It's been overlooked possibly...

Father:_Polley

Fun's my Chinese neighbour's name
This is the tenth anniversary of Owen Hart's death at the Over the Edge PPV where he was due to face Godfather.

Discuss what could have been

I had no idea.

But Owen was being buried at the time, Might have got back in favour with Vince, But might have also followed his brother. Ignore me though i'm not that well versed in pre 2000 WWE.

I haven't overlooked it. I still clearly remember hearing the news about Owen while watching the pay-per view. It was unbeleivable then and more so that it's already been 10 years. I think Owen would definitely have gone on to win the IC title(he was slated to win that nite, if I remember correctly)would have ended up in the world /wwe title picture by now too, and possibly would have left the door open for Bret to return,who knows. RIP to Owen and everyone the Hart family has already lost.

I'm gonna be realistic and say...

He would've had a few more years in the midcard, played a key role in the invasion angle during which time he would've also gotten a main event push assuming he didn't get injured.
He wouldn't have gone to WCW, he had over a year to follow Bret and he chose not to.
Whether he would've won the WWF title or not is a tricky question. I personally think he would've played the role Angle did when Angle was in the Invasion. He would've had a very personal feud with Austin after Austin defected to the alliance, because as well as Angle played the role, Owen would've played the 'WWF's most loyal member' role better because he had been there so long. i'm thinking he would've been given the WWF title eventually, but when it had been renamed WWE. Because after Austin and The Rock had left, he would've been the only big name there other than Triple H, so he would've took control of SD. And I'm thinking a 2003 or 2004 retirement.

He would have won the IC title, lost it to Chyna, got to WCW once his WWE contract expired, come back to WWE in 2001. All while staying in the same position he'd been in for the past 10 yeasr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back