Is John Morrison Being Wasted Right Now?

He is not in the least bit being wasted at all. Morrison's career has a nice build to it. The WWE hasn't forced him down any of throats. His ECW title reign was a breath of fresh air. During that time was a change in his character which is one half of the best tag team on telelvision today. I like the direction his character is right now, and I think his career has plenty of time to grow.

I agree with you, he started out in early 2004 and was built up and remolded in 2005 with MNM.. the John Morrison persona IMO wasn't that much of a change from his MNM persona apart from the name change..

I don't see how his singles career will be affected by his tag team career.. in all honesty he's proved he can handle the singles career fine (IC and ECW titles) and good feuds with Jeff Hardy and CM Punk..

BUT lets face it in WWE at the moment their is far to much singles competition and little tag, Morrison and Miz are probably making the most of this and when the tag divisions bolster an dthe time is right I can see both Morrison and Miz doing well in the singles division.. tho IMO Morrison has the bright future IMO at the moment when that happens.

I also dont think morrison is being wasted.if he was being wasted he would not hold any title and he wouldnt appear on every other brand on a weekly basis.right now he is not being pushed into the main event because well its already to crowded.i think when the undertaker or hbk or maybe even kane decide to hang up their boots,then thats when john morrison will start getting the push,but for now he doesnt need to be a main eventer.he has good in-ring skills and he is pretty good on the mic,so for now he should be happy at where he is because sooner or later he will be headlining ppvs.

as far as the guys in ring ability, he's not being wasted! i just wish (ive said this before and will keep saying it) that the wwe would drop his 'rockstar ego' character! as much as he's good in the ring, i just cant take him seriously enough and its a damn shame cuz his in ring talent is awesome! as for being teamed with the miz, i dnt know! i think weve got another year of miz n morrison AND then hopefully morrisons potential will be realised!

I agree with pretty much everyone here, he's definately not being wasted.

He's currently in the biggest heel tag team in the company and holding the world tag team title. Ok, that's not saying much, but it's definately something!
And Edge, Christian and the Hardys show us how beneficial being in a very successful tag team can be for the future of your career.
It can sometimes be more beneficial than being on your own in the midcard, simply because it can pretty much guarentee you a future feud with your tag team partner, which is more often than not (assuming the team are talented in the ring) a good feud. If two guys have great chemistry as friends, than that will probably have good chemistry.

So Morrison being the more talented one in a successful tag team is a great place for him to be right now, in a few years he could be the next Edge.

as far as the guys in ring ability, he's not being wasted! i just wish (ive said this before and will keep saying it) that the wwe would drop his 'rockstar ego' character! as much as he's good in the ring, i just cant take him seriously enough and its a damn shame cuz his in ring talent is awesome! as for being teamed with the miz, i dnt know! i think weve got another year of miz n morrison AND then hopefully morrisons potential will be realised!
i agree they do need to drop his gimmick,give him something more serious that looks like wow this guy really is a main eventer.i hate it when he is doing all the poses and using all that glitter,i think it doesnt make him look like a legit main eventer.

if his having this gmmick when he is going up against main eventers for world title then no one is going to take him serious enough to believe that he will actually win a world title.also if he is holding a world title it doesnt make him look like a legit champion instead it makes him look like a trasitional champion.

I agree he is not exactly being wasted. I am a huge morrison fan, but he is not being wasted. I say he is a little under utilized as far as singles talent goes, but Miz and Morrison are by far the best tag team in all of wrestling. So my vote goes to a third category as under utilized.

I wouldn't go as far as saying he's being wasted, but the growth of his career is definitely being stunted by being a tag wrestler.

I like Miz and Morrison as a tag team, and if they stick together, they could go down as the best of this era. They have the look and the charisma of great heels, and they have enough ability to put on a great match with anyone the WWE throws at them.

However, if/when they split, he could go on to become one of the best singles wrestlers of this era. Which, is a bigger accomplishment, given that there aren't many tag teams to compete against right now that are of championship quality. The feud that would result from the split would be great television, and would push both up the ladder really quick. Morrison could then face off against anyone on any show, as he can play the fantastic heel, or the babyface that everyone loves. There's practically nothing but new feuds for him, and reigns as the IC or US champ would help set him back up for a run at one of the major titles.

I agree Morrison has a ton of talent in the ring and on the mic, but if you split them up now you would be burying the Miz. He needs Morrison right now to help elevate his game and climb the ladder in the WWE. Like most people have said, they are the ONLY good tag team right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back