imposter kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredstephenson

Occasional Pre-Show
dont know if this has been covered before but i was just thinking about the imposter kane storyline were a fake kane showed up and beat up the real kane it never actually went anywhere and was cut short probally due to the dull crowd reaction when they had a match this annoyed me as i was actually very interested in this storyline and i was just wondering were do ya all think it would of gone if the wwe would have stuck at it the obvious choice is something leading to the remasking of the real kane or maybe the even the introduction of a new kane/undertaker style character anyways what do ya think would of happened or do ya think wwe was right to scrap this angle before we got a real conclusion

I too liked the angle but it was porrly work and it was during a time period where people were hyped about the newly reformation of DX and ECW's invasion of Raw. Maybe if they worked it better and had The Undertaker and Paul Bearer involved in some way it would have been better.

Kane (Glen Jacobs) would of ultimately came out on top (obviously) and Drew would of went on to gimmick Festus, it was only ever a feud into SummerSlam that would play upon WWE's 2006 Attitude Era Revival.

I think it would have still ended the way it did, with Kane taking back the mask, but there was no point because he didn't do anything with it.. I enjoyed these mind games being played on Kane for a change and then when Imposter Kane showed up, I was shocked just like everyone else, we didn't expect it.. And The crowd reaction was absolutely DEAD when Imposter defeated Kane at Vengeance, I was shocked and I think so was the crowd, thats why we got little to no reaction from them, because we all expected Kane to win..

I was actually interested as well at the time. I reckon it would of leaded to a series of matches where Kane would of eventually ended up on top and unmasked him leading to a completely new character altogether, and we would of probably never of seen Festus at all, unless someone else decided to play the Festus character.

I think they would have had Andrew debut as Kane's OTHER brother or EVIL cousin or something. They noticed how stupid it sounded and killed the storyline before anything else happened. I think it was the right choice. I like Kane now and his program with both Undertaker and Bearer is over. We don't need a rehashed version of it.

I believe the storyline was doomed to fail because they already did this angle before but only with the Undertaker. But I do have to say the imposter look allot like the Taker..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCiQi6Mz8T4
It was one of my favorite matches of all time. But what I am saying is you can only kick a dead horse so many times.

I actually have a friend who use to work for WWE creative, and he told me a little bit about this particular storyline...

It was originally pitched a few years before the storyline and the original plans called for The Undertaker to confront a recently unmasked Kane and accuse him of not really being "Kane." The true Kane spent years in an insane asylum and this imposter was a fellow patient who took on Kane's identity, hence the lack of burns and scars from the supposed fire. Then the "real" Kane would debut and feud with the imposter. Obviously the story changed quite a few times in creative and the May 19th angle was what we were left with.

I loved this angle, and i was disappointed that it ended so quick. when i first saw imposter kane..i was like YES!, because i remember watching kane when i was a little kid, it brought back memories. I wish that these two had more matches, and a longer storyline :banghead:

I couldn't understand the original poster's message. One long run-on sentence with terrible grammar is not a good way to get your point across. However, after reading through the follow up posts I have a good idea what is being talked about here.

Actually, I had forgotten about the second Kane storyline, but I think it was probably a good thing it was scrapped. Already, the entire backstory of Kane and Undertaker and their childhood and Paul Bearer and all that nonsense is more ridiculous than a plotline from a low budget soap opera. Honestly, I can't even remember all the strange twists and turns that took, and to add yet a new player and have to reintroduce all that nonsense would probably end up taking more time and effort than it would have been worth.

However, if it is true that the original plan was to make this new kane the original kane from an insane asylum...I don't know, that seems pretty ridiculous too. I don't think that we can really expect to believe that the WWE would now be hiring someone who has been locked up in an asylum for a decade or so now.

I think in the end it's probably best the whole storyline was scrapped.

This character had an expiration date from the very beginning. All imposters do, be it Fake Kane, Underfaker, Fake Diesel (who, by the way, was portrayed by Glenn Jacobs aka Kane) or Fake Razor Ramon. They all have something important in common: The vast majority of the audience farted on them.
Where would fake Kane have gone? I suppose the real Kane would eventually have defeated him at a PPV and then he would have disappeared into some special effects... Just like the Underfaker. Maybe the real Kane would throw him into a fire pit or something. Was it designed to remask the real Kane? I hope not. I don't think it would be a good idea for him to do that.

Edit: By the way, Kane himself almost falls into the same category. While his character never was the imposter of someone, he was from the very beginning but an Undertaker-clone. A guy whose sole purpose was to be fed to the Undertaker. I don't think many people within the company expected this character to evolve and take on a life of it's own like it did and have such amazing longevity. Kane is kinda the exception of the bunch. But cloning the clone just failed miserably.

Another massive fail of a Kane storyline. This had amazing potential but was ruined pretty quickly, imo. Everything was great until the first time the imposter kane came down the aisle with that ridiculous hair. He looked like 80s rocker Kane...and then they come face to face, and its obvious that Glenn has a noticeable height and weight advantage over his opponent. It looked pretty silly overall and the crowd quickly lost interest. So I think they just picked the wrong guy for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back