• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is It Over Between Dolph and Vickie?

The Future Rises

Thinking Of A New Name..
On RAW tonight it was Alex Riley Vs Dolph Ziggler and for some insane reason Vickie got mad at Dolph after costing him his match by slapping Riley for the DQ. Then Vickie left and waved goodbye to Dolph Ziggler. So on to the questions :

Is It Over Between Dolph And Vickie?
If So. Is This Good Or Bad For Dolph?

I don't think it's a good idea for it to end like this. They need to capitalize on their relationship to turn Dolph face by eventually dumping her.

MODERATOR'S NOTE:
STAY ON TOPIC! This is NOT a Live Discussion thread. Stick to the topic, and NO SPAMMING!

1.) God I hope so. It's really stale now.

2.) It's good for the fans. Not having to hear her is gonna be good for me. Joking aside I think it could be good for Dolph. Lets see what he can do on his own.

I think this has been in the making for a bit. And with Riley calling him out last week saying to dump her so he can move on. For grins I say she leaves and at night of champions cost ziggler the belt and sides with A ry.

Not yet, but it seems to be trending in that direction. And quite frankly, it's about time. If it were me, I'd have A-Ry take Zig's place....

This is the best thing that could happen to Ziggy. He has some skills that might be better showcased as a face... or maybe he and John M. could work as tag partners for a while (gives John a chance to nudge his way back in to main event status) and bring in Maryse or Kaitlyn or the Bellas or something as a manager and switch back and forth as a heel/face duo...

Ehhhh they've seen worse times. Dolph and some NXT girl I think Kaitlyn were kissing and Vickie still stayed with him.
Is this good for Dolph ?
In a way yes because that troll Vickie is weighing him down and is making him look like utter baby shit. She gets the heat, not him.
I don't see him turning face but who knows this might be the time to do it.

♠ Spades ♠;3328465 said:
Ehhhh they've seen worse times. Dolph and some NXT girl I think Kaitlyn were kissing and Vickie still stayed with him.
Is this good for Dolph ?
In a way yes because that troll Vickie is weighing him down and is making him look like utter baby shit. She gets the heat, not him.
I don't see him turning face but who knows this might be the time to do it.

I think you are confused. If anything, Vickie is keeping Dolph afloat. You said it yourself, Vickie is drawing the heat, which means Dolph is getting nothing without Vickie. Dolph is too bland of a character to make it on his own, and unless he spices up his gimmick he will get ate up in mid-card purgatory like so many others.

I do think he needs to branch out though, but Vickie needs to be involved in his next feud. She needs to pick up another man who takes on Dolph. Whether or not Dolph gets the push here is questionable, because I could see someone just as easily going over Dolph.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

I think you are confused. If anything, Vickie is keeping Dolph afloat. You said it yourself, Vickie is drawing the heat, which means Dolph is getting nothing without Vickie. Dolph is too bland of a character to make it on his own, and unless he spices up his gimmick he will get ate up in mid-card purgatory like so many others.

I do think he needs to branch out though, but Vickie needs to be involved in his next feud. She needs to pick up another man who takes on Dolph. Whether or not Dolph gets the push here is questionable, because I could see someone just as easily going over Dolph.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Without Vicki he's bland, with Vicki he's still bland. She's getting the heat, not him. His character is crap. He's a much smaller version of Billy Gunn except with more moves and athletic ability.

Not yet, but definitely soon. Maybe at Summerslam? More likely the night after.

That is up to him, and frankly I don't care too much one way or the other, but I think he can stand on his own two feet.

More important to me, is where Vickie will go. Hopefully she'll pick up Swagger as his new manager. She needs a role to fill, and Swagger needs an obnoxious voice to get him over as a heel rather than a lisping joke.

Vickie has been carrying Dolph. It will be interesting to see if Dolph can get a reaction from the crowd without Vickie.

Yeh, i don't think it's over between the two yet, but i damnwell hope it is soon, I feel as though if they want Dolph at the top he sorta needs to be on his own now. That is why I think this is a good thing for him, it could do wonders for his career and it finally shows that they are showing some faith in him and he could be moving into the main event picture.
However it could be a complete bust, if Dolph actually does need Vickie and we find that he gets pushed down the ranks, and becomes a waste of talent.
I think this will be good for him though.

i dont think just yet its over i think its heading towards dolph dumping vickie then her getting someone new to manage and attacking dolph turning that person heel (if they arent already) and turning dolph face in the process but it could very well be over...either way i expect a us title match at summerslam between dolph ziggler and alex reily...unless this match is gonna happen at night of champions

Dolph without Vicki is not a good thing for him. He will go back to walking up to people saying "hi im dolph ziggler" people forget that was what he was doing before her.

Seriously, he cannot get a reaction without her, never has and never will. He has no personal charisma what-so-ever.

He needs a mouth piece if he doesn't he will be gone within 2 - 3 years.

Dolph is exactly the same as Drew McIntyre in my book. I see them both as talented guys, both given great pushes and assistance, and yet, neither one of them could connect with the crowds in any meaningful way. The difference I believe is that Ziggler is doing or has done something right along the lines to earn his goodwill and the patience of Vince.

Dolph needs a face turn, honestly. Let him get along with the crowd, earn a little respect and love. If he can't get over at that point, then I'm sorry, I'd have to let him go. I like Dolph myself, but in a business sense, he ain't puttin' asses in seats. Nobody is going "OH MAN DOLPH IS COMING TO TOWN!!!!"

Drew? Eh, I'm shocked they even keep the poor guy around. Use him, or cut him free I say.

Dolph without Vicki is not a good thing for him. He will go back to walking up to people saying "hi im dolph ziggler" people forget that was what he was doing before her.

Seriously, he cannot get a reaction without her, never has and never will. He has no personal charisma what-so-ever.

He needs a mouth piece if he doesn't he will be gone within 2 - 3 years.

No. Before he got Vickie he was doing well on the Smackdown midcard if I recall correctly he was having feuds with Morrison and Mysterio over the IC title. He got rid of the "Hi" thing ever since starting his feud with Rey and that angle he had with Maria.

And you haven't even given him the chance wait tell he turns face and I'm pretty much sure he's gonna have tons of charisma.

I don't think he'll be gone in 2 - 3 years from now if he drops Vickie Dolph is freaking talented. The third most talented in ring performer in the WWE right now in my opinion. Saying that he never will have charisma is just idiotic to be honest. The guy's been a heel all his career. And from what I've seen(talk shows, game shows, etc..) He can be a pretty good face.

Dolph was bland since the start from his debut to now he's been doing the same thing. The only that changed was his aggression level, other than that nothing new. However, time has passed so maybe if he drops Vickie we can see what he can do after his time in the WWE so far.

Vicki's character in general is stale to the point where I think she hurts people she's with more than helps get them over. As for Dolph, he needs a much sharper "mean streak" to get into the main event picture, which I think he can do...along the lines of Randy Ortonesque anger management type stuff.

As much as Vickie and her gimmick may be stale, at least it's helping Dolph out a little bit. Before this alliance, Dolph didn't get too much heel heat. Nowadays, Dolph has a better chance of getting over with Vickie.

As for the end of the alliance, all it needs is an opponent(s) who would constantly get at both of them. We already have those men in the form of Kofi Kingston and Alex Riley.

I really hope that it is over for Dolph and Vickie. She was a big help for him but now it is time for Ziggler to strike out on his own. He is a former world champion, regardless of what you think about the booking, so he has what it takes to try out some upper card feuds. He is better off without her because now we can see what he will be capable of by himself and I look forward to it.

I think (and hope) they are done. I think Dolph needs to go it alone and see what he can do. I think it can certainly be a good thing for him, just depends on how they book him.

Does he continue the "feud" with Riley? Could be good. As far as Vickie goes, I could see her taking a few weeks off and then coming back with Drew McIntyre. Ziggler left him out to dry in their match against the Big Show a few weeks back and he got destroyed. Vickie could take him under her wing with the story line of "The only reason he hasn't lived up to the Chosen One title is that I haven't been in his corner". They can go the whole "this is what a real man looks like route as well".

Granted, this is probably more hope on my part as I am a fan of McIntyre's and don't think they have used him correctly but I think it could work and wouldn't shock me to see them try it. A feud between Ziggler and McIntyre could be interesting. It would turn Ziggler immediately into at least an Orton-like tweener that would allow him to defend the US Title against face and heel alike.

This Dolph Vickie association won't work no matter if Vickie is Dolph's girlfriend or business consultant. What Dolph needs is to turn face, the E is lacking good faces and Dolph's career isn't going anywhere as of now. If Dolph turns face at the right time, it could make a great World title feud.

I really hope that it is over with Dolph and Vickie, it's been getting boring lately. I think it will turn Dolph face because if somebody feuds with Vickie personally they will get over as a face because Vickie gets a lot of heat and I think that is what we will see. I think Dolph could pull of being a face, I think he's great in the ring and has a lot of exciting matches which will definitely help him get over as a face. In my opinion when you're a heel you're limited with what moves you can preform, you can't really preform exciting high risk moves because that'll get you cheers which you don't want. I say this because if Dolph is a face he can show of the exciting moves he can preform. He has good mic skills that he will be able to show without Vickie being his mouthpiece. So I do hope Dolph turns face and dumps Vickie.

Didn't Stone Cold tell Dolph that if he wanted a match against Kofi at some PPV recently that he had to drop Vickie? Correct me if I'm wrong but Ziggler agreed to that and the match took place.

I've always been wondering why that got disregarded?

-

Didn't Stone Cold tell Dolph that if he wanted a match against Kofi at some PPV recently that he had to drop Vickie? Correct me if I'm wrong but Ziggler agreed to that and the match took place.

I've always been wondering why that got disregarded?

-

What you didn't notice at the end of the segment Austin said something like "Lighten up guys. I already made the match earlier" Well I don't blame you I had to watch it 3 times to hear what Austin said :lmao:.

Anyway I checked WWE.com today and they have an exclusive interview with Dolph Ziggler where he says Vickie and him went through worse stuff and bashes A-RI for by saying "He learned wrestling from The Miz and learning wrestling from The Miz is like.. learning wrestling.. from The Miz" Which made me kinda laugh. But after seeing that it doesn't look like it's over between Dolph and Vickie.. Yet.

It was time for Dolph to move on, so if this is indeed the end, then I'm very satisfied. I think Dolph has reached the point that he can actually get some heat by himself, he doesn't need to be stuck next to Vickie. Hell, him getting away from Vickie might actually REALLY help him out, the crowd loves to cheer against Vickie, so they'll cheer for anything opposing her (Ziggler). I'm definitely seeing him feuding against a Vickie-managed wrestler in his next feud, no doubt.

Unfortunately, no it's not the end for them, but they are paving the way for Dolph to turn face. Vicki is a heat magnet nowadays and her annoying voice is only matched by Michael Cole's voice. However, like one person said in an above post, Dolph Ziggler was basically saying she's going through one of her hot flashes or that time of the month and she would be fine. He also mentioned how much he needed her to do all of the business deals and scheduled championship matches. He in turn is arm candy for her. Win win for them (I guess)

If they are to break up now. It will expose Dolph for getting little to no reaction during his part of the program. No one really cares about him one way or the other. He doesn't matter to most people and I'm sure he realizes that. He can rag on the MIz all he wants, but people actually react to the Miz, good or bad. Him being athletic is one thing, but he has the charisma of a brick. See Shelton Benjamin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back