Interesting Hulk Hogan Video (Austin, Bret, Vince)

rge2010

Mid-Card Championship Winner
TNA star Hulk Hogan was interviewed last Friday by Peter Rosenberg of NYC hip hop radio station, Hot 97. Rosenberg is known for getting pro wrestling's top stars to open up like nobody else.

Hulk Said:

He watches the WWE Product. Punk/Triple H/Ace storyline. Vince knows what he is doing and thinks something big will happen.

He is WAY cool with Vince. Wouldn't say if they text/talk to each other 'on the record' but they are cool.

He is friends with Austin, he will talk/joke with him when he sees him. But there was heat back in 2006 at the HOF ceremony when Austin made a remark about facing him. Stems from 2002 when the NWO entered WWE, people concerned NWO getting cheered. Expected Austin to want to face him as 'good for business' but obviously never happened.

Backstage heat in 2006 at the HOF Ceremony between Bret and Hogan. Bret and Hogan were really good friends when they they started out. Said Bret stole the 'best there is' catchphrase but no problem because Hogan had stolen stuff before (Billy Graham and Dusty Rhodes). Hogan and Vince fell out in 1993 over money, Hogan had agreed to leave by dropping belt to Yokozuna but Vince had told Bret that Hogan was dropping belt to him. Hogan admits to burying Bret though 'off the record' stating he wasn't ready and could be another rushed job like Ultimate Warrior was. Hogan went to shake Brets hand backstage at HOF but Bret refused and Austin grabbed Bret and said 'lets go'. Hogan wasn't sure what Austins motive was.

Hogan loved Stu Hart, Stu always wanted him to join Stampede Wrestling but didn't think the Hart family appreciated Stu's praise of Hogan and heat may have started there.

Hogan and Bret were friends again in WCW though. But when Bret left WCW, the heat started again. TNA wanted Bret to join the company, but Hogan was dead against this and maybe came off as a prick. But he saw Brets drawings of Hogan with a steroid needle in his ass (lolol) and Hogan point blank refused to work with him. He doesnt hate Bret, he's a good guy but can't work with him.

Loved Owen, was really close, Owen used to apologise for the behaviour of the Hart family.

Hogan said he put over lots of guys in WWF/WCW, and the only person he ever regrets putting over is Ultimate Warrior. The only person he wishes he could have put over was Steve Austin.

Great interview. Enjoy!

Fake wrestling champion Hulk Hogan supported President Obama in 2008, but alas, the honeymoon is over, Hogan said Thursday during a Fox News appearance.
"I was a big Obama supporter and kinda, like, believed everything he said he was gonna do," Hogan said on Fox and Friends. "But now that nothing's happened..."
Hogan said he was still sore about the president using his theme song, "I Am a Real American" when Obama addressed the 2011 White House Correspondents' Dinner shortly after he released his long form birth certificate earlier this year.
"I kinda was a little upset that he didn't ask me permission to use my music," Hogan added. "But the change of heart is that I think I should be president. I know nothing about politics. I think a flat tax across the board would straighten everything out."
When told that the Hulk's idea sounds something like presidential candidate Herman Cain's "9-9-9 Plan," he responded, "Wow, yeah well he's not a real American like I am. . . . I've been around, people know me, they know everything about me, they know I'm for real, they know I know nothing about politics. I'll just make decisions on what's right or wrong."

I think using Real American was a joke due to all of the Trump and the Tea Party's birther conspiracy at the time. Hogan probably didn't get the joke.

I just wonder if him saying, "I know nothing about politics" applies to his influence in a wrestling promotion? ;)

Hogan always likes to spin himself when he's on TV or radio, and to some extent who doesn't ? Im sure Hogan knows how his legacy has developed over the years, the guy who played "Creative control" into the ground to save his character at the expense of the company, the guy who refused to job, dificult to work with, etc. Of course he wants to make himself look good, since the mid 90's so much of his "backstage politics" rep has been too closely linked to his in ring accomplishments and it's a tarnish.

Now HBK had many of the same traits and bad rep during the 90's but he made a concerted efort when he returned in 2002 that he would not be the same guy, and if that meant puting over another talent or losing a title match he was going to do what was best for the company. His work then greatly enhanced his legacy.

As far as what Hogan actually said, we all know Austin has said publicly he was a huge Ric Flair fan but he's never said he disliked Hogan personally, and was Hogan ever directly linked to Austin's firing in WCW ?

There are definatly two sides to the Hart-Hogan drama from 1993 - unless Vince himself opens up and talks (unlikely) we may never know for sure but likely the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Keep in mind Hogan has said he never saw Hart as championship caliber/main eventer, something echoes by others over the years, but at the same time Vince did not rush to put the title back on Brett after WrestleMania 9, he let Yokozuna have a pretty long run. If this was really a case of Hogan refusing to do a favor for Brett when he was Vince's chosen one, wouldn't Brett just got the title off of Zuna soon thereafter ? And if Hogan was really being a jerk about losing to Hart how was losing to relative newcomer YokoZuna any better, unless it was the screw job nature of the loss (with Hart the company's top face they likely would have wanted him to win cleanly).

We'll never know. Sometimes when you listen to Hart in interviews he sounds very bitter about a lot of things. Just as some people have accused Hogan of twisting things to make himself look better others have accused Hart of being a little too serious about his gimmick. The real story with these two, we may never know.

As far as Hart stealing the "Best there ever was..." phrase from Hogan I can believe that although I have no memory of Hogan using it in a wrestling promo. Hogan's own story sounded like he used it as a throw away line once or twice and Hart altered it and made it his catch phrase. Even Hulk admitted he stole aspects of his persona from Super Star Graham and Dusty Rhodes so I see no big deal there. That would be like if Ric Flair complained Steve Austin stole "And that's the bottom line..." from him because he often used a similair phrase in promos. Even if Austin did that (and I don't know that he did) it wasn't one of Flair's trademark catch phrases like "Space Mountain", "Bleed, Sweat and pay the price...", "Diamonds are forver..." etc. Heck Flair stole "Whooo" from a Jerry Lee Lewis Song he heard on the radio and got much of his gimmick from Buddy Rogers and Joe Namath, just as HHH & HBK got much of their stuff from Flair and have freely admitted it.

The Hogan stuf RE: Ultimate Warrior is old news, everyone has long known they don;t like each other and in fact hardly anyone who worked with UW wil step forward and defend him. Hogan has detractors but nothing like Warrior, who inexplicably continues to use social media to antagonise Hogan long after his wrestling career is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back