Is Firefox always this slow?

Christian Battlez

Getting Noticed By Management
I just downloaded the internet browser Mozilla Firefox because I heard it was better than Internet Explorer. But its running really slow. Is this what I can expect in the future?

Maybe when it boots up, but this site runs like lightning on it compared to IE8.

I read something about the 6.0 and 6.0.3 version of Firefox both runs pretty slow on sites with Java scripts because it's having some bugs with the compatibility between those two.

But yeah Firefox is pretty slow cause of that, I've been thinking of converting back to the version before 6 (I forgot which number we were at)

I have 3.6 I think that was the free one offered on the site. Its running fine now that I deleted my cookies and temporary internet files.

Mine has been slow as of late but it probably doesn't help that I have like 13 tabs up.

I read something about the 6.0 and 6.0.3 version of Firefox both runs pretty slow on sites with Java scripts because it's having some bugs with the compatibility between those two.

But yeah Firefox is pretty slow cause of that, I've been thinking of converting back to the version before 6 (I forgot which number we were at)

:lmao: You're joking right? the version Firefox is on now is 3.6.3 and it runs beautifully.

Battlez, what probably happened is you imported everything over from IE and that includes cookies and temp internet files. I would also recommend going to Mozilla's website and download the Ad Blocker Plus which is outstanding for blocking ads you see on the side of the screen etc. Also get DownloadThemAll! which is an outstanding download manager and really accelerates any download run through it. Finally I would download AFOM which is a memory recovery program that auto runs in Firefox. It will continually refresh the memory Firefox is using and should help with speed in the browser.

:lmao: You're joking right? the version Firefox is on now is 3.6.3 and it runs beautifully.

Erh... Yes you're right, I messed around a little bit there, seeing as I obviously forgot the first 3. my bad, thanks for pointing it out.

But that still doesn't leave out the fact that I've read something about it being slow because it's messed with Java scripts.. :shrug:

I love when technology illiterate people try to help other technology illiterate people.

"Which way do I turn Helen Keller?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back