Is Burchill heading to Smackdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

"Original Blade"
The upcoming match between Paul Burchill and the Hurricane is a career vs mask match. If Hurricane loses, he gets his mask taken off and if Burchill loses, he leaves ECW.
Now, I can't see Hurricane losing this one. Helms has always had his greatest success when he was wrestling with the mask. He won the tag titles with Kane, who was huge at the time. And he had a short but memorable programme with The Rock. So I think Burchill will be losing and moving to SD.

Is this a good decision? SD seems to be the best place for young guys to start rising to the top at the moment, with Sheamus, McIntyre, Ziggler and Morrison all getting decent pushes at the moment. On ECW, Burchill can only go so far and on Raw he'll just be a jobber.
If they bring in Burchill with a bang, this could be a good fresh start for him. While he's not exactly over, he's still recognised by many hardcore WWE fans, so it wouldn't be too long till he pops up in the IC title picture. Whether or not he goes beyond that is debatable, but it would definately be a nice start. What do you think?

I think that Paul Burchill might defeat The Hurricane on ECW, but I don't know why. Assuming that Burchill does lose, going to Smackdown would be the right way to go. He was on Raw before going to ECW, and besides losing his quest to win the Intercontinental Championship from Kofi Kingston, his stint was way less than memorable. On Smackdown, he might be able to actually be successful for once. He could have matches with R-Truth, Kane, John Morrison, Matt Hardy, and others.

Also, going to Smackdown could also help Katie Lea. We know how great of a wrestler she is (just like her brother), and wrestling with the likes of Mickie James (again), Beth Phoenix, and Natalya could go great for her. Raw has 9 divas, while Smackdown has 6, so adding Katie Lea to Smackdown would be a great idea, now that Maria is taking time off for "Celebrity Apprentice".

So, if Paul Burchill is defeated by the Hurricane, I think Paul and Katie Lea Burchill would make great additions to Smackdown.

I hope he gets fired. I see absolutely nothing of worth in Paul Burchill, except for getting Katie Lea screen time. He cannot draw heat, he's a boring character...the only good thing about the man himself is his voice.

We already have enough boring wrestlers with no gimmick. Burchill is just another one, except he has a hot "sister".

I think it will be more benefit than harm for both, Paul and Katie if booked properly.

Why? because a few years ago They were about to start a real feud with Mickie and Kingston for the IC title and Women's title but WWE decided they liked Santino more and crapped all over the IC title, when they realized they screwed up they gave the title to Regal.

Now they can amend that by actually using the talent of both elements of the Burchill family on SD.

Paul is good, but has never got the chance of actually show it, he get a little push, then he is de-pushed, over and over again and that is also why people never gets behind him because they know he is on the loosing end.

In ECW he is one step off the ECW title, but then, that is it, he has work with most of those guys and even if he has lose most matches I think it will be bad for him to go fight everyone over and over again.

At SD both Paul and Katie can be used properly for Paul to get at least to top-mid carter or contender for the IC title again and after that, whith the way they work at SD probably even a WHC title shot some time next year.

It also can really help Katie to finally get some wrestling time, she is been wasted only as a manager, she should be contending for one of the belts.

Now if properly booked they can really become a succesful pair and claim they are the most powerful tag in the WWE.

I can see Burchill going to Raw more than anything else, mainly due to the fact that there aren't that many midcard heels that can put over up and coming face talent. The WWE realizes how popular Helms is as The Hurricane. Without the gimmick, he's just generic Gregory Helms, which doesn't do him any favors.

Burchill going to Raw helps out Katie Lea and the Raw Women's Division as well. The top two heels right now are the inexperienced Alicia Fox and the dreadful Jillian Hall. Katie going to Raw gives Melina a significant threat to her title.

Honestly, does it matter? Burchill is never going to be given a chance to do anything, he's a jobber on ECW for fucks sake. The guy has ring talent but is obviously uncomfortable reading the shit creative give him.
As for Katie, she is the definition of a buried talent. Last time I saw her in a match was in a 10-diva tag match, she was pinned within 5 seconds of getting in the ring (no exaggeration). Unless Burchill gets drawn into a UK stable (which I'm really hoping for) they'll both be gone within a year.

He's going to lose and come back as the masked bad guy to battle Hurricane.

And while that sounds like a joke, stop and think about it. What match has WWE NOT done yet? Mask vs. Mask. And if they have two masked people on televised programming, they would most likely go with it. And like WCW, Vince has no respect for the lucha libre style, so he would never bring in another masked lucha to rival Mysterio. So, instead, he will poke fun of the Lucha style and have two other people do it on his least favorite brand.

I hoooooooooope that Paul Burchill Loses and he, and his sister Katie-Lea should go over to Smackdown. I think they would both benefit quite well from the move, and more so for Miss Katie-Lea. She is a woman whose talent is never show cased anymore. She is a valet and occasionally is in a match against the bellas when they were on ECW, and NEVER is in any of the womens tag matches/team matches at the PPV's anymore either. I think a move to Smackdown would be great for her, and could put her back into the running for the womens title!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back