Int Region, Charlotte Subregion, First Round: (8) Giant Baba vs. (25) Taz

Who Wins This Match?

• Giant Baba

• Taz

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think the size of Baba is practically irrelevant here. The short stature of Taz actually works in his favor in this match because of his build and lower center of gravity. Taz not only knows Judo, but is a proficient mat wrestler as well. Take away the Taz-plexes and his arsenal is still well equipped. Giant Baba has lost to plenty men smaller than him and Taz would be no different. He would break Baba's legs down, grounding him and ultimately winning by Tazmission. I think Taz is just the all around better athlete and his superior athleticism would make all the difference.

I think the size of Baba is practically irrelevant here. The short stature of Taz actually works in his favor in this match because of his build and lower center of gravity. Taz not only knows Judo, but is a proficient mat wrestler as well. Take away the Taz-plexes and his arsenal is still well equipped. Giant Baba has lost to plenty men smaller than him and Taz would be no different. He would break Baba's legs down, grounding him and ultimately winning by Tazmission. I think Taz is just the all around better athlete and his superior athleticism would make all the difference.

Very good post.

Taz is a criminally underrated wrestler in my opinion. He was so intense, a great striker, grappler and submission expert and it was a disgrace how badly he was wasted in WWE.

I agree with Ba-Bomb, Taz would ground Baba after utilising his speed and take-down ability, and once you are on the mat your size means nothing. Baba would not be able to withstand a Tazzmission if it was locked in.

Taz wins this

Giant Baba will beat Tazz. Taz was a great technical wrestler and ye he has wrestled against the big men, but he doesn't have a particularly good record against them. Giant Baba is a hall of fame wrestler who is known throughout Japan as being on of the best. In fact Giant Baba in synonymous with wrestling in Japan while Tazz has been synonymous with being a commentator.

I'm going to get in trouble for this, but every match I've seen with Baba, including some of his stuff from the 60s and 70s, has nearly put me to sleep. He just bores me to death and I don't see why he's so popular. I get why he's so influential and successful, but I do not get his popularity at all. I'm taking Taz for the pure reason of his matches don't make me snore like a buzzsaw.

Taz is a great performer and his suplex machine gimmick was solid and believable. There is absolutely no way he could beat Giant Baba, but Taz deserves some respect.

There are some first round losers that don't deserve to be eliminated, Taz is one of those men. A great talent, absolutely dangerous and, at the peak of his game, a true beast.

But like has been said, he wouldn't be able to use his regular repertoire against someone a foot taller and 100 lbs heavier.

Giant Baba with a hard-fought, yet convincing win.

Taz in his prime in ECW is one of the most unbeatable wrestlers of all time. He was a fucking monster, and he was entertaining as hell on top of that.

Giant Baba is a legend and I respect him, but he was a better booker than a wrestler. He was pretty athletic for such a big guy, and I give him a lot of credit for that and his overall accomplishments, but there aren't many Giant Baba matches that are worth sitting through. And when I picture Giant Baba stepping into the ring against the Taz from 1998, I see Taz throwing that big motherfucker right on his head and applying the Tazmission, forcing Baba to tap out. I just can't see the match going any other way, so it's an easy vote for Taz here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back