Is one Elimination Chamber match enough?

ryder123

Edgeheadsince99
I've just finished watching WWE Iron Will or if your American, WWE Satan's Prison. It is a collection of all the Elimination Chamber matches up until 2011. I noticed the massive change in WWE's product since the first Chamber match in 2002 right up until 2011.

Over the years Elimination Chamber went from being a Once a year match until No Way Out 2008 when Two Chamber matches filled the card for either the WWE Championship, World Heavywieght Championship or on some occasions it was held to decide a #1 Contender for Wrestlemania. Since its beginning 47 WWE Superstars entered the structure and tried to outlast 5 other guys. The Match itself is indeed Satans Prision with the Steel floor, Squares of Chain and the bulletproof Glass/plastic.

Last year WWE held one Chamber match for the #1 Contendership for Del Rio at Wrestlemania that year. Jack Swagger took the victory. Also on that same card was The Rock vs. CM Punk and a 6 Man Tag Team Match, The Shield vs. John Cena, Sheamus and Ryback. That match right there (in my mind) should have been in the Chamber. Its the same this year, No doubt the Chamber match this year will be great with the likes of Randy Orton, John Cena and Daniel Bryan. Also on the Card is The Wyatt Family vs. The Shield. Again i think that this match should be contested in The Chamber. We have yet to see a Tag Team Chamber match and although some say it would not work, I think it would make for some great action. Imagine if last year, John Cena started the match with Dean Ambrose, maybe by random drawing the next two pods that open are Rollins and Reigns, then we have a 3 on 1 Handicap, much like a tag team match, we wait desperately for that hot tag.

Maybe there isn't enough bad blood in these fueds to put them in the Chamber. I focused alot here on Tag Team Chambers when my question is, Is One Elimination Chamber enough? I'm Yes and No depending on what else fills the card. Recently I've noticed WWE tend to put on only one Pay Per View feature match, like TLC Last year, we only got one TLC match and I know it was an important night considering the Titles were to be unified.

I do think two Chamber matches should occur, One to Open the night and one to close. At the time it was great but I do think having one Championship will take away that extra feature match at events. What do you guys think? One or Two Chamber matches a year?

One is enough for two reasons.

1) It's a special attraction match that feels more special when it stands alone. There's only Royal Rumble a year. From now on there should be only one Money in the Bank a year as well. That's all you need. One a year, let alone one on the PPV itself. You don't want to water down a good thing like other companies tend to do with gimmick matches.

2) It's a dangerous match. It's risky enough putting six guys in there who you're likely counting on for Wrestlemania. There's no sense making that 12.

Also, I don't like the concept of teams in an Elimination Chamber match. The match is designed to have one true winner, so all you'd be doing is watering down the concept. It would be like adding pinfalls to the Royal Rumble. Completely unnecessary.

I've just finished watching WWE Iron Will or if your American, WWE Satan's Prison. It is a collection of all the Elimination Chamber matches up until 2011. I noticed the massive change in WWE's product since the first Chamber match in 2002 right up until 2011.

Over the years Elimination Chamber went from being a Once a year match until No Way Out 2008 when Two Chamber matches filled the card for either the WWE Championship, World Heavywieght Championship or on some occasions it was held to decide a #1 Contender for Wrestlemania. Since its beginning 47 WWE Superstars entered the structure and tried to outlast 5 other guys. The Match itself is indeed Satans Prision with the Steel floor, Squares of Chain and the bulletproof Glass/plastic.

Last year WWE held one Chamber match for the #1 Contendership for Del Rio at Wrestlemania that year. Jack Swagger took the victory. Also on that same card was The Rock vs. CM Punk and a 6 Man Tag Team Match, The Shield vs. John Cena, Sheamus and Ryback. That match right there (in my mind) should have been in the Chamber. Its the same this year, No doubt the Chamber match this year will be great with the likes of Randy Orton, John Cena and Daniel Bryan. Also on the Card is The Wyatt Family vs. The Shield. Again i think that this match should be contested in The Chamber. We have yet to see a Tag Team Chamber match and although some say it would not work, I think it would make for some great action. Imagine if last year, John Cena started the match with Dean Ambrose, maybe by random drawing the next two pods that open are Rollins and Reigns, then we have a 3 on 1 Handicap, much like a tag team match, we wait desperately for that hot tag.

Maybe there isn't enough bad blood in these fueds to put them in the Chamber. I focused alot here on Tag Team Chambers when my question is, Is One Elimination Chamber enough? I'm Yes and No depending on what else fills the card. Recently I've noticed WWE tend to put on only one Pay Per View feature match, like TLC Last year, we only got one TLC match and I know it was an important night considering the Titles were to be unified.

I do think two Chamber matches should occur, One to Open the night and one to close. At the time it was great but I do think having one Championship will take away that extra feature match at events. What do you guys think? One or Two Chamber matches a year?

On the last few wrestling video games, there has been a match called "6-Man Tornado Tag-Team Elimination Chamber Match", where you can have two sets of 6-man teams fight in an Elimination Chamber, with one person being added from each team, every time the door opens. So, you get one-on-one, one-on-two, etc.

Yet this style of Elimination Chamber has never been done at an actual WWE PPV.

So, why don't the 'E book the Shield versus the Wyatt Family inside an Elimination Chamber. The Shield could do an Elimination Chamber well, and the Chamber and the horrors of it are right up the Wyatts' alley. It would make an awesome match.

one chamber is enough for this year. They may change the ppv name and put no way out as the ppv name. Wwe will remove all gimmick ppv names.

Elimination chamber before wrestlemania is not a logic ppv instead they just put a normal ppv or tournament type ppv.

KOTR is best ppv in feb. Bring a new king to wm is good.

At royal rumble they decide the #1 contender for main event. But at ec they give chance to 5 contenders to main event wm. Then why they have rumble match.

One Elimination Chamber match is enough if it is done at a PPV which is not named after the match itself. Elimination Chamber PPV should have atleast 2 Elimination Chamber matches. Same with TLC. This year on TLC there was only one TLC match and the rest were normal matches. No Tables match or Chairs match, nothing. Or WWE should just change the name of the PPVs which are named after gimmick matches. It just make it more predictable and only one gimmick match on a PPV named after that gimmick is not enough.

No problem with only having one EC match. Felt as though the #1 contender match took away some of the prestige from the Rumble as it was the one night where anyone could get a title shot.

The Elimination Chamber was originally just one match. It's a huge concept. There shouldn't have to be more than one. There shouldn't have to be more than once Chamber, Hell in a Cell, cage match, TLC, or whatever. If the show is booked correctly, they don't need to ****e out a gimmick just for cheap buyrates.

Generally speaking, yeah, probably. When WWE has ran two of the titled gimmick matches at the ppv, whether it's Elimination Chamber, Money in the Bank, Hell in a Cell, etc. one of the gimmick matches has almost always been much better than the other. Or, at least, that seems to be the consensus. On the boards, most fans will rave about one EC match while saying the other one was merely okay or pretty good.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if WWE continued with having two gimmick matches on the card. For the past several years, the WHC was unofficially viewed by many as the new upper mid-card title, so I fail to see how they couldn't have a mid-card title EC match be every bit as good as past WHC EC matches. Personally, I'd like to see an EC match for the Intercontinental Championship or an IC title MITB match.

Usually I'd definitely be on the side of only having one, I hate the HIAC PPV and I think the random use of gimmick matches without meaning has killed a lot of the excitement and mystique surrounding them....but dammit if I don't want to see them put the Wyatt's and The Shield in a Chamber!

Yep, one's enough. Just how how HiAC would be enough at that PPV.
Just because it's called Elimination Chamber doesn't mean that you have to have 2 of them, or 3 even. One is enough & it means you don't have to spend all of the 2nd chamber match comparing it to the first one that happened.
Also, it means that just having the one, makes it feel kinda special on the night. The fact we have only one championship now as well, just gives it that kind of great feeling. This one actually has the potential to be the best Chamber match ever, if they work it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back