Impact Wrestling will soon be the second most watched wrestling show of the week.

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
When Impact Wrestling over takes Smackdown, it'll be an important day in pro wrestling history.

When Impact Wrestling outdraws Smackdown, it will really show how much Smackdown has fallen and how much Impact Wrestling has increased. WWE sucks and Impact Wrestling knows it. Aside from CM Punk, the show is the same ol shit all the time. Impact's best bet is to sign Punk and let Smackdown and all of WWE production to go to shit.

Impact Wrestling is on the way up as other shows are on the way out. Impact Wrestling isn't afraid of offending sponsors or such. Impact Wrestling is the new deal in professional wrestling and the will eventually make mince meay out of the current WWE talent.

We'll also ignore that TNA's A show on a better night for TV is FINALLY catching up to Smackdown after only about 5 years of trying. Give them another 10 and they might be able to see R.....nah never mind.

Also, this is TNA. They manage to screw up the un screwupable. What's going to happen once DX is over and they go back to their regular stuff?

How soon? Are you basing this on ratings, viewers or some other measurement? How long does TNA have to put up better numbers for it to be considered a takeover?

Please be more specific.

We'll also ignore that TNA's A show on a better night for TV is FINALLY catching up to Smackdown after only about 5 years of trying. Give them another 10 and they might be able to see R.....nah never mind.

Also, this is TNA. They manage to screw up the un screwupable. What's going to happen once DX is over and they go back to their regular stuff?

The exact same thing that's been happening for the past five years? They retain their entire audience whilst everyone else gradually loses viewers. Honestly; haven't we been over this enough times by now?

The exact same thing that's been happening for the past five years? They retain their entire audience whilst everyone else gradually loses viewers. Honestly; haven't we been over this enough times by now?

TNA hasn't retained their audience for that many years. They've been very, and I mean very, slowly going up. The idea of comparing their ratings to Smackdown though is a bit of a stretch, especially given that this past week was the start of a holiday. Smackdown is going down, but if TNA regularly starts beating them, it'll be an accomplishment yes, but not one that their fanboys will proclaim it as.

TNA will find ways to keep themselves down. And IF they do start catching up all it takes is WWE to make a few phonecalls and TNA's top superstars can easily disappear and or reappear on another show....

I don't care if Impact ends up with more viewers than Smackdown. Why should I? It would be a victory for TNA, and I don't see why anyone would have a problem with that.

What's going to happen once DX is over and they go back to their regular stuff?

Well the only way I can answer that is by giving you what I hope will happen, but first I have a question for you and everyone else who feels like answering.

Would TNA benefit from increasing the show to 2 and 1/2 hours, 3 hours, or adding a second weekly show?

Now as for your question, I think in order to utilize the X Division, the show should be increased anywhere from 2 1/2 - 3 hours a night. It needs more then 2 hours for the 50+ wrestlers they have (10+ KO's included.) I think with the amount of talented people they have, they should be able to pull off a three hour show. There needs to be enough allotted time for the KO's, Tag Team's, X Division, TV and World title contenders. I think right now the KO's are receiving too much air time.

So my hope is that they do utilize the X Division and things do not go back to normal, though I don't think TNA really has a norm; they always seem to be experimenting and trying new things for better or worse. And if they're going to utilize the X Division, I don't think Kaz, Kendrick, and Abyss should be your figure heads for the Division. What I'd like to see is TNA pumping blood into the X Division and by that I mean, don't just keep using the same 10 guys. Give opportunities to guys who come cheap and you can pay per appearance.

I think D'Angelo Dinero would be a good fit for the X Division instead of having these edgy feuds with overweight over the hill competitors like Joe and Devon. I'd have no problem with Dinero being X Division champion and feuding with the likes of Austin Aries. It was Kaz (as Suicide) feud with Dinero that got him over in the first place.

What I don't like is that only 1 guy is suppose to get a contract of Aries, Low Ki, Ion, ? and two of those names are probably better X Division wrestlers then most of the current X Division. What I would do with the X Division is have a main storyline for the title, maybe even involve four guys in the title scene at all times. And then have at least one other X Division match a show where you just throw 3-6 guys in the ring and let them do that crazy flippy twirl shit everyone likes, but don't even worry about giving them a storyline until they get into the title picture.

If you spread out a couple of these matches a show, it'll satisfy those thirsty for this kind of stuff and they will only have to concentrate on writing one storyline for the X Division while utilizing the entire Division. Also, it should be clear whose X Division and who isn't.

Anyway, I'm one of the few who has faith in Bischoff. He's the same guy who introduced us to Luchadores and had the foresight to bring in someone like Sabu for either the first or second Nitro taping, back in 95. While he might not consider them capable of ever being huge draws (which I agree with him on) I think he realizes that they can be a huge asset to the show and make it better. He already has Sting, Angle, Anderson etc He has the draws, now he just has to put on a good show and to do that you drop in an X Division match here in their.

I have faith in Bischoff and I think we'll be seeing more and more of the X Division scattered through the show, but I think they need a longer show to do so.

For anyone who thinks the focus will be taken off the X Division or quality wrestling after this PPV - why do you think TNA is working so closely with AAA?

I don't know what it is, but I'm sure TNA has something up their sleeve as Jeff Jarrett is the current AAA Champion. TNA has also had El Zorro under contract for a long time now.

TNA is not WWE, they are always working on the next big angle.

TNA outdraws WWE in the UK already, infact it batters WWE. Why? Some say because its on freeview but thats bollocks. The reason is that the people of the UK do not have the patience to watch the same boring childish WWE shows over and over and over again. TNA puts on a much more entertaining product both in terms of wrestling and promos (recently at least).

Eventually the American audience will realise what the rest of the world knows. TNA is the future of pro wrestling for adults while WWE is for the kids.

TNA > Smackdown > Raw

For anyone who thinks the focus will be taken off the X Division or quality wrestling after this PPV - why do you think TNA is working so closely with AAA? .

To get a business relatinship. However how can you say this business relationship will make the X-Division maintain significance? There is no facts to support this.

I don't know what it is, but I'm sure TNA has something up their sleeve as Jeff Jarrett is the current AAA Champion.

Or maybe AAA feels like it would be good to have an established wrestler be thier champion just for credibiility.

TNA has also had El Zorro under contract for a long time now.

And done what with him?

TNA is not WWE, they are always working on the next big angle

:lmao:

Jeff Jarrett said last week that he's got big news from Mexico. What he hasn't let on was that he's AAA World Champion. If he were to come back with the AAA title or even mention that he was champion on TNA, wouldn't it be interesting to see where that leads?

TNA stars have been competing in AAA a while now and you haven't seen many AAA stars in TNA yet. El Zorro not being used by TNA yet is a good thing in my opinion. I think they're saving him for something. The guy is not only an awesome wrestler, but an awesome character. Maybe I am getting ahead of myself, but I definitely see a AAA presence in the future. Bischoff told Jarrett to go to Mexico with the idea of expanding. Bischoff is the same guy who brought all the luchadores to the WCW. This is a TNA storyline, not AAA wanting a credible champion (you think they can't do better then Jarrett?)

TNA is doing a lot of things right right now, I don't see why people don't have faith in them. A lot of the stuff they do right doesn't fulfill it's true potential because they don't have optimum conditions, such as a packed arena. But they work with what they have and I myself am looking forward to the show tonight as well as the future. They're giving us two PPV quality shows this next week, not even including tonights show. I just wish people would give them more of a chance and realize the effort that they are putting in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back