It's Awards Time! Request Forum Categories Here!

Why should we have a category for rookie of the year AND dark horse rookie of the year? It's clear that you nominated this category because it's likely the only one you have a chance of winning. I mean, D-Man did the same thing, but at least his is a legitimate category that we have every year.

And Worst Original Thread? You're embarrassing yourself.

A JGlass/Mack Militant feud would be fucking hilarious.

Or possibly a giant letdown, maybe even kind of sad.

Most well rounded poster ( can hold their own inany discussion; wrestling, music, politics, movies, technology, sports, etc)

May be who is viewed as "Best Poster" but I feel as if there's a difference.

A JGlass/Mack Militant feud would be fucking hilarious.

Or possibly a giant letdown, maybe even kind of sad.

I don't want to be the one to break the news to the kid that WrestleZone is a cold, dreadful place where people make other people feel bad to make themselves feel better. I just hate when people are being so obviously, flagrantly stupid.

Most well rounded poster ( can hold their own inany discussion; wrestling, music, politics, movies, technology, sports, etc)

May be who is viewed as "Best Poster" but I feel as if there's a difference.

I think "Best Overall Poster" is pretty much the exact same thing. Actually, it IS the exact same thing.

People, do you really want to change the EOTY Awards into a competition where everyone takes home a title? I know I don't. I think we did 20 categories last year, and that was way more than enough. Quite frankly I'd rather see us trim down the categories and the amount of people in the polls and make this thing more competitive as it is.

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave (Or, How I learned to Stop Worrying and just post When I Want) Award

BTW, that was not an endorsement for me. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to reference Dr. Strangelove....

Best Poster (Wrestling/ Non-Wrestling)
Worst Poster
Poster you would like to slap
Rookie of the year
Most improved
Best Debate
Best Tournament
Best Thread
Best Feud
Funniest Poster

I don't want to be the one to break the news to the kid that WrestleZone is a cold, dreadful place where people make other people feel bad to make themselves feel better. I just hate when people are being so obviously, flagrantly stupid.

Oh, I've noticed.

You may have meant fragrantly stupid, because I make all efforts to have my bullshit accessable to the human senses from miles off. The point of the Dark Horse Rookie category was for the exact purpose you mentioned... Aside from the point of it being a joke; it being obvious enough to anyone with any common sense (Go JGlass!) that i'm vying for the purpose built award, being a rookie of little note, slowly rising in WZ forums (now doesnt THAT reek something awful).

Didnt some guy actual make a non-spam thread about the importance of wrestlers haircuts recently? If that doesnt merit an achievement in its own right, I don't know what does.

Granted, you've been here alot longer than me, making waves and taking usernames, so maybe you take this whole made-up awards ceremony a little more seriously than I do. If thats the case, I apologise. No hard feelings?

GSB, is this anything like you were hoping for?

You may have meant fragrantly stupid, because I make all efforts to have my bullshit accessable to the human senses from miles off. The point of the Dark Horse Rookie category was for the exact purpose you mentioned... Aside from the point of it being a joke; it being obvious enough to anyone with any common sense (Go JGlass!) that i'm vying for the purpose built award, being a rookie of little note, slowly rising in WZ forums (now doesnt THAT reek something awful).

Basically what I'm hearing here is that you act stupid to get noticed. Or maybe it isn't an act at all, you just ham it up to make your stupidity more noticeable. Either way, well done! Plenty of people have gotten rich off of being stupid in public (Paris Hilton, Snooki, etc.), so it seems your destined for wealth and fame! Don't blow it all in one place, big guy.

Didnt some guy actual make a non-spam thread about the importance of wrestlers haircuts recently? If that doesnt merit an achievement in its own right, I don't know what does.

Anyone can make a horribly, horribly stupid thread. Hell, remember Jackiz Kirey, the guy who made a thread about Cody Rhode's moles? Does he deserve an award?

Granted, you've been here alot longer than me, making waves and taking usernames, so maybe you take this whole made-up awards ceremony a little more seriously than I do. If thats the case, I apologise. No hard feelings?

It's not that I take these things too seriously, though I did run the EOTY awards last year so I arguably do enjoy them more than most, but it's more that I don't want to waste anyone's time more more than these things already do. Let's face it, these things are enough of a silly joke without adding all sorts of goofy ass categories.

But well played, it may be the shitty margarita I just downed on an empty stomach, but I tip my hat to you.

Basically what I'm hearing here is that you act stupid to get noticed. Or maybe it isn't an act at all, you just ham it up to make your stupidity more noticeable. Either way, well done! Plenty of people have gotten rich off of being stupid in public (Paris Hilton, Snooki, etc.), so it seems your destined for wealth and fame! Don't blow it all in one place, big guy.

More like when I act stupid, I make sure its noticable that i'm acting. But sure, thats close enough. The dark horse rookie idea was stupid, noticably and purposefully so, for the sake of providing subtle humour to anyone who pays attention to detail. You got it half right.

Anyone can make a horribly, horribly stupid thread. Hell, remember Jackiz Kirey, the guy who made a thread about Cody Rhode's moles? Does he deserve an award?

This one again comes down to humour, and the different weight we seem to put into these awards. Of course he doesnt deserve an award, thats the joke.

It's not that I take these things too seriously, though I did run the EOTY awards last year so I arguably do enjoy them more than most, but it's more that I don't want to waste anyone's time more more than these things already do. Let's face it, these things are enough of a silly joke without adding all sorts of goofy ass categories.

Agreed, and I wouldnt feel in any way saddened or surprised to see my suggestions go no further than the post i put them in. I'm only here to lighten the mood, or at the very least, my own. Follow that margharita up with a burger and lets call this one a day.

More like when I act stupid, I make sure its noticable that i'm acting. But sure, thats close enough. The dark horse rookie idea was stupid, noticably and purposefully so, for the sake of providing subtle humour to anyone who pays attention to detail. You got it half right.

When you only give people stupid, they're going to assume you're stupid. If you're comfortable enough with your intelligence level that you're willing to subject yourself to such accusations then that's fine, but judging by how you leaped to defend yourself, I reckon you're not as secure with your intelligence (or lack thereof) as say, Adam Sandler.

Agreed, and I wouldnt feel in any way saddened or surprised to see my suggestions go no further than the post i put them in. I'm only here to lighten the mood, or at the very least, my own. Follow that margharita up with a burger and lets call this one a day.

I followed it up with tortilla chips and salsa. And a Tom Collins and pretzels. There's not much to do at the air port when you're waiting for a flight.

When you only give people stupid, they're going to assume you're stupid. If you're comfortable enough with your intelligence level that you're willing to subject yourself to such accusations then that's fine, but judging by how you leaped to defend yourself, I reckon you're not as secure with your intelligence (or lack thereof) as say, Adam Sandler.

This is our first encounter, I'm sure you'd have thought differently about me had you come across me in another situation. Or perhaps glossed over me entirely.

Adam Sandler probably feels alot more secure than me, and falls asleep on his bed of money every night with a smile on his face. But i'm doing alright. I do have a nervous tremmor that comes and goes, but i'm pretty sure the reason I want to piss myself right now has more to do with the amount of water I drank rather than because of my low self esteem.

As noted earlier:
JGlass said:
WrestleZone is a cold, dreadful place where people make other people feel bad to make themselves feel better.

You certainly make a good effort. Have a good day, and a good flight JGlass.

ibgDTkTYFeXNWB.gif

Best tournament/league (excluding the massive WZ annual tournament).
Most likely to be Mod by next year's awards.

Funniest Overshare
Creepiest Poster
Fattest Poster
Most Sexually Confused Poster
Best IQ to Age ratio
Most Depressing Life
Poster most wish would return
Best Bowel Movement
Get a Life Award

Funniest Overshare
Creepiest Poster
Fattest Poster
Most Sexually Confused Poster
Best IQ to Age ratio
Most Depressing Life
Poster most wish would return
Best Bowel Movement
Get a Life Award

At least 4 of these would be mine.

Also, thanks for being one of like 5 people with decent ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back