• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is It Wrong For Young People To Experiment With Drugs?

SavageTaker

Everybody Has A Price!
As a young person myself, I do think it’s ok to experiment with certain drugs. I believe in people trying anything they want at least once in their life if they feel comfortable with it. As long as experimenting with drugs doesn’t lead to any problems with the person such as them being extremely addicted to them, then I don’t find it wrong.

However, I think there are certain drugs that not only young people, but everyone, shouldn’t mess with. Those drugs would be drugs that have mostly negative effects on people’s lives. For example, I’ve heard more bad than good things about Meth so that actually encourages me not to want to try it. Also, drugs that people can be quickly addicted to and are bad for you are drugs that I don’t think anyone should experiment with.

Overall, I think it’s wrong and ok to experiment with certain drugs; it all depends on which one a person decides to use. What are your thoughts?

I think it depends. I dont see a problem with smoking weed its the safest drug you can try. Its when you start to experiment with stuff that can be deadly or highly addicting that I have a problem with it. Both me and a friend of mine have found ourselves hooked on pills. Its a such a dangerous thing because you dont realize you have a problem. You carru the I can quit whenever I want mentality but in reality you cant. Which is why I try to keep it green its the only drug Ive found that I dont have a negative thing to say about (except that it isnt legal yet. Seriously wtf?!) So Id say I wouldnt have a problem with someone trying weed or alcohol if they drink responsibly and arent just trying to get trashed. Beyond that I would have a problem with a young person experimenting with drugs because it can lead them down a path of destruction and despair

Well, as far as I'm concerned, what you put into your body is your own business as long as you're not making trouble for other people. But, in general, I'm pretty much against it because I've been in a unique position to encounter a large number of people whose lives have been wrecked by drugs.

I'm a Corrections Officer and, off the top of my head, I'd say roughly two thirds of the inmates housed in the facility where I work are there due to drugs, either in trafficking or using or a combination of both. Virtually all of the ones that've had drug problems have been those that say that they just want to experiment or try something new. Now, of course, that doesn't mean that everyone that experiments is going to develop a problem. I also know that if I play Russian Roulette with a .45 Caliber revolver, I've only got a 1 in 6 chance of blowing my brains out, but I don't need thrills quite that badly.

Some people develop addictions to drugs due to genetics and biochemical reasons, some to escape their problems, some to deal with stress, some just to experiment and see what it's like. I dunno, personally, I just think that there are better and more productive things that could be done with your time.

I guess another reason why I'm not in favor of it generally is because those that do wind up developing problems wind up causing chaos in the lives of other people. Some inmates I know are there because they were arrested trying to rob people's houses for money or for objects to pawn so that they can get their next fix. Some have been arrested for muggings. A few inmates were transported to the prison a few months back for repeatedly assaulting and robbing prostitutes for money so they could get high.

I've just seen too many people's lives fucked up and too many others become part of the collateral damage to really just endorse anyone of any age experimenting. Because, in its own way, it is like Russian Roulette just as drunk driving is.

While I don't personally support the usage of drugs, or experimenting with it, I can't speak for everybody, it's really all of a personal choice for the person who decides to start drinking, decides to start smoking, or abusing drugs, anything that a person does is their own choice in life.

If it was me, I wouldn't go as far as to even consider experimenting with drugs because while I haven't tried them, the stories that you hear about drugs, is more than enough to keep me away from anything that can harm my body in terms of health or for the sake of "escaping reality".

People make bad and good choices in life, from my perspective I think choosing to experiment with drugs is a bad choice in life, but again, it's my duty, or my right to tell anybody what to do, if someone decides "hey, I think I'll smoke some weed" "I think I'll sniff some heroine" etc. it's all about them, and not about what I think.

ST, my first question is - Are you on Crack? Your opening post read like a back and forth conversation with a split personality. So, you're okay with people trying drugs, but not the bad ones. Yet you think if a person feels comfortable with doing it, they should, yet only if they know not to get addicted. :wtf:

No. Bottomline, no. There is no correct "yes" answer to this question.

Drugs that are illegal, are illegal for a reason. And I don't care if you, as a "young person" believe you should have the right to try them. Those who've lived a longer life than you have outlawed and made specific drugs illegal, once again, for a very valuable reason. Respect your elders, and understand to trust in them.

You don't see people going around saying "Well, I get that Slavary was considered a bad thing back in the day, but I really liked the concept of the idea and think we should give it a second chance."

Anyone who tries to give me that load of garbage on how "Elders tried it, so we should be able to as well." needs to grow up, and understand just because they did something, doesn't mean everyone has to follow in suit. Its the old "If someone jumped off a bridge, would you jump too?" situation.

The only type of drug use I would ever accept is by doctor's trying to figure out if by mixing them, they can create some new cure for some different disease. Thats it. Never would I say someone, especially young people, should try and experiment with drug use "as long as they know not to get addicted to the bad ones."

ST, my first question is - Are you on Crack? Your opening post read like a back and forth conversation with a split personality. So, you're okay with people trying drugs, but not the bad ones. Yet you think if a person feels comfortable with doing it, they should, yet only if they know not to get addicted. :wtf:
No sir, I am not on crack. Yes, I am ok with people trying out certain drugs…not drugs like Meth because according to things I’ve read, they’ll fuck you up. And yes, I do think if a person feels comfortable with trying a certain drug then they should. I know it sounds a bit confusing so let me try to elaborate.

If I was in a position where I was offered something like meth or heroine then I wouldn’t even consider using those drugs because I know that they are bad for me and worse than drugs such as marijuana. Even I felt comfortable using meth or heroine, I wouldn’t do them. However, if someone else is in that position and if they want to do a drug that’s bad for them then I am no one to stop them. If that’s what they want to do then it’s their decision, not mine. I hope that makes you understand what I was trying to say.

Drugs that are illegal, are illegal for a reason. And I don't care if you, as a "young person" believe you should have the right to try them. Those who've lived a longer life than you have outlawed and made specific drugs illegal, once again, for a very valuable reason. Respect your elders, and understand to trust in them.
And what exactly is that reason that you haven’t even bothered to state?

You don't see people going around saying "Well, I get that Slavary was considered a bad thing back in the day, but I really liked the concept of the idea and think we should give it a second chance."
Are you really comparing slavery to using drugs? Really? Honestly, that’s just absurd. Slavery was a bad thing and had no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I’m no expert on drug usage but I’m pretty sure that just experimenting with certain drugs isn’t as bad as slavery was.

No sir, I am not on crack. Yes, I am ok with people trying out certain drugs…not drugs like Meth because according to things I’ve read, they’ll fuck you up. And yes, I do think if a person feels comfortable with trying a certain drug then they should. I know it sounds a bit confusing so let me try to elaborate.

If I was in a position where I was offered something like meth or heroine then I wouldn’t even consider using those drugs because I know that they are bad for me and worse than drugs such as marijuana. Even I felt comfortable using meth or heroine, I wouldn’t do them. However, if someone else is in that position and if they want to do a drug that’s bad for them then I am no one to stop them. If that’s what they want to do then it’s their decision, not mine. I hope that makes you understand what I was trying to say.

Yes, it makes me come the understand that you aren't any type of real friend to anyone. If you believe something is bad, and you see a friend of yours wanting to try it - knowing its bad - you need to stop them, and explain why they're being stupid. Not willingly allow them to go forth with it, because "its their life". I get the whole "its their life, not mine" thing. But if a friend of yours was about to commit suicide, would you stand by and say that? I'd hope not. NO, you'd likely jump in and stop them.

Drugs can kill you. I don't know if you're fully aware of that fact or not. Trying Heroine, Cocaine, Meth, Crack, whatever you wanna call anything out there - all of that shit can kill you. Even if you simply try it once. As a friend, its your requirement to STOP your friends around you, from being fucking ******ed.

And what exactly is that reason that you haven’t even bothered to state?

Do I look like the Government? Did I write the book on why illegal drugs are illegal? NO. I'm just not being ignorant and foolish enough to think whoever did decide they should be illegal, did it out of wrongful doing.

Again, they are illegal for a reason. What reason? I don't know. I don't do drugs. Nor have I ever had the split second thought of doing them. I just heard they were bad for you, and illegal, and took it at whole sale.

Now, had someone from the Government said "Drugs aren't bad, they're good. Then maybe I'd try them and make a better personal assessment. However, because no one is going to come on public/national television and say that - I know they're bad, and illegal, for a proper and in all likelihood - very good reason.

Are you really comparing slavery to using drugs? Really? Honestly, that’s just absurd. Slavery was a bad thing and had no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I’m no expert on drug usage but I’m pretty sure that just experimenting with certain drugs isn’t as bad as slavery was.

LIAR! Slavary was what many in today's world call "farming". The only difference is, today we do it because we want to. Not against are will.

Seriously though, I'm not for slavary - but paired up against drugs, slavary at least had a better reasoning behind it than drug use.

Slavary was put forth to bring together a group of people to do hard labor for their Owners. (its like a job, without being paid) You're given an objective, shown where to do it, how to do it, and sent to it. Pretty straight forward and with purpose.

On the flip side, we have drug use. How is this beneficial to anything? Lets say you try a drug - meth - and you enjoy it. Where's the benefit? Slavary at least accomplished many things. Trying drugs does nothing but harms your body, and deludes your mind.

Yes, it makes me come the understand that you aren't any type of real friend to anyone. If you believe something is bad, and you see a friend of yours wanting to try it - knowing its bad - you need to stop them, and explain why they're being stupid. Not willingly allow them to go forth with it, because "its their life". I get the whole "its their life, not mine" thing. But if a friend of yours was about to commit suicide, would you stand by and say that? I'd hope not. NO, you'd likely jump in and stop them.

Don’t come in here and assume things now. I never said if a friend of mine wanted to do something bad then I wouldn’t stop them. Of course I would and I would expect for them to do the same for me. However, if it’s someone I had no connection with whatsoever then it’s completely different. I’m not going to go up to a stranger and tell them to stop doing whatever drug they are doing because it’s bad for them. Chances are, they already knew that and don’t care enough to quit doing bad drugs.

Drugs can kill you. I don't know if you're fully aware of that fact or not.

Of course I’m aware of that, Will. I would hope most people are aware of that too.

Trying Heroine, Cocaine, Meth, Crack, whatever you wanna call anything out there - all of that shit can kill you. Even if you simply try it once.

I know those drugs can kill you, however I’d like you to prove how using those drugs can kill you in your first try…for now I’m just assuming that you mean by using too much of them or by using them incorrectly. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

As a friend, its your requirement to STOP your friends around you, from being fucking ******ed.

And like I said, I would do just that because they are my friends. They are people I’ve known and have had a connection with. So obviously I would look out for them just like any good friend would and should do.

LIAR! Slavary was what many in today's world call "farming". The only difference is, today we do it because we want to. Not against are will.

Even if slavery is what we call farming today, it doesn’t mean it was right back then. Also, we are not slaves in case you didn’t know. We decide what we want to do…we are not force to do things we don’t want to do and get beaten if we don’t do them.

Seriously though, I'm not for slavary - but paired up against drugs, slavary at least had a better reasoning behind it than drug use.

I would have to disagree with you. Slavery was wrong no matter how you look at it. Some people might find drug usage stupid, but even then it still isn’t as bad as slavery and I don’t think I need to explain why that’s the case.

On the flip side, we have drug use. How is this beneficial to anything? Lets say you try a drug - meth - and you enjoy it. Where's the benefit? Slavary at least accomplished many things. Trying drugs does nothing but harms your body, and deludes your mind.

Like I said, I’m not an expert on drugs so I wouldn’t know what the benefit is other than having a good time with certain drugs. Maybe someone here who has experimented with drugs and knows more about them than you and me can tell us. I’m just saying that I do condone the experimentation of some drugs by young people. Keyword is some.

Don’t come in here and assume things now. I never said if a friend of mine wanted to do something bad then I wouldn’t stop them. Of course I would and I would expect for them to do the same for me. However, if it’s someone I had no connection with whatsoever then it’s completely different. I’m not going to go up to a stranger and tell them to stop doing whatever drug they are doing because it’s bad for them. Chances are, they already knew that and don’t care enough to quit doing bad drugs.

Thats where we go down different paths. I wouldn't try and force anyone to do something against their will. However, I will try my hardest not to turn a blind eye to stupidity.

I've talked with many-a-stranger about stuff like drinking and driving, smoking, and even drug use. I'm not Mr. Good Will (no pun intended) or anything like that, but I know enough to know if so many people believe something is deadly wrong for you - to make sure to at least let others know.

Can you stop them from living their lives? No. But you can have a peaceful mind in knowing you at least told them, instead of turned a blind eye to the situation.

I know those drugs can kill you, however I’d like you to prove how using those drugs can kill you in your first try…for now I’m just assuming that you mean by using too much of them or by using them incorrectly. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

I'm going to use Erin's brother in this situation.

Here is a guy, who seen his Father do meth. Nothing (thankfully) happened to his Father, other than about 5 years in Prison. So, he felt that because nothing happened to his Dad - that nothing would happen to him. On the first try, of a very small dose - he was hospitalized because his heart almost quit on him, and started beating irregular.

He has to take meds for the rest of his life now, to control his heart, all because of one stupid mistake and "experimenting" with what you feel is okay, if you feel comfortable in doing so.

So, the most common dangers are over-dosing, and using incorrect amounts. Of course prison time if you're caught, and something that will go on your permanent record which means some career jobs won't even give you a second look.

Is all of that, stuff that can royally fuck up your life and well being.. really worth risking, for the benefit of nothing more than "a good feeling"? I don't know about you, but I can have plenty of amazing, wonderful, and as close to perfect as you can get "feelings".. by doing stuff thats legal.

Even if slavery is what we call farming today, it doesn’t mean it was right back then. Also, we are not slaves in case you didn’t know. We decide what we want to do…we are not force to do things we don’t want to do and get beaten if we don’t do them.

Aren't we? You claim we aren't forced to do things anymore. And yet we're forced to do things everyday. I don't even care who you are; Man, Woman, Child. At some point in your everyday life you are forced to do something. Be it stuff like homework, or going to school/work. Or listening and doing what your Parents tell you to do, even if you don't agree.

We're all slaves in our own right. You just don't see it that way.

I would have to disagree with you. Slavery was wrong no matter how you look at it. Some people might find drug usage stupid, but even then it still isn’t as bad as slavery and I don’t think I need to explain why that’s the case.

But you do. Again, I explained why Slavary was actually more logical and in many cases better than drug useage.

Slavary provided a service for a reason. Drug useage has no service, with no reason beyond "a good feeling". And even thats questionable. Over Half of the time, you get some people who claim they didn't feel a thing.

Like I said, I’m not an expert on drugs so I wouldn’t know what the benefit is other than having a good time with certain drugs. Maybe someone here who has experiment with drugs and knows more about them than you and me can tell us. I’m just saying that I do condone the experimentation of some drugs by young people. Keyword is some.

It seems to me you're almost wanting and begging for someone with a history in drug abuse, or useage, to come in here and tell you that it'll be okay if you try some. You seem to be fighting and defending the right to try drugs more than usual. And there isn't a good enough reason, to me.

You can get "high" by going sky diving. Or riding a roller coaster. You can "feel far out" by spinning your head on a bat then trying to run, or spinning really fast in a chair then stopping suddenly. You can see "random creatures" by going to the Zoo. No need for drugs that could potentially kill you for any of that.

Oh, and one more thing - incase anyone had this thought. Not once have I mentioned being better than anyone who does drugs. Because I don't feel I am. Do I feel I'm in the right by NOT doing them? Absolutely. But that doesn't make me better. Are those who use drugs better than me? Fuck no. So lets just clear the air and get that out there right now.

I wouldn't encourage people to try anything personally and i'm a heavy weed smoker. I say this because the one and only person i encouraged to smoke weed one time, now smokes multiple times more than i do, and like i say i smoke a LOT, so i swore i'd never encourage anyone again.

I understand where Will is coming from, but the whole 'drugs are illegal so therefore you should never try them' angle is a pretty poor argument, because you need to realise why they are illegal. Weed for example is only illegal because governments can't really make any money on it, because anyone can grow it with a couple of sunlamps and some dirt. Of course it has long term effects like madness and short term memory loss etc, but so does walking down the street and inhaling carbon monoxide, and you've no choice about that!

There is literally no good reason why Marijuana should be illegal yet alcohol shouldn't. There has never been a fatality caused purely by the intake of marijuana in the 3000 year history of its usage, yet alcohol and cigarettes kill thousands every year.

I'm not saying people don't get killed while they're high, i'm saying no one died purely by smoking weed for a while. They might stumble out in the road and get mowed down or choke on their own puke, but that's dying from puke choking and cars, not weed etc.

Caffeine is a drug yet anyone can buy it in their soft drinks or tea/coffee.

The addiction argument is also dependent on the person in question. Alcohol and weed aren't classed as addictive drugs yet there are plenty of people who do become addicted to such substances. Cigarettes are extremely addictive but every newsagents and supermarket have a variety of cigarettes to choose from. Menthol, Lights or full strength? Kingsize or Superkings? Rolling tabacco or cigarettes? Flavoured rizlas or ordinary ones? And so on and so forth.

I've got friends that have done everything under the sun, combined everything under the sun, and now have no real desire to go and get any again. They'll do it if it's there for the taking, but they aren't going to go out of there way to get it.

And then there's people who started doing drugs after me and now are now growing their own. So i think it's all down to the individual personally, but the risk of addiction or fatal accidnets occuring while you're under the influence of drugs, or simply not knowing how to control yourself when on them, is really too high to encourage people to take things, because while you might know how to affects you, you've not got a fucking clue how it'll affect someone else.

Back in my school they would show the same video of some chick taking ecstasy while at a party, and because the pills made her feel extremely dehydrated and she wasn't aware that it would do that to her, she drank far too much water in a short space of time, and she flooded her brain and died. Did ecstasy kill her or did the ridiculous intake of water kill her because she thought she needed it?

Sorry if i'm coming from all over the place (I'm a pot smoker what do you expect? lol), i'll summarise.

You can't stop people from living their lives. If they're happy to take something that they know will be detrimental to their own health, then it's their own funeral, but i wouldn't actively encourage someone to take any form of drug. I'll happily tell them what it does for me, but wouldn't encourage them to try it. I'd offer a joint to someone at a party, but i wouldn't sit there and say 'come on, it won't hurt.' Drugs aren't the same as Dr. Pepper, with drugs you KNOW what the worst could happen is, and if you don't, then you certainly shouldn't be considering dabbling in drugs.

If I answer 'no' to this question there is the implication I think it's right for young people to experiment with drugs. I will never agree with drug taking, ever. However, I DO believe that people should have the right to do what they want with their body, if it doesn't affect anyone else. The second part of that last statement is why my mind is split here. On one hand, many argue that trying some drugs is fine, and that some of those should even be legal. On the other, drugs can literally ruin lives - and not only your own. Many start at the 'softer' drugs and move on to the worst kinds. Some have become addicted from just one use of a drug.

In terms of legality, I don't want any of the current, main, illegal drugs to become legal. There are many complicated arguments on the subject, but my primary reasoning is that I don't want to make it easy for my children to ever go into a shop and buy them. At the moment, even if I wanted to get into some type of illegal drug, I'd have NO idea where to go look for it. Yet if I wanted to smoke cigarettes or get drunk, I could walk to the corner of my street and buy as much as I wanted - I never want more drugs to be that easily available. Those 2 are bad enough.

Back to the actual thread title - I don't think it's right to ever try illegal drugs. I'm not stupid enough to think that everyone who tries something once, or even uses a drug frequently has ruined their life or is an addict, but some people do and have even died from taking drugs for the first time. For that reason alone, I personally would never touch them, and don't generally socialise with those who do. I, personally, think it's 'wrong' because I don't see any benefits outweighing the possible negatives, but I do believe you have the right to do what you like with your body if it only affects you. The problem with that is that it can affect others very negatively as well, when that drug use turns into drug abuse, and some can't stop that transition happening.

and don't generally socialise with those who do.

May i ask why this is Becca? In my experience, there are plenty of people who take drugs who are still highly intelligent people and very caring and considerate, and even highly succesful individuals. One of my old flatmates, who i would consider to be a very intelligent person, would smoke weed, take speed, ketamine and cocaine (although only weed regularly), but he was only ever a 'dangerous' individual when he was drunk.

He'd never insult people or be aggressive or do anything truly stupid while on drugs, but i couldn't tell you how many times i had to pull him out of the road or out of bushes, or how many people's cars and letter boxes he'd damage, or who he pissed off while he was drunk.

I know you've only got what i say on here to go by, but based on what you've read of my opinions, and that i've admitted that i smoke a lot of weed, would you choose not to have a conversation with me if we actually met, knowing that i'm a recreational drug user? By all means be as blunt and honest as you like, i won't think any differently of you, i'd just like to know why you dont generally hang out with recreational drug users completely. (Sorry if i misinterpreted you're statement btw)

May i ask why this is Becca? In my experience, there are plenty of people who take drugs who are still highly intelligent people and very caring and considerate, and even highly succesful individuals. One of my old flatmates, who i would consider to be a very intelligent person, would smoke weed, take speed, ketamine and cocaine (although only weed regularly), but he was only ever a 'dangerous' individual when he was drunk.

He'd never insult people or be aggressive or do anything truly stupid while on drugs, but i couldn't tell you how many times i had to pull him out of the road or out of bushes, or how many people's cars and letter boxes he'd damage, or who he pissed off while he was drunk.

I know you've only got what i say on here to go by, but based on what you've read of my opinions, and that i've admitted that i smoke a lot of weed, would you choose not to have a conversation with me if we actually met, knowing that i'm a recreational drug user? By all means be as blunt and honest as you like, i won't think any differently of you, i'd just like to know why you dont generally hang out with recreational drug users completely. (Sorry if i misinterpreted you're statement btw)

I probably didn't make that clear enough. It's not that I believe those who DO experiment with drugs are less intelligent - I know of many on this board alone who come across as very intelligent, caring people, and I wouldn't not speak to any of them. I don't meet someone and check this before forming a friendship, and, as long as they didn't use drugs around me, I wouldn't stop talking to a friend if I then found out they did use them. It's more just that I don't KNOW any nice people who do use them. Of the few people I know who do use the softer drugs, all of them have been completely immature idiots in everything they do.

A majority of my friends feel the same way I do on the subject, as far as I'm aware and therefore the issue hasn't come up - as opposed to me making a choice on it. As I said above, if I met someone and formed a friendship with them because we got on, this one issue wouldn't affect that, unless they took drugs around me.

CM Will I think you and the rest of the SES's Iowa branch need to do some research beleive it or not their are some positive effects to those illegal drugs, and as far as being a bad friend for not stopping someone from experimenting with drugs, that's a giant load of shit, there is no fucking way in hell that you can stop your friends, family, or anyone else from experimenting with shit, unless you are going to follow them around every fucking where they go, I've lived with people that I care about more than anything that have felt the need to experiment and it didn't matter what I said or did, if they wanted to try something they were gonna find a way to do so, even if that meant lying to me and doing them behind my back than so be it, personally I'd rather know that they are experimenting with something so that in the event of something going wrong I can at least know what they've tried and what to look for as far as signs of an overdose go, and can provide EMTs with that information, my firends and family know that I do not approve of any of them using drugs with the exception of weed, however sometimes people just need to get shit out of their system before realizing this is not the way to go through life, and all you can really do it hope that the worst case scenario doesn't happen, this is coming form personal experience

If people want to experiment than find it is not my place to tell anyone what to and what not to do, however I do feel that before experimenting with something that people should take ALL the risks into account, and also take into account what effects this may have on the people who care about them

I'm going to use Erin's brother in this situation.

Here is a guy, who seen his Father do meth. Nothing (thankfully) happened to his Father, other than about 5 years in Prison. So, he felt that because nothing happened to his Dad - that nothing would happen to him. On the first try, of a very small dose - he was hospitalized because his heart almost quit on him, and started beating irregular.

He has to take meds for the rest of his life now, to control his heart, all because of one stupid mistake and "experimenting" with what you feel is okay, if you feel comfortable in doing so.

So, the most common dangers are over-dosing, and using incorrect amounts. Of course prison time if you're caught, and something that will go on your permanent record which means some career jobs won't even give you a second look.
I’m sorry that happened to her brother but like I said, meth is something I wouldn’t do because I know it’s bad for you. Same goes with other drugs like heroine. However, not all drugs are bad will which I think it’s something you seem not be able to grasp. Also, what happened to her brother isn’t the case for all drugs, Will. Yes, it’s unfortunate that happened to him but it doesn’t mean that could happen to anyone no matter what drug they use.

Is all of that, stuff that can royally fuck up your life and well being.. really worth risking, for the benefit of nothing more than "a good feeling"? I don't know about you, but I can have plenty of amazing, wonderful, and as close to perfect as you can get "feelings".. by doing stuff thats legal.
How is experimenting with drugs going to fuck your life up and your well being? It really isn’t like you think it will. We are talking about experimenting here, not continued usage of drugs or drug abuse. If we were talking about either one of those then I would probably agree with you here.

Like I said, not drugs are bad for you. I’ve read several stories about how drugs like marijuana have helped people in their life. And they are people that did them, not to get high and have a good time, but because it would help them. So while there are negatives to experimenting with drugs, there are also positives.

Aren't we? You claim we aren't forced to do things anymore. And yet we're forced to do things everyday. I don't even care who you are; Man, Woman, Child. At some point in your everyday life you are forced to do something. Be it stuff like homework, or going to school/work. Or listening and doing what your Parents tell you to do, even if you don't agree.

We're all slaves in our own right. You just don't see it that way.

But you do. Again, I explained why Slavary was actually more logical and in many cases better than drug useage.

Slavary provided a service for a reason. Drug useage has no service, with no reason beyond "a good feeling". And even thats questionable. Over Half of the time, you get some people who claim they didn't feel a thing.
I won’t continue to argue this because it really doesn’t have much to do with what this thread is about. I might create a thread on this late, but let’s try to stick to the subject of this thread.

It seems to me you're almost wanting and begging for someone with a history in drug abuse, or useage, to come in here and tell you that it'll be okay if you try some. You seem to be fighting and defending the right to try drugs more than usual. And there isn't a good enough reason, to me.

I really don’t care if someone with a history of drug abuse or usage comes in here or not. I don’t need them to tell me that it’ll be okay to experiment. If I want to experiment then I will do it because I want to do it, not because someone else said it would be okay. So how about you stop assuming things that don’t have any truth to them?

You can get "high" by going sky diving. Or riding a roller coaster. You can "feel far out" by spinning your head on a bat then trying to run, or spinning really fast in a chair then stopping suddenly. You can see "random creatures" by going to the Zoo. No need for drugs that could potentially kill you for any of that.
Like I’ve already said, we are talking about experimenting with drugs here. I doubt you are going to die just because you experiment with certain drugs as long as you are using them right and are doing the right amount.

I’m sorry that happened to her brother but like I said, meth is something I wouldn’t do because I know it’s bad for you. Same goes with other drugs like heroine. However, not all drugs are bad will which I think it’s something you seem not be able to grasp. Also, what happened to her brother isn’t the case for all drugs, Will. Yes, it’s unfortunate that happened to him but it doesn’t mean that could happen to anyone no matter what drug they use.

ST, I think you need to define exactly what type of drugs you believe should be experimented with. Because I come in here to explain why I believe its NOT a good idea, and the best reply I've gotten out of you yet is roughly..

"But some drugs aren't going to hurt you, they could even help, so experimenting is okay." Yet you've yet to tell me which drug you're specifically referring to.

Pot? In my opinion, pot is not a drug - its a plant. You didn't make pot with chemicals and substances. You made it from things that the earth gave you. Now, on that note do I agree with pot? No. But I would say that I have plenty of friends who smoke it and I don't care that they do - because its a plant.

Besides pot, was there any other drug you were referencing in this thread? Or was this just another subtle "Hey everybody, Pot should be okay to try." thread?

How is experimenting with drugs going to fuck your life up and your well being? It really isn’t like you think it will. We are talking about experimenting here, not continued usage of drugs or drug abuse. If we were talking about either one of those then I would probably agree with you here.

Experimenting leads to retrying, and continued useage. You can tell the world "I'm only gonna do it once." But what happens when you come upon that specific drug you either enjoy, and wanna try again to see if it gives the same results. Or that drug that doesn't give much of any effect on the first try, so you continue it to see if there really is any harm to it.

Little by little, experimentation turns to addiction. And even with simply experimenting you have to take the proper amount of time to make sure you don't get caught. Because, obviously, the shit is illegal. So if you do get caught, simply telling the Court that you only wanted to "experiment" isn't gonna fly. Which in turn makes you slowly paranoid.

Like I said, not drugs are bad for you. I’ve read several stories about how drugs like marijuana have helped people in their life. And they are people that did them, not to get high and have a good time, but because it would help them. So while there are negatives to experimenting with drugs, there are also positives.

Pot, or marijuana, is a medical drug even for some. So again, I'm not including pot into this type of conversation because you didn't specifically say this was a thread about whether pot should be legal or "experimented with". You said "drugs", indicating a plural, more than one.

So, what are others you believe are acceptable?

I really don’t care if someone with a history of drug abuse or usage comes in here or not. I don’t need them to tell me that it’ll be okay to experiment. If I want to experiment then I will do it because I want to do it, not because someone else said it would be okay. So how about you stop assuming things that don’t have any truth to them?

Someone sounds testy, and growing an attitude. Perhaps steroids were one of the "experimenting drugs" you were making reference to.

I'm not saying you need someone to tell you its okay to do. I said by the way you made things sound it felt as if you were looking for someone to tell you it was okay.

So how about you stop putting words in my mouth, and misunderstanding what I'm saying, eh?

Like I’ve already said, we are talking about experimenting with drugs here. I doubt you are going to die just because you experiment with certain drugs as long as you are using them right and are doing the right amount.

Well, I tell you what. Go find any of the top named ('bad') drugs we've been naming off in this thread. Find just the right amount and stupidly take it. Then you tell me, if it has any negative effects on you - including fatal.

Drugs. Can. Kill. You.

Stop repeating back with "not certain ones". NAME THEM! Besides pot, that is, since it was already mentioned and you keep saying "drugs" in a plural form indicating there are more. So.. what are others?

ST, I think you need to define exactly what type of drugs you believe should be experimented with. Because I come in here to explain why I believe its NOT a good idea, and the best reply I've gotten out of you yet is roughly..

"But some drugs aren't going to hurt you, they could even help, so experimenting is okay." Yet you've yet to tell me which drug you're specifically referring to.
Drugs I think people should experiment with them as long as they feel comfortable doing so are drugs such as weed (I know you don’t consider it a drug but I do), Amphetamines, and magic mushrooms just to list a few. I’m sure there could be other drugs that are good for you if used correctly and if you consume controlled amounts, I just don’t know about them.

Besides pot, was there any other drug you were referencing in this thread? Or was this just another subtle "Hey everybody, Pot should be okay to try." thread?
I’ve already listed some drugs…and no, it was not another subtle thread.

Experimenting leads to retrying, and continued useage. You can tell the world "I'm only gonna do it once." But what happens when you come upon that specific drug you either enjoy, and wanna try again to see if it gives the same results. Or that drug that doesn't give much of any effect on the first try, so you continue it to see if there really is any harm to it.
I agree with you that experimenting could lead to continued usage of drugs…but I don’t see what’s wrong with that as long as you’re not becoming an addict.

And before you come and here and say that someone could easily become an addicted to any drug, let me point out that studies have shown that people cannot become physically addicted or the chances of become physically addicted are low for some drugs, an example would be magic mushrooms.

Little by little, experimentation turns to addiction.
With some drugs, yes, people can get addicted to them but not with all of them.

And even with simply experimenting you have to take the proper amount of time to make sure you don't get caught. Because, obviously, the shit is illegal. So if you do get caught, simply telling the Court that you only wanted to "experiment" isn't gonna fly. Which in turn makes you slowly paranoid.

If you’re going to experiment then hopefully you’re smart enough to not get caught. Why get caught doing something that you might not have even liked and will probably never try again? That would be just stupid so I hope that if someone is going to experiment they do it in a manner in which they won’t get caught.

So, what are others you believe are acceptable?

Like I’ve said several times now, I am NOT an expert when it comes to drugs. However, I have read a few things here and there and I have concluded that some drugs are ok to experiment with. I’ve already named a few just from a bit of research on the web.

Someone sounds testy, and growing an attitude.
That’s what happens when people don’t let me sleep.

I'm not saying you need someone to tell you its okay to do. I said by the way you made things sound it felt as if you were looking for someone to tell you it was okay.
Well that’s not the case at all.

So how about you stop putting words in my mouth, and misunderstanding what I'm saying, eh?
How about you stop make assumptions, kay?

Well, I tell you what. Go find any of the top named ('bad') drugs we've been naming off in this thread. Find just the right amount and stupidly take it. Then you tell me, if it has any negative effects on you - including fatal.

Drugs. Can. Kill. You.
And I’ve already agree with you on this. I know that even if you take the right dose or just a little bit of a drug like Meth or heroin it can kill you or damage you. That’s not the case with all drugs though.

Drugs are always a hot topic. And it always comes down to personal opinions and beliefs that you were taught growing up. Personally I don't care if someone chooses to use drugs, because they really only do affect the individual using them (excluding drunk driving). I am not straight edge by any means, and I have used alcohol, cigarettes, and weed. You can go on all day stating your beliefs and opinions, but when it comes down to something that only the individual can truly choose for his/her self, everyone elses opinions are moot.

My best advice is, if you're gonna use drugs, don't be stupid and do crack and meth. If anything, eat some shrooms or smoke some weed, stuff that isn't addictive and doesn't cause death.

Drugs I think people should experiment with them as long as they feel comfortable doing so are drugs such as weed (I know you don’t consider it a drug but I do), Amphetamines, and magic mushrooms just to list a few. I’m sure there could be other drugs that are good for you if used correctly and if you consume controlled amounts, I just don’t know about them.

Alright, so lets rundown the 3 drugs you believe people should try because through your eyes, various reports you've read (yet shown no proof of), and here-say, you believe they're 100% safe - or at least safe enough to where people should be comfortable with trying them.

Pot: Its a plant, so through my eyes not a stonecold drug. Albeit, its illegal and as such that means there are reasons why. Someone posted that its only illegal because the Government can't make money off it. Well, that may be a reason, but likely not the sole reason. What isn't being mentioned is that while stoned, or high, you can lose senses and become less responsive. In other words - your reaction time is lessened and in the case of a situation where you need split second reaction timing, you're fucked.

Amphetamines: Through the medical term, its used to help. Through ST's version, it can also be known as speed. Amphetamines are basically something that takes away your ability to be tired. It gives you speed, energy, and most importantly - rapidly increases your heart rate. Yep, sounds like something thats perfectly safe to take. :icon_rolleyes:

For a better list of things it can cause, physically, this is taken from Wiki.

Wiki said:
Physical effects of amphetamine can include reduced appetite, increased/distorted sensations, hyperactivity, dilated pupils, flushing, restlessness, dry mouth, erectile dysfunction, headache, tachycardia, increased breathing rate, increased blood pressure, fever, sweating, diarrhea, constipation, blurred vision, impaired speech, dizziness, uncontrollable movements or shaking, insomnia, numbness, palpitations, and arrhythmia. In high doses or chronic use convulsions, dry or itchy skin, acne, pallor can occur.

Occasionally amphetamine use in males can cause an odd and sometimes startling effect in which the penis when flaccid appears to have shrunk due to vasoconstriction. Upon erection the penis returns to normal size. However, this may simply be an urban myth. "There are no published scientific reports which provide objective evidence that penile shrinkage occurs as an effect of amfetamine use."

Young adults who abuse amphetamine may be at greater risk of suffering a heart attack. In a study published in the journal Drug and Alcohol Dependence, researchers examined data from more than 3 million people between 18 and 44 years old hospitalized from 2000 through 2003 in Texas. After controlling for cocaine abuse, alcohol abuse, tobacco use, hypertension, diabetes mellitus, lipid disorders, obesity, congenital defects, and coagulation defects, they found a relationship between a diagnosis of amphetamine abuse and heart attack.

So, as you can see.. it can cause heart attacks, regardless of how much - or less, you use. Again, "real safe". :disappointed: Oh, and lets not forget that in Males - it can apparently cause erectile dysfunction, including rumored shrinkage. Again, ST, if you're into that sorta thing, or feel comfortable in thinking its worth trying - be my guest. I'm sure you'll find a Woman who loves you for who you are. :rolleyes:

Now, finally..

Magic Mushrooms: Depending on the source you use, you'll get shorter or longer terms of how bad these can be for you. One site I found, via google by purely entering "how bad are shrooms for you" claimed that even the smallest amount, depending on the shroom, can lead to a fatal outcome. (thats death, ST)

This was also taken from that site.

Using magic mushrooms is not without dangers. You should be aware of these dangers before using them.

Poisonous mushrooms
If you are not an expert in identifying wild mushrooms, don't go out and try to pick magic mushrooms in the wild ". You might pick a really poisonous mushroom. Before you go hunting make sure that you are able to identify the magic mushrooms you are looking for, and that you are aware of the posionous look-al-likes.

Eating magic mushrooms that have gone bad
When you are growing your own magic mushrooms and the become covered with mold, DO NOT eat them. When you have bought (fresh) or picked magic mushrooms and they have gone bad (dark brown, black, moldy), DO NOT eat them. Moldy or bad mushrooms may contain poisons and harmfull bacteria, that could make you very ill.

Now, I'm sure you'll reply with the predictable "Well, I would suggest people know what to look for and to make sure they aren't 'bad' shrooms." However, if you aren't a typical drug user, and you're only trying them for the first time - how on earth are you suppose to tell one from the other? You can't.

Now, going by our wonderful site Wiki once more.. here you go with some more info..

Wiki Physical said:
Depending on the amount of mushrooms ingested, many physical reactions can be experienced: increased energy, feelings of well-being, heightened perceptions, dissolution of stress, freedom, or possibly a loss of appetite, coldness in the extremities, increase of heart rate, numbness of the mouth and adjacent features, nausea, elevated blood pressure, weakness in the limbs (making walking difficult), muscle relaxation, yawning, swollen features and pupil dilation.

You can read it all to try and find any loop-holes to benefit your side of this situation.. however I've bolded the important parts. Increased heart rate, elevated blood pressure and weakness in limbs. All of these things can lead to a fatal outcome. Again, when I think of comfortable and safe to use - those things don't come to mind of possible outcomes.

I agree with you that experimenting could lead to continued usage of drugs…but I don’t see what’s wrong with that as long as you’re not becoming an addict.

Isn't this a bit.. .. contradicting? How would you be a continued drug user, if you weren't suddenly addicted? OH, wait, is this one of those "Sure I smoke, but I can quit whenever I want" things?

And before you come and here and say that someone could easily become an addicted to any drug, let me point out that studies have shown that people cannot become physically addicted or the chances of become physically addicted are low for some drugs, an example would be magic mushrooms.

Something interesting I read on Wiki was that a study that was done using Shrooms showed that people who were NOT addicts to drugs, nor have any history of drug useage (ie. the type of person we're talking about, in 'experimenting'.) had a type of spiritual awakening.

Here's the story..

Wiki said:
As with other psychedelics such as LSD, the experience, or "trip," is strongly dependent upon set and setting. A negative environment could likely induce a bad trip, whereas a comfortable and familiar environment would allow for a pleasant experience, although neither side of this binary is without exception.[17][18]

In 2006, the U.S. government funded a randomized and double-blinded study by Johns Hopkins University which studied the spiritual effects of psilocybin mushrooms. The study involved 36 college-educated adults who had never tried psilocybin nor had a history of drug use, and had religious or spiritual interests; the average age of the participants was 46 years. The participants were closely observed for eight-hour intervals in a laboratory while under the influence of psilocybin mushrooms.

One-third of the participants reported that the experience was the single most spiritually significant moment of their lives and more than two-thirds reported it was among the top five most spiritually significant experiences. Two months after the study, 79 percent of the participants reported increased well-being or satisfaction; friends, relatives, and associates confirmed this.

Now, albeit this study group had high numbers of people who had a positive review in shrooms. You have to keep in mind a few situations.

First, it was a study that was conducted - so the shrooms that were used were heavily inspected and made sure nothing was wrong with them.

Second, the group was in a comfortable environment, which was helpful in making sure no paranoia took place that caused a "bad trip".

Finally, and most importantly in relation to any type of addiction. If 79% of the group received a very positive and high rated reaction to this drug - do you not believe those individuals would continue to go back for more? Its like being handed a fake paradise, then having it taken away and being returned to reality. Of course you'll wanna go back, but sooner or later you could have a bad reaction, or a very bad reaction. That.. is another form of addiction.

If you’re going to experiment then hopefully you’re smart enough to not get caught. Why get caught doing something that you might not have even liked and will probably never try again? That would be just stupid so I hope that if someone is going to experiment they do it in a manner in which they won’t get caught.

The only reason I'm replying to any of this is in regard to taking Shrooms.

Shrooms can give "bad trips", and result in paranoia. If you go into them thinking you could get caught - of course thats going to be riding on your mind upon taking them. And the end result could be very bad.

So, why even take a risk in something that could turn so serious and possibly fatal?

Like I’ve said several times now, I am NOT an expert when it comes to drugs. However, I have read a few things here and there and I have concluded that some drugs are ok to experiment with. I’ve already named a few just from a bit of research on the web.

I've shown why the drugs you've listed are NOT good to take. And unlike you, I've listed articles and statements made on why they aren't good. All you've done is said you read somewhere, that they're okay to do. Yet shown no proof, given no articles, or mentioned any top named sites.

Now, before I hear a "But Wiki isn't reliable" reply. They have people who check it everyday, every hour. With as big a topic as those terms and subjects are.. I'm doubtful any of the info I've posted is fake.

Alright, so lets rundown the 3 drugs you believe people should try because through your eyes, various reports you've read (yet shown no proof of), and here-say, you believe they're 100% safe - or at least safe enough to where people should be comfortable with trying them.

Don’t put words in my mouth Will. Never did I say the drugs are 100% safe. Both legal and illegal drugs aren’t 100% safe. My grandma has to take drugs (legal ones) for her diabetes and high cholesterol and those aren’t even a 100% safe.

Pot: Its a plant, so through my eyes not a stonecold drug. Albeit, its illegal and as such that means there are reasons why. Someone posted that its only illegal because the Government can't make money off it. Well, that may be a reason, but likely not the sole reason. What isn't being mentioned is that while stoned, or high, you can lose senses and become less responsive. In other words - your reaction time is lessened and in the case of a situation where you need split second reaction timing, you're fucked.

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree on whether rmarijuana is a drug or not.

Amphetamines: Through the medical term, its used to help. Through ST's version, it can also be known as speed. Amphetamines are basically something that takes away your ability to be tired. It gives you speed, energy, and most importantly - rapidly increases your heart rate. Yep, sounds like something thats perfectly safe to take. :icon_rolleyes:

So, as you can see.. it can cause heart attacks, regardless of how much - or less, you use. Again, "real safe". :disappointed: Oh, and lets not forget that in Males - it can apparently cause erectile dysfunction, including rumored shrinkage. Again, ST, if you're into that sorta thing, or feel comfortable in thinking its worth trying - be my guest. I'm sure you'll find a Woman who loves you for who you are. :rolleyes:

Yes, I’ll agree that there are negative side effects (and that’s the case for a lot of drugs whether they are legal or illegal) to using amphetamines but there also positive effects:

Amphetamines are prescribed to treat certain disorders, such as Attention Deficit Disorder. These medications may also be used to treat narcolepsy.

Source: http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/amphetamines/index.htm

Other positive effects (found on Wikipedia):

Wikipedia said:
Psychological effects can include alertness, concentration, energy, self-esteem, self-confidence, sociability,

Magic Mushrooms: Depending on the source you use, you'll get shorter or longer terms of how bad these can be for you. One site I found, via google by purely entering "how bad are shrooms for you" claimed that even the smallest amount, depending on the shroom, can lead to a fatal outcome. (thats death, ST)

The sites I’ve found say completely different things. If you look at the clip from CNN on this website: http://www.shapeshift.net/2008/07/magic-mushrooms-positive/, you’ll see that using Magic Mushrooms have POSITIVE long lasting effects on people.

Scientists are to investigate a hallucinogenic chemical in "magic mushrooms" as a possible new treatment for depression, anxiety and drug dependence.

The move follows an unusual study which showed that the compound, psilocybin, can prompt long lasting positive changes in mood and behaviour.
Researchers also found that people who took the chemical experienced genuine mystical experiences, as defined by psychologists.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-395143/Magic-mushrooms-help-depression-say-scientists.html

And some more positive effects:

you become aware of things normally filtered out by your mind. You sense more, think more, feel more -- visual, auditory, sensory, emotional -- the intricate details on surfaces, the richness of sound, the brightness of colors, and the complexity of your own mental processes

Source: http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/mushrooms/effects.htm

And some more info according to Wikipedia:

Physical Effects:

Wikipedia said:
increased energy, feelings of well-being, heightened perceptions, dissolution of stress, freedom.

Sensory Effects:

Wikipedia said:
Increased visual acuity, surfaces that seem to ripple, shimmer, or breathe.

Sounds seem to be heard with increased clarity; music, for example, can often take on a profound sense of cadence and depth.

Now, I'm sure you'll reply with the predictable "Well, I would suggest people know what to look for and to make sure they aren't 'bad' shrooms." However, if you aren't a typical drug user, and you're only trying them for the first time - how on earth are you suppose to tell one from the other? You can't.

It’s called doing research, Will. There are people out there that do take the time to educate themselves on things they don’t know about and this would be one of those cases. I doubt most people would just go out and try magic mushrooms without knowing anything about them.

You can read it all to try and find any loop-holes to benefit your side of this situation.. however I've bolded the important parts. Increased heart rate, elevated blood pressure and weakness in limbs. All of these things can lead to a fatal outcome. Again, when I think of comfortable and safe to use - those things don't come to mind of possible outcomes.

If we look at the research done on the use of magic mushrooms (which I posted earlier) we can see that most people did NOT have any of those effects. While it’s still possible for those negative effects to happen, it’s less likely for them to actually happen.

Finally, and most importantly in relation to any type of addiction. If 79% of the group received a very positive and high rated reaction to this drug - do you not believe those individuals would continue to go back for more?

I do believe some of those people would go back, not become addicted, but would go back. If a study done on them showed that they reacted positively then why wouldn’t they?

Shrooms can give "bad trips", and result in paranoia. If you go into them thinking you could get caught - of course thats going to be riding on your mind upon taking them. And the end result could be very bad.

Like I said earlier, if we go by the research done, it’s more likely to get good trips then bad ones. It all depends on several factors such as the environment and such.

I'm 16, I smoke pot regularly, and I just popped shrooms a few days ago. I also drink on occasion, which, contrary to popular belief, IS a drug.

I don't see where anyone else gets their balls telling me what I can and can't consume. If you don't want to use drugs, don't use them, but mind your own fucking business when it comes to me and what I choose to do with my body.

If I have children, then I'll be tolerant of them wanting to drink and smoke marijuana, but only in moderation. When you're young, fit, and full of life, that stuff is extremely fun, and I can't blame anyone for wanting to try it out.

However, anything beyond the alcohol and the gateway drug I'll have a problem with; wait until college to experiment with this stuff, or don't experiment with it at all (unless you want to be a writer a la Thomas Pynchon or develop a show for Adult Swim).

To quote a brilliant man (and his mother) "Stupid is as stupid does". Drugs, their use, and the people that use them, per se are fine. This is especially true if the outcome is returning or getting someone closer to "normal" or baseline i.e. treatment for an ailment or disease. Non-supervised recreational drug use, that leads to erratic and dangerous behavior or makes you prone to addiction and the consequential problems, is plain stupid.
You want to potentially fuck up your life, even end it by mistake or on purpose? Be my guest, but please quarantine yourself off somewhere and please stay the hell away from me, k'thanks.
To answer the topic at hand, by and large, yes it is wrong for young people to experiment with drugs as the reality is that the outcome of said experiments --nice lab coat by the way-- are usually more negative than positive.

Don’t put words in my mouth Will. Never did I say the drugs are 100% safe. Both legal and illegal drugs aren’t 100% safe. My grandma has to take drugs (legal ones) for her diabetes and high cholesterol and those aren’t even a 100% safe.

Okay, I'm not replying to half the stuff you put because a lot of it was as I predicted and just back and forth stuff in trying to get people to believe, magically, that using illegal drugs is okay to do.

Now then..

You wanna counter me saying drugs aren't safe with bringing up that neither are legal ones? Well no shit. There isn't much in this world that is safe, which is exactly (once again) why experimenting is a bad idea.

Doctor's use meds and drugs as a way to attempt helping people, but as even you just pointed out - not always does it work. Sometimes yes, sometimes greatly. And sometimes it does the opposite and hurts them, even kills them. And this is Doctor's - not random teens.

It’s called doing research, Will. There are people out there that do take the time to educate themselves on things they don’t know about and this would be one of those cases. I doubt most people would just go out and try magic mushrooms without knowing anything about them.

You're putting way too much faith and stock into the fact that an average teenager looking to try and experiment with illegal drugs would take the amount of time needed - to make sure what they're taking is correct, and not a look-alike bad alternative.

They're going to put more faith and stock in hoping whoever is supplying them with it, will not give them anything deadly. And thats not that great an opinion to take.

If we look at the research done on the use of magic mushrooms (which I posted earlier) we can see that most people did NOT have any of those effects. While it’s still possible for those negative effects to happen, it’s less likely for them to actually happen.

Thats pretty much all you had to say. The bolded part. The fact that those negative effects are possible, is a big issue. I don't care how small a factor you believe they might be, in actually happening. I don't even care if you grouped together 100 people and 99 of them had positive outcomes.

There is always the risk that YOU, or anyone trying anything for the first time, won't be as lucky. And to be honest, even 1 out of 100 is too big a risk to try when the alternative is possibly fatal.

I do believe some of those people would go back, not become addicted, but would go back. If a study done on them showed that they reacted positively then why wouldn’t they?

Okay, ST, I'm gonna give you a word lesson here..

dictionary.com said:
ad·dict   /n. ˈædɪkt; v. əˈdɪkt/ Show Spelled[n. ad-ikt; v. uh-dikt] Show IPA
–noun
1. a person who is addicted to an activity, habit, or substance: a drug addict.
–verb (used with object)
2. to cause to become physiologically or psychologically dependent on an addictive substance, as alcohol or a narcotic.
3. to habituate or abandon (oneself) to something compulsively or obsessively: a writer addicted to the use of high-flown language; children addicted to video games.

I'm sure you were unaware until I just opened your eyes to a little something I like to call.. .. THE TRUTH.. but thats what we call.. AN ADDICT!

Someone who continues to go back and use the same illegal substance. Someone who continues to go back, becoming dependent on something to continue acting the way it originally did upon first taking it.

If the drug worked perfectly the first time, or perfectly enough in their minds the first time - and they go back, its called the beginning of an addiction.

Like I said earlier, if we go by the research done, it’s more likely to get good trips then bad ones. It all depends on several factors such as the environment and such.

:lmao: Would you listen to yourself?! How many wrongful things are you pointing out and not even noticing?

First.. we're talking about the average individual looking to experiment being of teenage variety.

Second.. you're stating that in order to get a good trip several things have to factor into play.

Third.. one of the key factors, would be the surrounding and environment. :lmao:

COME ON, ST, snap out of it. I tell you what, you go set up a research facility. You make sure you put in beds, and cozy little rooms. You get everything just right and then, maybe then, I'll say you could be onto something with experimenting on a one-time basis. But I'm more likely to call you crazy and out of your mind.

Oh, and for purpose sake (and because I wasn't just gonna let it slide) - I actually got red repped from what I can only be lead to believe as someone who must be so deep into drugs, (;)) that they can't stand someone standing up for believing they're bad - that I'm almost read to stop going back and forth with you, because its becoming too silly to even believe there are people out there - who would actually believe any type of illegal drug use, should be considered perfectly acceptable to do.

For the fact that they are illegal they should not because they can become criminalised which can have major effects on their later life when it comes to job/mortgage etc. Drugs are classified as A,B C and A has the highest penalties, so someone taking it are putting their freedom and future at risk.

But on the drug side, people need to be aware of the effects of drug use before they decide. People cannot be told about how this drug is great because you get so high/wasted or whatever without being told the effects of the use. Even pot can lead to obesity if as many people say, you get the 'munchies'. Drugs can also be addictive. We are obviously talking hard drugs here.

On a side note, Why do young people do drugs? Mainly peer pressure or friends doing it and a desire to fit in with them would be my guess. But if you need to do that to fit in with friends then they arent really friends at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back