Impact Wrestling will soon be the second most watched wrestling show of the week.

Smackdown may be "bad"

but TNA/Impact Wrestling is absolutely TERRIBLE

I used to watch TNA before Hogan and Bischoff went and dragged the company into the garbage can. They have plenty of talented wrestlers that put on great matches, but they have to many other issues holding them back, the two biggest being Bishoff and Hogan. Until they are gone completely from the Company TNA will not be able to compete with the WWE.

Smackdown may be "bad"

but TNA/Impact Wrestling is absolutely TERRIBLE

I used to watch TNA before Hogan and Bischoff went and dragged the company into the garbage can. They have plenty of talented wrestlers that put on great matches, but they have to many other issues holding them back, the two biggest being Bishoff and Hogan. Until they are gone completely from the Company TNA will not be able to compete with the WWE.

You shut up bitch!

Bischoff and Hogan are not holding them back, they're pushing them forward. Some of the changes may not have been the best, but they have fixed them. You don't see Hogan's friends running around the place and they've been pushing for a rename of the company and to get it out on the round.
One of TNA's problems is that they're loyal and give some people to many chances. Devon is nothing as a singles wrestler. Ever giving Tommy Dreamer was a bad idea. And some of the TNA Originals have had a hard time staying over such as Morgan, Joe and Jay Lethal (whose now gone.)

But they've done a bit of good in their time their as well and everyone is getting a shot, even if they shouldn't, like Jesse Neal.

Never call TNA terrible, your turrible.

*get it out on the road
*ever giving Tommy Dreamer a mic (does he remind anyone else of Louie CK?)

Most of you just wast to see the flips and twirls, don't worry they're coming, but it's not going to be the entire show. But hopefully we'll be seeing 2-3 X Division matches a show in the near future. I don't think they're going to tease you by bringing in these old guys for just one night. I think the X Division will soon look something like the WCW Cruiserweight Division use to be and I believe this because that's what Eazy E knows.

Don't like other people's opinions do you?

That was just between me and French Kiss. We have a weird relationship.

Anus, what is it that you'd like to see from TNA?
I think you'll be happy to see Daniels, Kaz, AJ, Joe, Shelley, Aries, Low Ki, Young Bucks, Kendrick, and Amazing Red(and whoever else) consistently have matches against one another. The more matches you see involving those guys, the more you'll like the show. Am I right?

yes you are. I'm a huge fan of the X-Division it's what got me into TNA back when they first got their TV deal.

Tonight is the first time in months I plan on watching Impact so I'm hoping they don't fuck it up.

It's like a fucking purging chant. Seriously, where have I heard this lousy excuse before?

As an eternal optimist, I do hope that Impact can become the number two show. The reason that wrestling is on the decline is that there is no competition and this has two problems - WWe feels complacent to many viewers and, because of a lack of strong competition, creating viable top liners just isn't happening. Last years WrestleMania really highlighted this. As a strong number two promotion, then guys moving between the two promotions would be a big deal (think the Outsiders, Y2J, Radicalz etc back in the day).

I can understand people dooming and glooming the recent improvements as 'flash in the pan' but I cannot empathise - all fans should be cheering on Impact, better competition = better products all round!

... and yes Jenks, if they're going to be serious, they need more program time. Personally, I'd like to see a secondary (non-catchup) show.

I think the thing that screwed up the X Division in the first place was putting them against the bigger, not as agile and more established guys in an effort to get them over.

The X Division guys need to be X Division exclusive. I mean X Division guys like AJ can leave the division and compete for other titles and you can include guys like Abyss and Matt Morgan once in a while for a match because it brings a new dynamic to the match (I just saw a clip of Matt Morgan diving from the top rope onto a group of guys outside the ring ... THAT'S NUTS!) But the main thing is that you need to consistently have matches like Sangriento vs Daniels vs Sabin. The thing that gives TNA an advantage over WWE is that they are able to put on the Bourne vs Cara or Rey vs Cara type matches. WWE has no division for smaller guys who are going to be crazy in the ring and their small guys usually end up in David vs Goliath matches that can only be so appealing depending on the big man.

The X Division guys need to compete with one another and just let the rest of the roster be. If you have Kendrick vs Abyss or Abyss just happens to be involved in some sort of X Division match, that's fine ... but he can't define the X Division.

They should be giving us at least one good X Division match a week and by that it might have to be at least a three way. Sangriento vs Suicide is Amazing Red vs Daniels and I don't think anyone was floored by the two matches they had a month ago. They were decent, but they might not have even been the best match that week.

I'd like to see the X Division look like a mini ROH/Luchador/ECW broadcast rolled into one and held on the TNA show. And it should take up about 1/4 - 1/3 of the show each week. And there should be mayhem in the ring. Whether it's tornado tags, four ways, 6 man tag, tables match, battle royal etc.

You can even dabble with guys like RVD, Jeff Hardy(who I'm not ready to give up on yet) and AJ in some of those matches. There's really a lot of fun stuff TNA can do with the talent they have but I would stay away from the David vs Goliath scenarios for the time being and just let the guys show you what they can do when the go full out. They don't need someone in there whose going to slow them down.

that would fuck up the motto of the Division though.

For years they said "It's not about weight limits it's about no limits." and only having a specific weight class would screw that up.

... and yes Jenks, if they're going to be serious, they need more program time. Personally, I'd like to see a secondary (non-catchup) show.

Awesome, positive post, man.

Hmm, the secondary shows worry me. I would try adding an hour or even a half an hour to the show as it is, first. It's not like Spike has anything better on anyway.

One show that I couldn't stand was WCW Thunder, that show SUCKED! And with TNA, they tape in the Impact Zone and supposedly will be going on the road every other week, so I think 8 tapings a month or taping two shows for one week in one day would be extremely hectic.

I mean, I guess it could work, but would the second show be worth it. I know TNA use to be an hour long - Adrenaline Rush. I suppose TNA could put on an hour long show and make it better then Superstars and try and highlight their lesser known, better wrestlers, but I'm not sure what the pay off would be. Also I wouldn't want to split the roster like Smackdown/RAW and would worry about dividing the draws between shows. Could it work though? Possibly.

There's a lot of questions to be asked when thinking about two shows, like how the storylines will work out and how often certain guys will wrestle.

I think no matter what, TNA needs at least a 2 1/2-3 hour show right now. If you take the current show as it is and you add two matches(half an hour) with the guys who aren't being used as much, I think it would only increase the value of the show.

If TNA isn't going to add time/another show anytime soon, then they need to cut back on the KO's division. Who is it at TNA that thinks people care about women's wrestling? All we want to do is look at them! Bra and panties matches please!!!

Anyway, I think adding more time to Impact or another show is definitely being discussed. I don't think Impact was as set up for a three hour show/another show a year ago, as it now is.

For years they said "It's not about weight limits it's about no limits." and only having a specific weight class would screw that up.

They can keep the no limits motto, but just make sure that they're booking Max Buck vs Sangriento vs Kendrick vs Shelley instead of Shelley vs Abyss. You can still use Abyss, Morgan, Joe but sparingly. The point is, people want to see Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara, right? Well TNA needs to give us those types of matches as well. If your going to add Abyss or Morgan, it's best you do it in a match with more then two people.

If your going to put an X Division guy against a big man one week, you better make sure there is another X Division match booked on that card that's going to be amazing or know that they're are other matches involving guys like Styles, Angle, RVD, etc.

You shut up bitch!

Bischoff and Hogan are not holding them back, they're pushing them forward. Some of the changes may not have been the best, but they have fixed them. You don't see Hogan's friends running around the place and they've been pushing for a rename of the company and to get it out on the round.
One of TNA's problems is that they're loyal and give some people to many chances. Devon is nothing as a singles wrestler. Ever giving Tommy Dreamer was a bad idea. And some of the TNA Originals have had a hard time staying over such as Morgan, Joe and Jay Lethal (whose now gone.)

But they've done a bit of good in their time their as well and everyone is getting a shot, even if they shouldn't, like Jesse Neal.

Never call TNA terrible, your turrible.

I was a regular TNA watcher back when it had an hour spot on whatever sports channel it was on, I got my friends interested in TNA during that time. TNA became something new for us to be interested in and to watch. I paid for weekly and Monthly PPVs I watched "The Best of XXXX" TNA PPV offered, I was a fan, I spent money, then they brought in a bunch of talentless hacks who couldn't cut it in the Majors aka the WWE and ruined their entire company, and now their garbage. Its not 1997-2003, that style and programing of wrestling is completely dead, if it wasn't TNA would actually be competition to the WWE, but they barely hold any market share vs the #1 wrestling Promotion in the North America, deal with it. TNA will be done, sooner than later

I was a regular TNA watcher back when it had an hour spot on whatever sports channel it was on, I got my friends interested in TNA during that time. TNA became something new for us to be interested in and to watch. I paid for weekly and Monthly PPVs I watched "The Best of XXXX" TNA PPV offered, I was a fan, I spent money, then they brought in a bunch of talentless hacks who couldn't cut it in the Majors aka the WWE and ruined their entire company, and now their garbage. Its not 1997-2003, that style and programing of wrestling is completely dead, if it wasn't TNA would actually be competition to the WWE, but they barely hold any market share vs the #1 wrestling Promotion in the North America, deal with it. TNA will be done, sooner than later

Wow. What a clueless tool. My guess, you're with the crucial crew.

...There's been an upper limit on the X-Division for years. 275 lbs IIRC.

That was fucking hilarious stuff. But you gotta remember that was because they lost a stipulation match.

Abyss weighs above 350 so the weight thing is just marginal. Always has been.

It's funny skits like that that make the shows more enjoyable and add character and back stories to the wrestlers. I started watching TNA because of Sting, but one of the reasons I continued to watch was because I found skits like these entertaining.

They don't have to change their motto, but I think it'd be in TNA's best interest to book the Division a little differently (focusing on the best performers and holding mainly 3 Way and more matches.)

Current X Division:
Alex Shelley, Amazing Red, Brian Kendrick, Christopher Daniels/Suicide
Eric Young, Jeremy Buck, Kazarian, Max Buck, Robbie E, Shannon Moore,
Abyss

Now there is the current X Division. AJ, RVD, Joe, Dinero, are in the BFG series so they won't be able to really compete in the X Division until October.

Then you have Austin Aries, Zema Ion, Low Ki and Jack Evans and only one of them is suppose to be receiving a contract. The problem is, those four sound a lot more appealing then Shelley, Red, Robbie E, and Moore(the other four man match at DX.)

I'm worried about the current X Division talent. I think for the X Division to flourish, it needs a big roster and the best performers. Some of the guys have no personality and the match ups don't sound great. Alex Shelley vs Amazing Red for instance, doesn't sound the same as Alex Shelley vs D'Angelo Dinero. Or even Shelley vs Jeremy Buck, or Max Buck vs Brian Kendrick. I don't like the one on one match ups in the X Division to begin with.

I want to see the X Division as it's own little federation, which is why I'd like to add an hour to Impact. Would it be so hard for TNA to come up with an hour of programming that looks like an ROH broadcast? Then I figured it'd be best to spread it out among the broadcast, but keep their storylines to themselves for the most part.

One thing that I don't like is that TNA dropped the Sangriento character. Would it be so hard to come up with an authentic mexican costume for Amazing Red? I like the idea of Red with a mask. Evan Bourne is another guy I'd like to see with a mask.

For some reason, TNA's masked costumes usually come off looking like such shit.

Anyway, I think they need a bigger division and to keep their wrestlers segregated from the rest of the stories/characters, kind of how the cruiserweight division was for the most part. Fat Joe and Abyss can compete in the division, but people want to see good matches and TNA needs to be conscious of this. Kendrick vs Abyss is the match I'm looking least forward too at DX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back