• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is there a scenario that DOESN'T see Bryan Wrestle twice at 'Mania?

ryanmclfc

Dark Match Jobber
Now, Given the MASSIVE announcement tonight (that most of us kinda saw coming) that Daniel Bryan is to wrestle HHH with the stipulation, that if he wins, he gets a main event spot.

Now, is there any scenario (barring injury) that see's him not wrestling twice that night?

No, I don't think so. While not explicitly, they're more or less advertising Daniel Bryan to be wrestling in the main event. Not only that, but I was certain that Daniel Bryan versus Triple H would go on to end the show - with the added stipulation it obviously can't, and while there's the slim chance that Lesnar/Undertaker could headline the show, the title match is the obvious front runner now. And without Daniel Bryan, that match can't end the show.

I'd say he's almost definitely wrestling twice - whether or not he's winning twice is a lot harder to confidently predict.

Scenario 1 - HHH gets his golden shovel out and uses his role in creative to let himself win the match

Scenario 2 - WWE use Bryan's injuries and tiredness from wrestling HHH as a way to not let him win the title match

I could think of more but it is easily possible for WWE to book Bryan not to win the title and very likely that they will do one of them but if they listened to fans they might give him it but if it is written into Batista's contract that he will win the title at Mania there is nothing Bryan fans can do especially as Batista would be the only one who would say give it to Bryan and all fans have done since he returned is boo him so he wont do that.

90% chance that Batista leaves champion, 9.9% chance Bryan does and 0.1% Orton does.

I believe the WWE either carefully calculated the response they got at the Royal Rumble to not bringing out Bryan or at least knew it was a risk and decided to take it. In either event, they probably - they should - now feel that they could not possibly risk such a reaction at WrestleMania, which comes with not only all the implications of the event itself, but upon which the future of the WWE Network depends.

By necessity, Bryan/HHH must occur near the start of the show. Almost certainly it will occur within the first two hours. That means that if Bryan were to lose, the New Orleans crowd would all but riot against anything to follow. Maybe, just maybe, Taker/Lesnar would pull them out of it and settle them down for the rest of the show, but that's way too big of a risk to take, in my opinion. I have to believe Bryan defeats HHH handily and that the triple threat main events.

It really doesn't look like it at all and I'm perfectly fine with it. We've wanted him as champion forever, now they have to deliver.

CM Punk must be feeling like such an idiot right now. He could have easily gotten that main event had he not left. But it's pretty good for Bryan fans that he'll be wrestling twice. Very few guys have had that opportunity. Yokozuna did it twice, Bret did it once... can't remember another.

CM Punk must be feeling like such an idiot right now. He could have easily gotten that main event had he not left. But it's pretty good for Bryan fans that he'll be wrestling twice. Very few guys have had that opportunity. Yokozuna did it twice, Bret did it once... can't remember another.

Do you think so? I think things would have played out very differently if CM Punk had stuck around - and it's really impossible to predict where Daniel Bryan would have landed on the card if that had happened - but, as much of a star as CM Punk is, the fans didn't want him in that title match as fiercely as they wanted Daniel Bryan to be in it for the story to play out in the same way, except with Punk in Bryan's position. If Punk was still on the roster I think we'd have just seen a fairly mundane babyface versus authority feud, and with the end of Punk's contract looming I'm not even convinced that Punk would have gone over.

I hope you all don't think that Punk is just sitting back and watching this shit. Punk has already spoken and said he'll be back at WM. How will he be back? Simple, this PPV will not have a happy ending. Punk is going to knock the pure crap out of DB when the match is over starting the Spring-Summer of Punk Part 1000000.

Yoko technically did it twice, but his second match at WrestleMania 9 was kind of nothing... As for who else did this, WrestleMania IV was a tournament. So there were a few repeat performers at that show.

As for Bryan, I can actually see a scenario where he wrestles three times. If Triple H vs Daniel Bryan goes on before the battle royal, I could see Triple H trying to stick it to Bryan by placing him in that match as well. He could sell it as a 'make-up' for not being allowed to enter The Royal Rumble. I don't see Bryan winning the battle royal in this scenario, though. I'd actually see it as an easy opportunity for Batista or Orton to attack Bryan prior to the main event. Just a thought...

I actually like justinept's idea but I'm gonna switch it up a little.

- Triple H puts Bryan in the Andre Memorial and Bryan outlasts everyone and wins. This will make people think he won't be Triple H because he's already been through a 30-man battle royal

- Triple H vs. Bryan: Fans start chanting "YES!", Triple H starts yelling at the fans. HHH turns his back on Bryan and is rolled up for the 1-2-3! (This also redeems Bryan for losing in the same way at a previous WrestleMania)

- Bryan wins title. (Only choice is for him to pins Orton because Botchtista won't take a pin) 80,000 fans chant "YES!" and everyone goes home happy. Plus, it still looks like an unbelievable task without killing Bryan physically.

This match has to happen me thinks in the first hour of WM!! There is no scenario in which HHH beats Daniel Bryan,if that happened then WM would be in danger of rioting.. The yes movement is a force and wont be ignored.. Then Daniel goes to win the WWE WHC later on that night... Its going to happen,and I look forward to it.. As far as CM Punk goes,im sure he is happy for DB..

If he didnt make it,i would at least like to think Punk is happy that DB could be in the ME of WM,which Punk should have done so already.. But thats another topic! DB goes on to defeat HHH,then later on captures the WWE WHC!

Look, it's been crystal clear since before the Royal Rumble that Bryan was going to win the title at WrestleMania and it was just a matter of who he beat - and it was clearly going to be a triple threat as soon as Orton beat Cena, since the only two possibilities were Cena vs. Bryan and Orton vs. Batista vs. Bryan.

So is there any way the Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan match gets cancelled? I can't see it. Would they go back to their original plan of Triple H vs. CM Punk if Punk came back? I guess it's possible. But that's the only way he doesn't wrestle twice, is if the Triple H match doesn't happen for some reason. There's no way in hell he doesn't end up in the title match somehow. Anybody who thinks Triple H would want to beat Bryan even if he did have the creative pull is an idiot, even moreso than anybody who thinks they would guarantee Batista the title in his contract.

Also, as far as who else has wrestled two matches at one Mania, if you're counting Yokozuna twice, you're including his second match at WM IX even though it lasted like 30 seconds, which means Hulk Hogan technically had two matches that day as well. So there's definitely a precedent for somebody wrestling two matches at Mania, even if it hasn't happened in awhile. Like somebody else said, they just might throw Daniel Bryan into the battle royal and give him three matches. Randy Savage is the only one to do that at WrestleMania. And I think Triple H, at No Mercy 2007(when Cena got hurt the week before the show and everything had to be reworked), is the only one to have three matches at any PPV outside of a tournament.

I don't see it happening. It's less than a month until Wrestlemania, seems like they're trying to solidify their storylines.

Even if Punk returned, I don't think it would change Bryan's odds.

I'm a huge Randy Orton mark. I've been very happy with his title reign and how the authority has tried to stack the odds against him, yet he pulls out the W every time. Orton's great as a heel. The best Face in the company is DB. Ever since Cena chose Bryan to give the title shot at SummerSlam we've all been invested in Daniel Bryan. Bryan is the MOST over guy in the company it's HIS TIME. I don't think Orton gets pinned at WM. I think he RKO's Batista, then either gets thrown out of the ring by DB or gets Batista bombed and rolls outside the ring while DB defeats a distracted Batista with the Knee+. The HHH/DB match will be a Match of The Year candidate. Both guys will deliver and help set the tone for the WM Main Event.

Daniel Bryan has wrestled 2 matches and several gauntlet matches on Raw a ton since SummerSlam so I think the plan for him to wrestle 2 matches at Wrestlemania was always atleast one of the many directions they wrote for Wrestlemania in the last 6 months.

Yes there are many

1. CM Punk returns and turns on Bryan

2. IF the match if after undertaker than Paul comes to ringside and watches as everyone thinks he's there for Bryan and he ends up costing Bryan the match and raises Batista hand and Batista is the new "Paul guy" while Lesner vanishes for a while.

3. HHH beats Bryan but cheats to do it - Monday Vince McMahon shows up and makes it right by putting Bryan in a championship match at the next PPV setting up a power struggle again between HHH and Vince

Or how about:

Bryan wrestles HHH for say 10 minutes, or wherever is along the line of Bryan being comfortable and not wearing down in real life. HHH then pulls some shady moves and is seemingly about to bury/screw Bryan. Punk's music hits, HHH is distracted. Bryan either takes the win there by knee or roll up, or Punk comes flying out of the crowd from behind commentary and nullifies HHH's screwjob i.e. takes out the dodgy 3rd party a la John Cena on John Laurinitus at MitB 2011.

This lets Bryan take the victory and move onto the main event, doesn't make HHH look too weak, brings CM Punk back into relevance and sets up a feud between HHH and Punk, which could lead to HHH vs Punk at Extreme Rules in whatever match, Punk wins. HHH gets a rematch at Payback in Rosemont, IL (essentially a Punk home crowd) in a loser leaves town match. HHH wins, meaning he gets serious heat, Punk gets to say goodbye in his hometown, and thats the end of Punk's contract all tied up nicely.

Realistically? I doubt it because putting Daniel Bryan into the WWE WHC is the only way to keep fans from hijacking it. Not only that but, depending on where exactly Bryan vs. Triple H is set on the card, there's a distinct possibility of fans shitting all over the rest of the card if Bryan doesn't beat Trips. Fans WANT to see Daniel Bryan in the title match and there's a real shot of that happening, so for it NOT to happen would probably only serve to make them even more disappointed/angry at WrestleMania XXX.

Sure, WWE could decide to put Trips over but fans would consider that a big middle finger right to their collective face. In retaliation, as I said, they'd very likely shit all over the rest of the card, especially the title match itself. That's why I see very, very little chance of that happening; if they go that route, they'd have been much better off leaving out the stipulation in the first place. Not putting Bryan in the title match will only piss off the fans even more.

Realistically? I doubt it because putting Daniel Bryan into the WWE WHC is the only way to keep fans from hijacking it. Not only that but, depending on where exactly Bryan vs. Triple H is set on the card, there's a distinct possibility of fans shitting all over the rest of the card if Bryan doesn't beat Trips. Fans WANT to see Daniel Bryan in the title match and there's a real shot of that happening, so for it NOT to happen would probably only serve to make them even more disappointed/angry at WrestleMania XXX.

Sure, WWE could decide to put Trips over but fans would consider that a big middle finger right to their collective face. In retaliation, as I said, they'd very likely shit all over the rest of the card, especially the title match itself. That's why I see very, very little chance of that happening; if they go that route, they'd have been much better off leaving out the stipulation in the first place. Not putting Bryan in the title match will only piss off the fans even more.

I 100% agree with you, and I want Bryan to be in the main event and win it, BUT if HHH were to beat Bryan, clean or dusty, I cannot remember a bigger heel move in WWE (I'm sure there's one, but none I can remember). I think it would be great to see if WWE have the balls to not have Bryan win.

I 100% agree with you, and I want Bryan to be in the main event and win it, BUT if HHH were to beat Bryan, clean or dusty, I cannot remember a bigger heel move in WWE (I'm sure there's one, but none I can remember). I think it would be great to see if WWE have the balls to not have Bryan win.

That's not a 'heel' move, though, because it won't generate heat provided within the context of a story. It's heat that would be provided through the context of reality and could risk alienating too many people. The idea of getting heat is making yourself so hated that people are willing to pay to see the hero kick your ass. Doing this won't make people pay to see Triple H get his ass kicked - doing this would make people want to see Paul Levesque get his ass kicked. There's a big difference because it's not heat the WWE can control or, more importantly, profit from.

Additionally, doing this would effectively turn the real-life WWE decision makers into the heels. The fans would act accordingly, and they'd shit all over the entire product because - in their eyes - the product would be the work of heels. The only reason I can see someone wanting to see the WWE have the 'balls' to book a Triple H win at WrestleMania is because they want to see a good train wreck. Believe me, that's exactly what you'd get if it were to happen.

Here's the thing about the main event of Wrestlemania. It almost HAS to have an over babyface in it, and the fans have unanimously rejected Batista as being qualified to fill that role.

Daniel Bryan doesn't need to face HHH at Wrestlemania. They could have just had Daniel Bryan face HHH at Raw for the right to be in the main event of Wrestlemania and settle it that way. Daniel Bryan has been pushed as a guy who doesn't lose steam through multiple matches, he could have lost in the first of any of his past gauntlet matches but he never has.

If Daniel Bryan loses to HHH, it blows the main event of Wrestlemania. You don't tease Daniel Bryan's inclusion in the main event without making it happen, the main event needs Daniel Bryan and his match with HHH is an attempt to further validate that.

I really don't think that there's a valid scenario where Daniel Bryan is out of the main event. Not that I think it's impossible for the WWE, or unheard of in the history of the WWE, to pull a move that fucking stupid. I think that it'll be the Royal Rumble all over again times ten if they renege on what is apparently their advertising that fans of Daniel Bryan will get to see him in the main event.

i honestly dont see any way that the WWE would be insane enough to NOT put bryan into the main event...If bryan is to lose to HHH imagine how many NO chants are going tobe happening.... they will litteraly take over the show. If he wins and they use the excuse that Bryan is to injured from his match with HHH to keep Bryan out of the main event once again the NO chants will hijack the show. If they use Bryan being attacked after his match with HHH once again NO will hijack the show... I see Bryan being in the main even but see Batista walking out with the title... at the veryleast ortan will not retain

That's not a 'heel' move, though, because it won't generate heat provided within the context of a story. It's heat that would be provided through the context of reality and could risk alienating too many people. The idea of getting heat is making yourself so hated that people are willing to pay to see the hero kick your ass. Doing this won't make people pay to see Triple H get his ass kicked - doing this would make people want to see Paul Levesque get his ass kicked. There's a big difference because it's not heat the WWE can control or, more importantly, profit from.

Additionally, doing this would effectively turn the real-life WWE decision makers into the heels. The fans would act accordingly, and they'd shit all over the entire product because - in their eyes - the product would be the work of heels. The only reason I can see someone wanting to see the WWE have the 'balls' to book a Triple H win at WrestleMania is because they want to see a good train wreck. Believe me, that's exactly what you'd get if it were to happen.

I understand where you are coming from. Firstly, let me say I agree that Bryan should beat HHH and win the main event at WM30. However to your point, if HHH beat Bryan clean then yes, the fans would shit over the main event and that is Paul Levesque garnering heat, not HH.

If HHH beats Bryan "dusty" then I personally think that is HHH getting heat. By dusty I mean pulling out the sledgehammer when the ref is down, or using a low blow, NOT having Kane or someone run out for the tedious interference.

The issue is the lines are now too blurred and the smart marks, which I am probably one of but not in this case, would put heat on Paul Levesque and not HHH.

A historical example (apologies for lack of exact details) was when Bill Dundee beat Jerry Lawler in a loser leaves town match in Memphis. Back then the fans didn't just shit over the product because Lawler had lost and had to leave Memphis (however briefly), they just disliked Dundee even more so. We as the IWC, smarks, whatever you want to call us all clamour for "the good old days" yet if WWE put out a storyline like I mentioned above, we just move the goal posts. I'm not saying we all flip a switch and believe it is real, like they did back then, but if we really are that "smart" then at least keep our mouths shut and not chastise WWE for doing something we asked them to do. I'm not saying we've asked WWE to screw Bryan over, but it's not hard to imagine the IWC complaining about most things unless we have blood, technical wrestling, tables, and our favourites winning all the time.

I personally do not like the John Cena character, but I understand why he is in the position he is in. I am a huge CM Punk fan, but rather than bitching "he walked out" I can see how he is frustrated and tired. I never once like Ryback, but he was over with others at his high point so I didn't incessantly bitch, which might seem like what I am doing right now.

My point is enjoy the aspects of wrestling you enjoy, stop complaining about everything else, or simply stop watching the product or go watch something else.

I think it's pretty obvious that they wouldn't have added the stipulation if Bryan wasn't going to win and go on to wrestle in the main event.

This is a very smart move though, because even though it's pretty obvious what the outcome of the match is... I think EVERYONE will not only still be interested, but actually be glued to the TV to watch Bryan beat HHH (especially if HHH taps like at XX).

From there, I think the main event is still in question. They can go two ways:

1. Bryan overcomes all and wins the WWE Championship - a very feel good moment to close WMXXX, just like at XX and at X. This is the traditional ending to any 'Mania, but especially the big milestone ones.

2. Bryan comes up short and Batista wins the WWE Championship - despite Bryan beating HHH, Batista still gets his planned championship win and his massive heel push. We know they want to push Batista and this was the original plan, so it may still happen. The downside is that it will end the show on a sour note. The upside is that it immediately sets up the next feud between Batista/Bryan the next night on RAW.

Yoko technically did it twice, but his second match at WrestleMania 9 was kind of nothing... As for who else did this, WrestleMania IV was a tournament. So there were a few repeat performers at that show.

Wow, I can't believe I forgot WM4 for a moment there. I guess this would be the full list:

WrestleMania IV:
• Randy Savage (4 matches)
• Ted DiBiase (3 matches)
• One Man Gang (2 matches)
• Greg Valentine (2 matches)
• Don Muraco (2 matches)

WrestleMania IX:
• Hulk Hogan (1 tag team match and a WWF title match)
• Yokozuna (2 straight WWF title matches)

WrestleMania X:
• Bret Hart (opening match and WWF title main event)
• Yokozuna (2 WWF title matches)

WrestleMania 24:
• Kane (Pre-Show Battle Royal and ECW title match)

WrestleMania 27 dark matches:
• Daniel Bryan
• Sheamus
(Both wrestled to a draw and then wrestled in a battle royal.)

TBD WrestleMania 30:
• Daniel Bryan (Only if he beats Triple H, which is very likely at this point)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back