Intl. Region, Minneapolis Subregion, Second Round:(6)Vader vs.(11)Diamond Dallas Page

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Vader

• Diamond Dallas Page

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the International Region, Minneapolis Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under Standard Wrestling Rules. It will be held at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

target_center1.gif

Leon_White_9323.jpg

#6. Vader

Vs.

478109-diamond_dallas_page_large_903.jpg

#11. Diamond Dallas Page

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Assume that all wrestlers are at full strength after their first round matches.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

DDP was seeded way too high and his luck is about to run out. I think Vader is falling out of favor with the voters compared to past years but this should be an easy win for him. I don't see Page matching up to the physically brutal style of Vader. Vader cruises to the third round after a Vader Bomb.

I'm just going to keep saying this until someone refutes it; in a business where:

• You work with your opponent.
  • You draw money.
  • In drawing said money, you have a contest that involves not hurting your opponent,.
  • In not hurting your opponent, you're supposed to make it look like you are hurting him.

Vader....

1. Was fairly uncooperative
  2. Never drew money, save for maybe Japan (maybe)
  3. In not drawing said money, actually hurt his opponent
  4. Actually tried to hurt his opponent

Vase fundamentally fails each and every component of what makes wrestling, wrestling. And every year, we still wank him.

And hey, I'll throw this out there... Vader never did that much in kayfabe that's impressive. His best win is Sting. Sting's great, but here's some names Vader fell to in one on one:

• Hogan
  • Flair
  • Michaels

And while he has a win over Undertaker (a win with a lot of dust included), Taker turned right around and beat him clean at Canadian Stampede. What's all that impressive, here?

DDP beat Flair, Sting, and Hogan in a fatal four way match to become WCW champion. Hey, that's more than Vader did.

Vote DDP. He saves lives, Vader shortens them.

Vader shouldn't have won last last round, but isn't really a big deal since he probably won't survive the next round. That being said he gets a pretty comfortable win here. DDP was WCW champion when the company was on a downturn. Literally none of his 3 title reigns lasted more than 15 days. There's a reason as to why DDP was booked the way he was in WWE.

Vader was a top dog everywhere he went. Even in WWE he was still booked as a major threat. Place him at his peak in WCW against Page's in his and Vader would wreck his shit.

Vader moves on.

DDP is a god damn National treasure. I mean seriously, do you any of you bitches DDP Yoga? You know who does? Jake the Snake; and thanks to DDP he's no longer a sad, washed out has-been. Now he is just a has-been. Give DDP 15 minutes with Vader, and chances are they'll be best friends.

DDP wins this.

I'm just going to keep saying this until someone refutes it; in a business where:

• You draw money.
  • In drawing said money, you have a contest that involves not hurting your opponent,.
  • In not hurting your opponent, you're supposed to make it look like you are hurting him.

Vader....

Vase fundamentally fails each and every component of what makes wrestling, wrestling. And every year, we still wank him.

And hey, I'll throw this out there... Vader never did that much in kayfabe that's impressive. His best win is Sting. Sting's great, but here's some names Vader fell to in one on one:

• Hogan
  • Flair
  • Michaels

And while he has a win over Undertaker (a win with a lot of dust included), Taker turned right around and beat him clean at Canadian Stampede. What's all that impressive, here?

DDP beat Flair, Sting, and Hogan in a fatal four way match to become WCW champion. Hey, that's more than Vader did.

DDP was given favor by Bischoff in exchange for Kimberly's pussy. It's noted and stated by more than a handful of wrestlers that were in WCW at the time, and a few have their reasons to knock DDP, but some of them were just telling the truth. DDP got to where he was because of politics and not because he could draw money. He was one of those that were around folks that drew money, so folks assume he could headline a card. He couldn't.

Sure DDP was booked highly and earned wins over quality competition, but Vader was a monster.

We can argue semantics about how he was stiff and supposedly couldn't draw money, but in a wrestling MATCH... as in laying out a match, booking a finish, and seeing a result - how does DDP get over on Vader?

Vader's too strong, too powerful, and crushed legendary wrestlers. Sting's the most notable one, but he also took out Antonio Inoki and Baba, and fought to a 10 minute draw with Stan Hansen with ONE eye nearly bulging out of his head.

DDP simply doesn't have the ability to get Vader here.

Vote Vader.

It's funny how little people remember of DDP's run in the late 90's. The guy beat some big names and held the WCW title.

I'm not saying I am voting for Page, but he would definitely hold his own. The only problem Page has here is the fact he never really flipped the switch toward the end of his matches when comparing him to guys like Sting, Hogan, Austin, etc. Vader was just too brutal and DDP is about one level down from where he would need to be to beat Vader here.

I admit I am a huge Vader fan, but in his prime I think he would destroy DDP. DDP had a great run don;t get me wrong,, but Vader in his prime was a beast. He would wear DDP out, and move to the next round with a Vader Bomb.

• You draw money.

Vader....

• Hogan
  • Flair
  • Michaels

I have been making this argument for 5 years. It always falls on deaf ears.

DDP got to the top of WCW by working hard and on merit. He was a consistent performer who won a lot of big matches. Vader was a journeyman that WCW turned to when they had no alternatives - Sting couldn't be champion forever and everyone else was gone.

DDP is a far more successful wrestler than Vader - more people watched him, he won more things and he was generally better. DDP has to win this, but he won't.

Page may have only got his short WCW title reigns by being close friends with Eric Bischoff, and there is that Kim Page rumour flying around, but he was still a very good wrestler with alot of big wins on his resume, and the fans loved him. I thought he was booked badly in WWE, and deserved a bit better.

However, Vader in his prime was a monster. I think his power would be too much for DDP to overcome in this one. He's never really faced anyone like Vader as far as I can remember and the Mastadon would be an obstacle that Page couldn't get past.

Vader Bomb to win this.

DDP was given favor by Bischoff in exchange for Kimberly's pussy. It's noted and stated by more than a handful of wrestlers that were in WCW at the time, and a few have their reasons to knock DDP, but some of them were just telling the truth. DDP got to where he was because of politics and not because he could draw money. He was one of those that were around folks that drew money, so folks assume he could headline a card. He couldn't.

Even if this did matter in a wrestling match, I think it undervalues how over DDP was in WCW when he was over. Sure, he was oversaturated by 99, but he also was at the top of WCW, because people really liked watching him. I implore you to watch those matches he had with Savage, and with Benoit, and his match with Goldberg... Dude was mad over.

Sure DDP was booked highly and earned wins over quality competition, but Vader was a monster.

And for a monster, he wasn't all that impressive. Topping Sting and Cactus Jack is good (though Foley wasn't near his prime), but when there were better options around (Hogan, Michaels, Flair, hell, Sid was supposed to go over him and did), he was actually toppled fairly easily. Count losses to people like Ron Simmons, and yeah, I could totally see Vader losing to DRP.

We can argue semantics about how he was stiff and supposedly couldn't draw money, but in a wrestling MATCH... as in laying out a match, booking a finish, and seeing a result - how does DDP get over on Vader?

The same way he beat The Giant :shrug:

Vader's too strong, too powerful, and crushed legendary wrestlers. Sting's the most notable one, but he also took out Antonio Inoki and Baba, and fought to a NC with Hansen

And DDP beat Hogan, Flair, and Sting. Two names Vader never did.

DDP, no matter what caused his push, managed to not only get over, but become one of the biggest stars in WCW during the nWo era which is an amazing feat when you think about it. Vader is fondly remembered and was a very good wrestler, but what DDP accomplished in nWo-era WCW is one of the most impressive stories in recent wrestling history. Add in all the names he beat during his time at the top of WCW, and it's pretty clear this should be DDP.

Both of these men were in fantastic motion pictures about wrestling within a few years of each other.

Vader was described as a whiny little girl who got his feelings hurt often (by Bret Hart, who knows a thing or two about being a whiny little girl) in Wrestling with Shadows.

DDP was the greatest heel ever in Ready to Rumble. It took Goldberg, sand, a fucking motorcycle, Sting, and falling through three cages to beat him when he fell to Jimmy King, the greatest wrestler who never lived.

I'd also say that far more people now remember DDP more fondly than Vader.

Bang!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back