Is this ok?

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
ATTENTION: Posters

Even though it isn't technically spam, because you are providing some justification for your choices ("most success", etc.) .... I am going to need more out of people other than simply saying "I think Stone Cold should be because of his successes, etc.".

Otherwise, I mine as well just copy and paste one person's comments for each and every one of you because you are all saying the same thing.

How do you specifically define "success"? What did he actually do that you felt made him successful?

Please be as specific as possible in your arguments. And any that do and go above and beyond with their quotes will get some Green Rep from me, as well as some public recognition on here.

Thank you,

Lord Sidious- WWE Forum Moderator

Posted in here to avoid a long and drawn out Sidious reply. By saying Austin is the best choice because of his successes would be non-spam wouldn't it?

Delete that post. I would. Sid is deciding the spam rules now too? What the fuck, after I rallied for him.

Missed this, edited into another poster's first post:

MODERATOR COMMENTS (Lord Sidious):

I created a note below, but I'll repeat myself up here at the top of the thread as well. Let's not keep saying "Mr. So and So should be Mr. Royal Rumble because he had a lot of success in Royal Rumbles. How do you define success?

The most eliminations?
Staying in the longest?
The quality of "big names" who the superstar eliminates?
Competed in the most Royal Rumbles?

Please be specific or your post might be deleted ... or warned/infracted.

Thank you.

Just send him a PM and tell him he doesn't get to decide the standards of posting on the forum.

I'm expecting another dramafest after this probably.

I don't see the problem with what he said. He's trying to encourage BETTER discussion in his sections. Nothing wrong with that.

You're the one who lobbied for the relaxed spam rules Sly. This is the exact opposite of that. If someone wants to pick Ric Flair because he won the WWF title in the Rumble match, that's not spam under the new rules.

You're the one who lobbied for the relaxed spam rules Sly. This is the exact opposite of that. If someone wants to pick Ric Flair because he won the WWF title in the Rumble match, that's not spam under the new rules.
Agreed, but according to the first post, he's agreeing it's not spam. That doesn't mean he can't encourage people to create better responses. As long as he's not warning/infracting for posts that are not spam, I think it's a great idea.

Encouraging better discussion is great, but he doesn't have to go beyond our rules and imply that no one gets the already established rules. I get his intentions, but I don't think this was needed at all.

Agreed, but according to the first post, he's agreeing it's not spam. That doesn't mean he can't encourage people to create better responses. As long as he's not warning/infracting for posts that are not spam, I think it's a great idea.

This. If this doesn't happen, then yeah it's not a big deal at all.

This. If this doesn't happen, then yeah it's not a big deal at all.
And if he does warn/infract for a post that isn't spam by definition, then I'm sure someone will RESPECTFULLY note that in the appropriate thread.

I see nothing wrong with a little pro-active moderation. I tried to do it when I was just a section mod a long time ago (for a brief period of time).

Yes it will be respectful. It just rubbed me the wrong way as he has for a good while now.
Aside from the honest (and understandable) mistake of thinking moderators should only be concerned with their section, what has he done?

Seems to me as if he's been doing more than his fair share of moderating in the WWE.

I'm not questioning him doing/not doing his job, but rather his I guess you would say attitude or methods about doing it. He just comes off to me (no hard evidence of this, just the impression I've always gotten from him) as someone that wants everything his way and is going to insist it's done that way.

And yes, you came off that way too, but you didn't demand things. It was far more slow and subtle about it which is the difference.

I'm not questioning him doing/not doing his job, but rather his I guess you would say attitude or methods about doing it. He just comes off to me (no hard evidence of this, just the impression I've always gotten from him) as someone that wants everything his way and is going to insist it's done that way.
:lmao:

I think this describes the majority of the Staff here. Which I think is a good thing, personally.

And yes, you came off that way too, but you didn't demand things. It was far more slow and subtle about it which is the difference.
:lol::lol:

That may be true. Sidious is a bazooka to the brain, and I'm lung cancer. One's hard and immediate, and the other is a lot more painful to have to put up with. :D

I like having things my own way? Really? I thought I went along with things pretty much all of the time.

Thanks?

Our issues were mainly over a certain member of staff being chosen over us for a certain job and for it being implied that while we were doing the majority of the work, it more or less meant nothing at all.

Our issues were mainly over a certain member of staff being chosen over us for a certain job and for it being implied that while we were doing the majority of the work, it more or less meant nothing at all.
And you argued the spam rule, and some other things.

It's not a big deal to me, personally I think it's better when people butt heads. Good things will usually come out of it.

Yeah the spam rule I still don't agree with and likely never will. However, since it was enacted I've tried to make sure to enforce it.

I'll go with this: it hasn't been the disaster that I thought it would be, but I still like the old system better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back