• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dolph Ziggler Is The New Intercontinental Champion

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
Dolph Ziggler finally was able to capture the Intercontinental Championship tonight on Smackdown with some help from Vickie Guerrero.

Dolph has been chasing the IC title for a long time, and I thought he would never capture it. It seems his pairing with Vickie Guerrero has helped give his push a nice boost. Ever since his relationship with WWE's #1 heat magnet began, Dolph has been rising through the ranks on the Smackdown roster.

Of course he was attacked by Kofi Kingston after the match, and we're sure to see a rematch pretty soon. I hope Dolph can have a solid run with title, because it would be a shame if WWE decided to take to the belt off of him so quickly. As long as Dolph is with Vickie then I think he'll have a nice little run with the IC title.

What are your thoughts about Ziggler's IC title win?

It's only a year too late. He should've won it last year when he was one of the hottest things in the company, putting on great matches with Rey.

With that said, it is good to see him finally get the title. I feel like he's feuded with every face Intercontinental Champ for a year and a half, and he has been doing well recently with the sleeper and Vickie. This will probably end up with a match between the two at SummerSlam, which, now that I think about it, would've been a better place for a title change. Oh well. Hopefully he gets a nice run with the belt and will end up dropping it to Hardy, Christian, or MVP.

I am pleased for Dolph!
I can actually see quite a lengthy title reign. He has the assistance of Vickie Guerrero which usually translates to success. (Lets just forget Escobar ever existed)
Also I can't really see any face superstar who will take the belt away from him any time soon. Mysterio is currently busy in the main event, Big Show has S.E.S, Hardy and Christian appear to have some kind of programme on the slow burner (plus I don't see Hardy winning gold any time soon) oh and Kofi shall probably be following Mcintyre to upper midcard level.
Would a Ziggler face turn work? He could ditch Vickie now that he has what he wanted, and feud with Cody Rhodes. It would be a mirror of perfection! Well...a battle of vain(but amazing!) entrance music.
He could also later feud with CM Punk. I think their styles would work well together. You could have the angle of Punk claiming Ziggler isn't perfection until he lives a life of straight edge.
Just a few ideas there.

good for dolph! he deserves it because of hard work and determination not to be thrown to the bottom of the barrel wwe might have gotten one right for once but lets see how dolph will handle being champ.

It's a good thing and about time that Dolph Ziggler actually captured a singles title. However I really feel that it just seems kind of late. I thought they were doing a good job of pushing him last year when they had him chasing the title against Rey Mysterio. But now that basically an entire year has passed it feels just kind of meh. I will say for the record that it is a good thing Dolph has won the title. The only thing that takes away from it is just it feels a little late. He has lost quite a bit of momentum since his last run after the title and while Vickie is doing him some good as his Valet, he doesn't quite muster the momentum he had last year against Mysterio.

Let's just hope a good reign for Dolph is in the works. I strongly feel he will have his first defense against Kofi Kingston at SummerSlam. A match that he will most likely retain, for if he doesn't then giving him the title was all for nothing. I truly hope he has good lengthy reign with defense against reliable mid-carders in Matt Hardy, Christian, MVP, and others. Then after he has established himself as top tier heel, then he can drop the belt and the title reign successfully did, what it needed to do.

Its about damn time I'd say, its taken this guy way too long to get gold. Just goes to show that male cheerleader gimmicks don't pay off in the end. Now if we had a group of 5 divas in cheerleader costumes bouncing around joyfully that would end with at least 3/5 of them turning into women's/divas champions. Dolph deserves this title big time and with Vickie on his side I see a good run in his future. Hopefully he uses this title run to add a new finisher into his arsenal because frankly the zig zag isn't all that entertaining. The big question is who should he feud with? Kofi, Christian, Hardy, random jobber?

While it may be a bit late, better late than never right. He definitely deserves it as he is very good in the ring and ddecent on the mic and now with vickie he is drawing great heat. I think that he will get quite a long title reign (atleast until SSeries) before dropping it to someone else.

Like Thrilz said, this is about a year too late, as he should have won it back when he was still feuding with then champion Rey Mysterio, but better late than never, I suppose.

Ziggler is one of the young talents in the company worth watching, and finally adding gold to his resume should do him wonders, I'd imagine. One of many steps on the road to superstardom if I don't say so myself.

Im glad it happened. It's about time. I think Ziggler has the ability to make me care about the IC title again. He has a great look and can bust his ass in the ring. The only thing that I think really needs to change is his name. Dolph Ziggler makes him sound like such a tool. Even going by half his real name to Nic Ziggler would be so much better. But I have to say I never saw it until tonight. I get why people compare him to Curt Hennig. Alot of his movements tonight reminded me of Curt.

About time Dolph Ziggler has been chasing the IC title for a long time and he finnaly won it. He's very good in the ring and has some of the best matches with rey mysterio, kofi kingston, and John Morrison. Dolph Ziggler is a rising star and could have a big future on SMACKDOWN not raw. Keep Dolph Ziggler on smackdown he will continue to develop and sooner or later he should be contending for world championship gold.

A year late and not even on PPV shows how badly his push was handled. I'm not that big a fan of Dolph, but he does have talent, charisma and the look to be a good Intercontinental Champion. I'm assuming there will be a rematch at SummerSlam, and then he'll feud with one of the Smackdown faces. Or do a Miz and not defend his title for months at a time.

Yeah, this is way too late, I would have much preferred him to get it last year in his epic feud with Mysterio. But, lately he has been rising through the ranks, with Guerrero being with him, he gets huge heat, and also, a title is better late then never!!

He really should have become champion much earlier. This guy was on a roll last year, but I'm thankful they at least made sure to rebuild the guy before giving him the championship here again. He's a great in-ring talent with a big future ahead of him, so it's nice finally to see some championship gold around his waist (singles gold at least).

I cannot wait to see where this brings us in terms of pushing Dolph, and who he's gonna be feuding with. I'm certain it's gonna be something like Kofi vs Dolph at Summerslam, and then a continuation of that feud perhaps till Nights of Champion. And then probably some other mid-card guy like Christian or *shudder* Matt Hardy.

Though he should have won the title from Rey Mysterio a year ago, I am very happy that he has finally won it. When I heard about his win I was so happy! It was one of the happiest moments in my life! haha!

Ziggler is a great wrestler, I am extremely happy about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back