• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is WWE burying Zack Ryder?

I'm sorry but being in multiple segments on Raw is not getting buried.

Not only multiple segments; he appears regularly on both brands. I think a better question is how a clown act like his ever got to the heights he's reached in the first place.

All the power to him for getting WWE to sit up and take notice of him; I really mean that. But his fame was surely destined to be of short duration and it can't come as a surprise that they're now using him in skits that portray him as less than heroic.

One can use a lot of terms to describe Zack Ryder and what's been done with him......but "buried" is not one I ever expected to see anyone use. Buried is for the people who get no TV time at all.

I mean......jeez.

Good theory...i see where your comming from...he is in the top story, but as a whimp for Cena to protect...like that tire changing sceen(witch was hilarious dry comedy) where Cena had to come save him.

When he's jobbing to Santino on Superstars then he's being buried. Wait that already happened. When he's being squashed in dark matches then he's being buried. Wait wait that already happened too. When he's watching his friend and former tag partner get pushed to the moon while he jobs then he's getting buried. No nope that's Hawkins.

No

Point blank and simple. He is in the top storyline on Raw. Its friggin Kane, he is supposed to be afraid. Hell, Cena even has the scared look everytime the Kane music goes off.

Buried? He's the US Champion. WWE doesnt bury champions. They take the title off people they want to bury, then bury the person.

I'll agree with you if they take the title off him.

I'm not sure this has anything to do with Ryder being buried, but can Cena find a weaker ally in Ryder? I mean, the guy's a goof. He's very talented in the ring, but if Cena really wants to be taken seriously, he shouldnt be with Ryder.

for those that are blaming Punk and Ryder for the ratings decline on the second hour...Punk has wrestled the past fortnight on the matcb leading to the end of the first hour and guess what??? Ratings at their peak yet again and falling in the second hour. It doesnt matter whose on in the second hour, ratings are falling because little kids have to go to bed, they cant stay up all night on a school night and watch Cena or Punk or whomever they cheer. The crowds are right behind Punk and Ryder and Bryan, you see this night after night at arenas. Vince always looks for sombody to blame when things are not working, maybe he should look in mthe mirroe and blame his inept storylines and shoddy booking. Whats happening wioth HHH???? Wgeres Kevin Nash???? Whose the Mystery raw General manager?? How long wil John Laurinaitios be INTERIM Raw General manager?? Is Interim indefinite is their a set date for the new GM to be introdcued???? Stupid narrowminded booking treating the true fans as idiots, while selling their product to a generation who cant stay up late and watch their heroes due to being on so late. Fucking Vince McMahion for the most part is an idiot

In my eyes ryder has gotten really lucky... and not sayin he's lucky because I dont like him but hes gotten super lucky... I dont think they have a good feud for the US title at the moment and being the he is such a huge fan favorite he was tossed into this storyline.. but I gotta be honest I think ryder is just as big as Kane if not a bigger part to this story then Kane... Ryder is gonna be the reason (more than Kane) if Cena turns heel or not.. I truly believe ryder is gonna have that big of a role in this story..

Can someone please just explain to people who start threads like this what being "Buried" when it comes to a charerter or storyline means? Ryder is not being buried. Someone who was buried is a guy like Alex Riley. Just a few months ago this guy was a rising star on Raw. Riley was in a fued with The Miz one of the top guys in the company and actually went over in their fued. Now, he wrestles sparringly on Superstars and hasn't been involved in anything worth while on Raw in months. That's someone who has been effectively "Buried" by creative. If you want to talk about the misuse of Ryder then fine, but the guy who is holding a singlestitle and is involved in the biggest storyline on the A show and also appears on SmackDown as wellno He is also one of the top sellers in merchandising is in no way shape or form being buried no matter which way you try to spin it.

OP, I understand your reasoning behind thinking that Ryder is being buried. But, by that logic so is Daniel Bryan the WHC. Is he being buried as well because he's been booked to have fluke wins, cashing in MITB, etc...? Neither person is being buried. They are both receiving a ton of airtime and are a part of the biggest storylines on their respective shows.

what the fuck? Is this a serious thread? Who gives a shit how he's being booked to win, it's how the character works. If he comes out and beats up guys like a badass, that hurts his character and makes it less believable. They're doing GREAT with him. He does an awesome job. he's booked with the top guy (basically, I guess you could argue Punk is but Cena is a lot more well known). seriously, how is this even a thread? How is this even an idea in your head?

You actually think he is being buried??

The dude is prominently featured on nearly every episode of Raw, is often paired up with the company's biggest star in John Cena, is the current US champion and is selling a shit load of merchandise.... he is far from being buried.

Look at Zack Ryder...look at Kane. Of course he is meant to be running scared. He isnt the ass-whooping face like Austin, or the super-strong face like Hogan. He is doing what I would expect him to do.

Where was he a year ago? Where is he now? I will tell you where he is now...in a much better position than he was last year...and most certainly NOT being buried!

Just because a wrestler might not be used in EXACTLY the way that YOU think he should be doesn't mean he's being buried.

Kane is and always has been an upper mid-card/main event level guy. That hasn't changed in the near 15 years Glen Jacobs has been portraying Kane in WWE. Zack Ryder was a nobody at this time a year ago and has only recently become a solidified mid-card star by winning the United States Championship. The reason that they don't seem evenly matched on the surface is because they're not supposed to be evenly matched.

Ryder isn't supposed to be on Kane's level. Ryder isn't a badass or a tough guy. Ryder's gimmick is basically that of just a fun loving party goer. It's what's gotten him over and has gotten him this far, thus far, in his career. I think people are expecting too much out of Ryder. He was heavily pushed towards becoming United States Champion and it worked. Now, things are naturally slowing down because Ryder isn't a main eventer.

This past Monday on Raw, it was announced that Ryder would face Jack Swagger on the next episode of Raw for the United States Championship. I can't remember the last time I saw a mid-card title match advertised a week before on Raw. It's something that needs to happen more often, quite frankly. Ryder has also been getting significant air time on Raw since becoming United States Champion.

This all strikes as an extremely unlikely way to bury someone.

Bury him? They're doing quite the opposite actually. He's involved in a storyline with WWE's biggest star, John Cena. Ultimately, I think Ryder will be made to look really strong and tough when he stands up to Kane, and saves John Cena. That has to be what they building it up to.

Ryder's in a story line triangle with Cena and Kane.

Kane vs Cena is to keep Cena busy and away from the WWE title until WM28. Its not good, but its different. It keeps a returning Kane busy and it keeps Cena away from the WWE Title.

Ryder could come out of this better than everyone is expecting. A feud with Kane could help Ryder in the long run. Kane is kind of a main event player, when Kane and Cena passes over Ryder could slide into a feud with Kane over the US title leading into WM28. Ryder could get the rub from a vet, and Kane could be kept busy for another few months as a monster heel.

Win-Win in my book

for those that are blaming Punk and Ryder for the ratings decline on the second hour...Punk has wrestled the past fortnight on the matcb leading to the end of the first hour and guess what??? Ratings at their peak yet again and falling in the second hour. It doesnt matter whose on in the second hour, ratings are falling because little kids have to go to bed, they cant stay up all night on a school night and watch Cena or Punk or whomever they cheer. The crowds are right behind Punk and Ryder and Bryan, you see this night after night at arenas. Vince always looks for sombody to blame when things are not working, maybe he should look in mthe mirroe and blame his inept storylines and shoddy booking. Whats happening wioth HHH???? Wgeres Kevin Nash???? Whose the Mystery raw General manager?? How long wil John Laurinaitios be INTERIM Raw General manager?? Is Interim indefinite is their a set date for the new GM to be introdcued???? Stupid narrowminded booking treating the true fans as idiots, while selling their product to a generation who cant stay up late and watch their heroes due to being on so late. Fucking Vince McMahion for the most part is an idiot

Yeah yeah, try to stay on topic though.

Ryder is not likely being buried. He hasn't even finished his push yet? He hasn't even had it long enough to even be considered for derailing. Likely you'll find the end of Raw was a lame reference to the horror genre.

Let me take it a step further though (I skipped about two pages so excuse me if someone else already made this point)... they SHOULD bury Ryder. I'm not anti-Ryder, but burying him is what got him where he is today. Yea, that sentence DOES make sense.

Unfortunately, WWE is a D student when it comes to "follow up". They're alright with getting a push going, but once a superstar wins one of the titles they have no idea how to keep it going so they just push someone else. The rest of the company is as lame as the divas division but on a larger scale.

But again, it's way too freaking early to wonder if he's fallen into bad graces. He's still a champ and he's still Cena's pal, it just sounds like you've been dwelling since Raw ended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back