• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Interesting

Milkyway!

Hodor!
Yesterday my girlfriend was grabbed by the wrist, as a man attempted to pull her in his truck. She hit him, and ran away as quick as possible.

Today, they found one of my fellow students, in the back of a truck at the Cinema, dead.

Not sure who the student was, nor the sex of the student. Could, and probably is, entirely unrelated. Where she the guy attempted to grab her, and where the truck was found are about 10-20 miles apart.

I'm pretty shaken by it personally. o_O Kinda makes me realize I'm lucky to have her, worried to death about the family of the child that died. They've not released the name yet.

Fucked up stuff. Could be unrelated, but you still wont let her go out alone after dusk will ya?

That's the thing about rational fears, they are indeed irrational but that doesn't make them any less real or frightening (on an emotional level at least).

Turns out the kid overdosed. He was a nice guy, I played football with him for a year. Sad to see, he had some potential. Doctor's had him prescribed on Roxy's for over a year after a car wreck. He had just gotten out of rehab 2 weeks ago.

Yesterday my girlfriend was grabbed by the wrist, as a man attempted to pull her in his truck. She hit him, and ran away as quick as possible.
Just furthers my belief that basic self-defense training should be learned by every female in this country. Guys too, but girls especially.

If EVERYONE learns self-defense, wouldn't it just negate the effect of people learning self-defense?
I didn't say to learn how to fight, I said learn self-defense. There's a huge difference.

Fighting is about winning, self-defense is about defending yourself and getting out of a dangerous situation. They are two totally different concepts. For example, when the person grabbed your girlfriends wrist (let's assume the wrist was grabbed with one hand), your girlfriend didn't have to hit him to get away. There's a very basic technique which anyone can use to escape the grip of someone who is holding them with one hand.

Just little things like that. Teaching people the difference between an altercation and a life-threatening situation, and how to react to both. Self-defense and learning to fight are two entirely separate things.

Woah dats sum fuked up shite. Shes lucky she got away. Hope she's okay. Did your girlfriend go the police to report this incident ?

Just furthers my belief that basic self-defense training should be learned by every female in this country. Guys too, but girls especially.

Orrrrr... Everyone could carry a tazer/stungun. Anyone?? jk

But really, Holy Shit. What type of gutless, lowlife, ******y cunt tries to abduct a defenceless women? Humans amaze me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back