Intl. Region, Minneapolis Subregion, First Round:(3) Andre vs. (30) Dick the Bruiser

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Andre the Giant

• Dick the Bruiser

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the International Region, Minneapolis Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under standard wrestling rules. It will be held at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

target_center1.gif

Andre_the_Giant.png

#3. Andre the Giant

Vs.

bruiser.jpg

#30. Dick the Bruiser

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Dick The Bruiser made a pretty good name for himself for being mostly a Midwest regional talent but he was nowhere near the name Andre The Giant was. Andre was a big name all over the world and is still one of the most famous names in wrestling over twenty years after his death. Plus I think Bruiser was more of a tag wrestler. If it was he and Crusher in a handicapped match I might give them a chance, especially in Minnesota but the geography isn't enough for me to let the Bruiser beat the Giant on his own.

Dick The Bruiser made a pretty good name for himself for being mostly a Midwest regional talent but he was nowhere near the name Andre The Giant was. Andre was a big name all over the world and is still one of the most famous names in wrestling over twenty years after his death. Plus I think Bruiser was more of a tag wrestler. If it was he and Crusher in a handicapped match I might give them a chance, especially in Minnesota but the geography isn't enough for me to let the Bruiser beat the Giant on his own.

Calling Dick the Bruiser mostly a tag team wrestler would be like calling Shawn Michaels mostly a tag team wrestler or Edge mostly a tag team wrestler.

Brusier was a multiple time world champion and had wins over Nick Bockwinkel, Verne Gagne, the Destroyer, Harley Race, and Dick Murdoch. And Race and Gagne have been two guys that have fucked Andre's shit up in the past.

And what was Dick the Bruiser called? The most dangerous man alive. When he first gained notoriety in NWA Detroit he rarely lost on television. The only guy that did beat him he squashed every other time. It was a miracle for him to lose.

And not only that but Bruiser ran his own successful promotion for decades that had a working relationship with Verne Gagne, and was the launching pad of several stars of the next generation. Andre himself worked matches in WWA. And often as Brusier's partner. Andre was known to have lost to the top stars of other promotions and the Bruiser wouldn't be any different.

So my vote is for the Bruiser. The most dangerous wrestler ever.

Dick the Bruiser is a scary ass name, yo. No seriously, you ever got a bruise on your dick? No. Have you ever met a guy name the Dick the Bruiser? No. Have you ever watched Dick the Bruiser in a match? I haven't but still. Dick Bruiser is a hell of a lot scarier than Andre the nice guy who liked musicals could ever be.

Vote for Dick.

Allow me to tell you why Dick the Bruiser will upset Andre. Not just because Dick is from Indiana, and I'm living proof that Indiana has some good dick, but because he was The World's Most Dangerous Wrestler.

Only only that, but he played professional football. Hand egg for all my UK brethren. He inspired David Letterman to name his in house band, The World's Most Dangerous Band.

Dick also only ever lost one televised match. One.

He was also the first person to ever call Bobby Heenan a weasel.

Do you know how he died? Like a boss lifting weights. He went HAM and ruptured a blood vessel in his esophagus. Andre died in his sleep like a filthy casual.

So cast your vote and get you some Dick.

Dick the Bruiser is someone who has largely passed me by, if I'm honest. I've read a lot about the NWA back in the day, but I think he bypassed that and set up on his own. Fair enough, but from what little I do know about him, he basically dominated a smaller promotion without really making a name for himself nationally. Andre the Giant on the other hand made a name for himself internationally, and I can't see the mechanism by which he'd lose here. Andre wins.

Allow me to tell you why Dick the Bruiser will upset Andre. Not just because Dick is from Indiana, and I'm living proof that Indiana has some good dick, but because he was The World's Most Dangerous Wrestler.

Just because you are a member of the Indiana Shaft Samplers, does not give you credentials to determine the outcome of a wrestling match.

Dick also only ever lost one televised match. One.

Andre has been on television roughly once a week for a few decades. Seriously. The Princess Bride is on all the time. That alone gives him the television advantage. Fezzik > Bruiser

He was also the first person to ever call Bobby Heenan a weasel.

That just shows he knows a lot of phallic nicknames. Not really a large asset in the wrestling world. Sure it may be funny during a promo, but it hardly gives you a match advantage.

Do you know how he died? Like a boss lifting weights. He went HAM and ruptured a blood vessel in his esophagus.

So we are in agreement that he couldnt lift Andre without dying. Good to know. Guess that means Andre would not be too worried then considering he has lifted a giant dick for years without risk of injury. Advantage Andre.

Andre wins round one & has a bucket of wine while he waits for round two.

I don;t know too much about Dick the Bruiser, but it seems like people have to constantly defend Andre. In his prime Andre was a beast, and I don't see an upset happening here. At one time Andre was the greatest attraction in wrestling. I just can't vote against him yet. Andre to the second round.

We can argue nicknames, title reigns, who beat who, and whatever.

Andre was a big, BIG dude. And agile. In his prime, Andre was a freak of nature who was over seven feet tall and could move quickly. It took a LOT to disperse Andre. Hogan slamming him, Hansen's Lariat, a snake. That's it.

Dick the Bruiser was a legit bad ass, but even he would concede the fact that Andre would be no one to mess with.

Vote Andre. No ladders are involved here, folks.

There is no viable scenario that I could come up with to justify Dick the Bruiser going over Andre.
Item 1: Andre the Giant was far more of a draw both here in the states and abroad for over twenty years,more so than Dick the Bruiser ever was at any time in his career.
Item 2: For the record, whenever I ever saw Andre wrestle on TV, I don't recall him being defeated either.
Item 3: If Dick tries to brawl with a guy who is roughly a foot taller, and a hundred fifty pounds heavier, who can move pretty well, sorry to say that Mr. Afflis is in for a long night. Dick was indeed a legitimate tough guy, and if he were facing almost anyone else, I'd give him a sluggers' chance. but he's up against a guy, who in his prime, was once described by Gorilla Monsoon as being pretty much unbeatable on any given night. Does that mean he can't be defeated? Of course not, but If I were booking this, I wouldn't book Dick the Bruiser to go over Andre' the Giant in the first round. I would guarantee that more people came to see Andre in at least two or three rounds as opposed to watching Dick the Bruiser. Andre goes over .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back