• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is ECW living up to its reputation?

There is a DVD called "The Rise and Fall of ECW," not "The Rise, Fall, and another Rise of ECW." That ECW is dead. With all the injuries taking place lately anyway, I really, really doubt that the original ECW would be very feasible at this point anyway. Don't get me wrong, I kinda enjoyed the old ECW. I'm a fan of gimmick matches, and that's pretty much what every single match was. However, I think the chances of the old ECW returning are just the same of Dwayne Johnson coming back. Zero. Kurt Angle, at the time, was said (by Vince, or Heyman, I forget who) to be the face of the "New ECW." They don't try to be the old ECW, I think they just chose three initials they thought would be familiar. I do think they should drop the name "Land of Extreme," since it's clearly not. It's a developmental show. That's fine, just call it what it is, not what it used to be.

Is ECW living up to its old reputation? Not at all. Is it living up to its new reputation? Basically.

I think its often hurt by its one hour slot, though. While I realize increasing a shows TV time is harder than performing open heart surgery on yourself, I think ECW suffers from being so short. The ECW roster is the smallest, but you have generally three, maybe four matches a show, and the rest is painfully bad promos, or Hornswoggle now.

In short: ECW could be better, it could be worse, but it can't be what it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back