• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Piracy killing the film industry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piracy is a problem for the success of smaller movies. There is no doubt about that. If a movie didn't do well in theaters, there would still be enough people to buy the DVD.

People still watch in theaters. Piracy, in no way, stops people from going to see the next big thing on friday night. Ya got to take your date somewhere right? So piracy hasn't hurt any of the big movies. The Dark Knight and Avatar won't complain.
It's the lesser success stories that aren't doing good. Movies that didn't make number 1. If people didn't pay to watch it in the theater, why would I pay to watch it at home?

But all in all Piracy isn't much of a threat to that industry. Money is still being made. Point black. Piracy is just a minor annoyance for them.

If a movie is a good movie, even from a small company the word will get out and people will pay to see it and they will buy the dvd when it comes out....

I'd watch a movie for free until I'm tired of having the poser copy and then I go out and I get the real deal, cause nothing beats a hard copy with awesome commentary.....

For me it would just be something to tithe me over until I get the real thing...cause I'm one of those I want it now people...

My friend gave me a long time ago a copy of Devils Rejects when it was still playing and I watched it like a hundred times....first day It came out on dvd I bought it and threw that crappy bootleg away...

I think if the movie is worth watching, people will pick up on it and it will make an impact....I think smaller company's use that for an excuse cause it sounds better then 'our movies suck'

crappy movies are made ALL the time, so yes the business itself is partly to blame, at the same time, people working behind the scenes on any number of things are jus doing their jobs and trying to earn a paycheck, so it's a complicated question with an even more complicated answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back