an advertised draw for the night.

Of course it is. It's smarter business wise to advertise though. That's not a new thing, it's been around wrestling forever. Austin, HHH, The Rock, Hogan, Taker, Bryan... basically every gigantic name that has ever been out for a period of time has been advertised before their return. The one that I can remember them not advertising is actually Cena at the Rumble, that legitimtely shocked the hell out of me. Though while it was an awesome moment, it didn't do much for the long-run and the Rumble probably would have drawn more had they advertised his return.

But I understand what you're saying.

.....and the way to do it is step in the ring and turn on every-friggin'-body..... the fans in the arena, the fans at home, WWE management, the good guys, the bad guys, the divas, Hornswoggle, Odell Beckham and Donald Trump!

Let him tell us he's been thinking about this all during his hiatus and has come to the conclusion: 'If you idiots want to boo me after all I've done for you, I'll give you something to boo about!'

Then, let him go out and do it.

.....and the way to do it is step in the ring and turn on every-friggin'-body..... the fans in the arena, the fans at home, WWE management, the good guys, the bad guys, the divas, Hornswoggle, Odell Beckham and Donald Trump!

Let him tell us he's been thinking about this all during his hiatus and has come to the conclusion: 'If you idiots want to boo me after all I've done for you, I'll give you something to boo about!'

Then, let him go out and do it.

Yes! Why not? By the way, John Cena's anticipated heel turn would really boost the rankings as everyone would tune up to see the turn and its consequences! And mam your way to turn Cena looked awesome! But Unfortunately and most probably it willnot happen because his merchandise sales are large due to him being Kids' hero.... Even John Cena himself wants to turn heel but still its WWE! And i want him to turn heel because it would increase his credibilty and add another layer in his career which might be awesome but we are never going to have it :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back