• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is it just me or does John Cena always come off as very fake and insincere?

I didn't say I didn't like Cena, I'm actually a fan. I wasn't originally but he has grown on me over the years.

I was just putting out feelers about the whole sexual assault thing, I'm not actually sure if it happened or not and wondered if anyone knew, I just vaguely remember hearing something along those lines.

I didn't know that about Austin, I actually never did like him though, he always did just come off as a bit of a cunt and still does quite frankly.

You make a good point about HHH he's definitely a psychopath if I ever saw one. You have actually quelled my suspicion about Cena but only to a point.

All I mean is that Cena had to be at least a bit selfish to make it to the top, there must be someone he refused to work with or some match endings he wasn't cool with over the years.
He is very good at playing the nice guy but that could just be part of his facade.

You have actually made me think of something else - Does Cena kill his victims with kindness? you decide.

But most guys get to the top by pushing themselves ahead of others to some extent.

My favourite all-time wrestler, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, probably didn't get to the top in WWE because he didn't play politics backstage, and didn't put himself above someone else backstage. But most of the guys who have succeeded have.

All my point is, you can't hate Cena for his selfishness, and yet defend SCSA, Triple H and others for doing the same things or worse.

I definitely have to disagree, while I can understand not liking his gimmick, I can definitely say he still seems passionate about the things he does, and to hate on how nice he is towards kids is a pretty low blow IMO.

I definitely have to disagree, while I can understand not liking his gimmick, I can definitely say he still seems passionate about the things he does, and to hate on how nice he is towards kids is a pretty low blow IMO.

Passion is something scoffed at, in this day and age. This is the age of apathy, where people follow something, and the moment it no longer benefits them, they abandon it.

Cena is consistent. He seems to throw himself into everything he does, and this is mocked in today's society by the apathetic. You are not allowed to care too much about anything, anymore.

I mean, just look at this site. People, claiming to be fans, instead of talking about what they love about wrestling, instead criticize it, to pretend that they don't like it, so as to look cool to others here. Passion is seen as taking things too seriously, and being obsessed. We are told to be "laid back" and "chill out", not throw ourselves, heart and soul, into everything.

Maybe people here see Cena as obsessive because he is the ultimate fanboy. He talks about WWE and wrestling with the excitement of a little kid. You can tell that he was a fan as a child, and is living his dream. However, people here prefer people like C.M. Punk or "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, who can take wrestling or leave it. They like people who put themselves before the company.

Cena is probably seen as the "teacher's pet", the boss's favourite, because he does whatever WWE want him to do. He sees this as being a loyal employee. The OP and others see it as being a "brown-noser".

The OP accuses John Cena of not being sincere. That's funny, because insincerity is what I thought was valued here. Cena's sincere passion is what you people criticise, is it not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back