Is it time to bring back the pirate?

Paul is under rated and the Smackdown Brawler gimmick was good he really ripped poor Scotty 2 Hotty a new one!

The problem lies that his OVW gimmicks like the Ripper and the Imperial March were not utilised and I'd even prefer him teaming with Regal.

How long before Kozlov and Zeke get angry, Hulk up and pound each other.

Even a Nation gimmick with Zeke, Henry and MVP would have been cool but Poor Paul can't seem to find his Niche but Curb Stomping Hurricane should help :)

Couldn't they do a Burchill/Sheamus feud? Almost like England vs. Ireland. Maybe start a pretty hardcore feud? Then have William Regal come in to team with Burchill [refreshing their team a little.] Maybe Finley could come back to ECW to help Sheamus for just one program. Maybe the four of them have a couple tag team matches, until the vets turn on the rookies, culminating in a fatal 4-way.

Burchill can bring back the pirate as his alter ego and join with Hurricane. He can call him Captain Maroon or something. Katie Lea can have a superhero gimmick too. The group can be like the Watchmen. Then they can have another guy join the group who is like a straight up sociopath. Kaval aka Senshi could play that role. They can act like they are trying to do good by backing up the little guys but problems would arise because Burchill would be an asshole, and Kaval would be a psycho path. It could work. Hurricane can be like Night Owl cuz he is the only real good guy in the group. Burchill would be like Comedian because he is an asshole and terrible person. Obviously Katie Lea is Silke Spectre cuz she is a chick and also related to Burchill. Then Kaval would be like Rorschach. He wouldn't get along too well with Burchill but would be good friends with Hurricane. Also maybe add DJ Gabriel as the pretty-boy/smart guy that Ozymandias is. No superhuman blue guy though. lol. IDK, im talking out of my ass. It could be interesting though if they tried to do this. The group would do such things as coming to someone's aid if they are being attacked or if a guy is attacking a woman. Hurricane would want to just save the person while Kaval would brutally attack the person attacking. IDK, im gonna stop talking. lol.

I don't know if the pirate gimmick is the answer because it has no growth potential, but the guy gets no heat right now so anything to get a reaction from the crowd is an upgrade. He needs to get swagger in his performance and acknowledge the crowd more. As a heel it is important that you gloat and showboat somewhat. He needs to say to the crowd, "Look at what I'm doing to your hero...I'm beating him up...screw you, you pathetic fans". This will get him on the path to getting heat. Great heels acknowledge the crowd and whether direct or indirect, taunt them. The guy just comes out and wrestles with a scowl. That shit is boring and we can watch ROH if we want to see high impact wrestling moves from people with frowns. He needs to learn how to tell a story in the ring and assimilate his performance into his character. There is no cohesion right now between his gimmick and his performance.

I'd like to see the pirate gimmick return just to see the Exploder finisher again, but this intense version more physical version of Paul Birchill is pretty cool to see in the ring. He just needs to continue his development, but this gimmick needs time. He'll come around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back