Impact Wrestling or TNA?

chibet

Pre-Show Stalwart
i don't get it, weren't they going for a total name change to impact wrestling? thats sure how they made it seem, and some of the merchandise and marketing is aimed at. it almost seems like they are going by both ? whats join on here? just a failed attempt at a name change? btw- nothing but love here for TNA, i absolutely love it.

I think they are ultimately going for a rebrand of the entire name, they are just taking it slow to test the waters. They want to gradually change the name to test the waters as I said and also to not give off the image of them making a mistake. Naming the company TNA was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen, I mean really? A play on tits and ass for the name of your company, that was good to grab attention for a day, then it made them a huge joke imo. The move to IW is a good one and one that needs to happen faster.

They don't even know what they're doing.

iMPACT to IMPACT WRESTLING was trying to capitalize over WWE not using the term wrestling very much

the Wrestling Matters slogan was all well and good, until they had a night of promos and 2 matches 2 weeks after.

Continuity is one of TNA's weakpoints.

They don't even know what they're doing.

iMPACT to IMPACT WRESTLING was trying to capitalize over WWE not using the term wrestling very much

the Wrestling Matters slogan was all well and good, until they had a night of promos and 2 matches 2 weeks after.

Continuity is one of TNA's weakpoints.

And it's wwe's weakpoints too..This monday night raw out of 2hr and 11minets we had 24 minutes of wrestling..

now to the point

I really don't like either. TNA always sounded like something a 12-year-old would come up with while Impact Wrestling doesn't sound like a real promotion either. I could get behind it if it was called Impact Championship Wrestling

I am also confused. In recent interviews with wrestlers from tna--or impact w/e u call it, they acknowledge it either way you say the company name.

And as of now, I think the whole "Wrestling Matters" slogan is more aimed at not necessarily less promos and more wrestling but more in-ring wrestling moves

I remember watching a video not too long ago where Jarrett was doing an interview. He basically said that right now, it's in that stage where it's both Impact Wrestling and TNA, but they are eventually going to change it completely to Impact Wrestling. But honestly, who knows for sure what they are doing.

For the time being I'd say its best to think of it like this:

Impact Wrestling is like a brand inside of TNA, it's the name TNA uses to promote it's stars and events. Much the same way that UFC is actually Zuffa, Impact Wrestling is actually TNA.

Its also not drastically different from what WWE does, TNA just has the one brand, while WWE has two brands to represent their product due to the size and scope of their business. TNA's performers are "the stars of Impact Wrestling"- just like the WWE refers to it's wrestlers as "Raw Superstars" or "Smackdown Superstars". WWE even refers to their house shows as RAW and Smackdown shows to indicate to their fans which roster members they will likely see, so they clearly want their stars and events identified by the TV product they represent; what TNA is doing is similar, they are choosing to have their wrestlers and wrestling events identified by the TV product they represent- Impact Wrestling.

A fail to see any reason to be confused.

I just think changing it to Impact Wrestling is dumb, the fans can't even chant that.. Impact Wrestling doesn't sound right and IW is just weird.. like others have said, they should change it to Impact Championship Wrestling or Impact Wrestling Championship.. having the fans chant ICW or IWC sounds good :)

wrestling promotions usually always have the 3 letters, WWF, WWE, ECW, WCW, ROH.. whatever.. having it have just 2 with IW is kind of ******ed.. i say stick with TNA unless they come up with a 3 worded name that has the word Wrestling in it :)

they could just go with TNW, Total Nonstop Wrestling :)

I just think changing it to Impact Wrestling is dumb, the fans can't even chant that.. Impact Wrestling doesn't sound right and IW is just weird..

wrestling promotions usually always have the 3 letters, WWF, WWE, ECW, WCW, ROH.. whatever.. having it have just 2 with IW is kind of ******ed.. i say stick with TNA unless they come up with a 3 worded name that has the word Wrestling in it :)
:lol:

I always say ROH as ROE not R.O.H. TNA needs to quit with all these generic combat phrases i think. Impact itself was a lame name for a show. Xplosion was too. Raw, Nitro, Superstars, Jakked, were all cool and imaginitive names. Epics? Global Impact? WTF.. TNA needs to stick with TNA and it needs to stand for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling as well as an alternate name that makes the A stand for wrestling so you can just say TNA. Transnational something that means wrestling in another language that starts with an A.

And you cant push a brand in a small company. The only reason WWE could have ECW, Raw, and SD! was because it was massive enough to split. Impact is all TNA has to offer up.

It reminds me of on Star Trek TNG when they would split the soucer part of the ship from that bottom part. WWE can pull that off but tna is like those little box miniships they take from the port on the ship when they wanna do something in space or on a planet.

The way I choose to interpret it is that TNA is the company name, Impact Wrestling is the brand name.

Now why the PPVs still go by TNA, I have no clue...

i don't get it, weren't they going for a total name change to impact wrestling? thats sure how they made it seem, and some of the merchandise and marketing is aimed at. it almost seems like they are going by both ? whats join on here? just a failed attempt at a name change? btw- nothing but love here for TNA, i absolutely love it.

Impact Wrestling is the show while TNA (Total Nonstop Action) Wrestling remains the official name of the federation. I agree with everyone who thinks the whole company should have been renamed Impact Wrestling but they might have decided against it due to the fact that they have already begun building a brand name and would have to start from scratch if they changed everything rather than just their flagship show. It's better for their business if they retain the TNA name because it has been around longer and they might not be in a place financially where they can rebuild from scratch, having a name some people are familiar with helps even if it's one that's a little strange like TNA.

It'S there really a difference between the 2 really? Just look at IMPACT Wrestling, what do you see? Pretty much the same product TNA was producing before the stupid name change. Plus since they're PPV is still TNA PPV it confusing to new fans that might want to see TNA after buying a PPV or Vice Versa.

For exemple, I would convince one of my friend to give TNA a try by watching Bound for glory with me, My friend likes what he see and decide to give them a try and watch there show on thursday, but the problem is that the show isn'T TNA Impact it'S IMpact wrestling, so my friend doesn'T found the TNA show even through i told him about it and decide to watch something else.

TNA really need to decide what they want and stop listening to guys (HOgan, Bischoff,Russo) that cleary are out of touch with today's wrestling fans. You want to be Called Impact Wrestling then use that name for everything, You want to Continue using TNA, then use it everywere but stop using 2 different name for one company, it'S confusing and doesn'T help the company at the end.

And it's wwe's weakpoints too..This monday night raw out of 2hr and 11minets we had 24 minutes of wrestling..

now to the point

I really don't like either. TNA always sounded like something a 12-year-old would come up with while Impact Wrestling doesn't sound like a real promotion either. I could get behind it if it was called Impact Championship Wrestling

I love how someone will criticize TNA and almost immediately someone has to come to their defense by bashing the WWE. The issue with TNA is that they claim "WRESTLING MATTERS". WWE does not even consider themselves a wrestling company, so your point is moot. And if you want to get technical, WWE, the "sports entertainment" company had 24 minutes of wrestling in a 2 hour show, while TNA last week had about 7 minutes of wrestling, therefor the WWE had more than 3 times the amount of wrestling on their "sports entertainment" show, than TNA did on their "wrestling" show...

For the time being I'd say its best to think of it like this:

Impact Wrestling is like a brand inside of TNA, it's the name TNA uses to promote it's stars and events. Much the same way that UFC is actually Zuffa, Impact Wrestling is actually TNA.

Its also not drastically different from what WWE does, TNA just has the one brand, while WWE has two brands to represent their product due to the size and scope of their business. TNA's performers are "the stars of Impact Wrestling"- just like the WWE refers to it's wrestlers as "Raw Superstars" or "Smackdown Superstars". WWE even refers to their house shows as RAW and Smackdown shows to indicate to their fans which roster members they will likely see, so they clearly want their stars and events identified by the TV product they represent; what TNA is doing is similar, they are choosing to have their wrestlers and wrestling events identified by the TV product they represent- Impact Wrestling.

A fail to see any reason to be confused.

Well done man. most people use quotes to try and squash some1 but i complete agree with you. Impact wrestling is a show within TNA. I also personally like the TNA (total nonstop action) it was original and fun. Also to be the IMPACT WRESTLING HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION sunds stupid. Just say world heavyweight or TNA CHAMP. much quicker and to the point. TNA should use TNA for its belts titles, also to be the oversight of all shows it represents. Like WWE AFTERMATH WWE RAW WWE SMACKDOWN. it should be TNA impact wrestling. TNA CHAMP TNA REACTION!!! makes most sense. to get rid of TNA in the name wud be to get rid of the companys core. they did enough of that when changing the ring. (dnt try n say it originally had 4sides) TNA got noticed more with 6

I love how someone will criticize TNA and almost immediately someone has to come to their defense by bashing the WWE. The issue with TNA is that they claim "WRESTLING MATTERS". WWE does not even consider themselves a wrestling company, so your point is moot. And if you want to get technical, WWE, the "sports entertainment" company had 24 minutes of wrestling in a 2 hour show, while TNA last week had about 7 minutes of wrestling, therefor the WWE had more than 3 times the amount of wrestling on their "sports entertainment" show, than TNA did on their "wrestling" show...

This is best thread ive been on for people making most sense. well done to wrestlingxp. WWE can get away with basically no wrestling in a show after a PPV and setting up for next months PPV because as stated they are a "sports entertainment" company. I thought raw was excellent because of its promos n sketches! If "wrestling matters" to TNA how about having james storm wrestle kurt angle and win rather than a 2 minute match which makes every1 look weak

This is best thread ive been on for people making most sense. well done to wrestlingxp. WWE can get away with basically no wrestling in a show after a PPV and setting up for next months PPV because as stated they are a "sports entertainment" company. I thought raw was excellent because of its promos n sketches! If "wrestling matters" to TNA how about having james storm wrestle kurt angle and win rather than a 2 minute match which makes every1 look weak

Exactly, and thats the thing. Most TNA marks here make it out to be a "TNA vs. WWE" which it doesn't need to be. Personally, I try to watch all wrestling. WWE, TNA and ROH. I personally would love for TNA to thrive and to become a real contender to the WWE, because some of the best times I have had watching wrestling was when WCW was taking over the WWE and we had ECW in the mix as well. It only makes things better. But whenever people try to come on here and say what TNA is doing wrong, you have a bunch of regulars on here crying and saying "well WWE does this and WWE does that". TNA started this whole "wrestling matters" movement and aren't backing it up, and I think it is right for fans to call them out on it. Comparing the two is ridiculous. Take a hit TV show and one that didn't do so well. Would you come on here and say "Joey only had 5 minutes of comedy, but Friends did too"? It's apples and oranges. Friends was successful, Joey was not. WWE is successful and sadly TNA is not. 1.4 or not, they shouldn't be "touting" that, but rather trying to improve even more.

Which also brings up another point. I was posting on the main board in the discussion with a guy who said that WWE screwed up because they let veteran talent like Xpac go and pushed the younger guys. Seriously? That is the problem in TNA. They keep the vets around in the main spots and the homegrown talent who are jobbing to them all the time end up looking foolish. Yeah, you can say they gave the title to James Storm, but as you said, in that match, neither man came out looking very good. Bringing in all these old timer ex-WWE guys and pushing them to the top just makes it look like WWE is a superior product and TNA below them. I understand bringing in big names from time to time, but you use those names to help put over the younger talent. Where would WWE be right now had they not pushed guys like Cena and Orton? I just wish TNA could understand this. Seems like the people in charge have no intention of making this thing succeed and only use it to fill their wallets. Same thing happened to WCW, and the sad thing is, TNA is no where near the level that WCW even was when they folded. If TNA wants to be around for years to come, they need to change. Period.

They come off PPVs where the amount of wrestling is 3 hours and it's not backing it up? You honestly want them to wrestle for 2 hours straight with no logical storylines behind it?

Pro-Wrestling is called PROMO Wrestling in AMERICA. Where storylines draw people into watching. If you wanted to see men fight for no reason, that's why MMA is popular here.

If meaningless 5 star matches every week was the new wave (slag for trend) then a company or promotion like ROH would have a legit TV deal and would have a fincial backer instead of of some shitty limited affliation deal.

"Wrestling Matters" = Matches, Heart, Blood, Sweat, Storylines, Promos, Emotion and Fans. Those are what makes wrestling, wrestling. Take away any of that and it is not enjoyable.

The concept of a TV show is to draw people to buy the PPV. Some companies have adapted TV PPVs for high ratings and buzz, exposure and also to drive up the value of their show to get their TV deals more money which is what UFC has with Fox.

The concept is to attract a certain level of build and a payoff of a must see or interesting match up to be aired on a PAY PER VIEW. You PAY TO SEE THE MATCHES.

You cannot complain about 2 hours of non-wrestling on a TV show because that destroys the concept of buying it.

When TNA put the belt on James Storm on TV after the PPV, that's called generating interesting for the next show which generates interest towards the PPV.

THAT is how you create buyrates, money, buzz, exposure, drives up ratings and creates more money to be made if you sign a new deal with your broadcaster (SPIKE TV).

That is how it works. Therefore, Wrestling Matters but do not think they are going to turn into some ******ed Indy company that just gives you countless matches with no reason behind it. They have certainly delivered their fair share of matches to prove it along with WWE this past summer.

Anyways, Impact Wrestling is the brand. However, the company will change to "Impact Wrestling" Instead of "TNA" probably by next year.

Impact Wrestling sounds so much better than "Total Non Stop Action [TNA]" which just sounds like a kids TV show.

They come off PPVs where the amount of wrestling is 3 hours and it's not backing it up? You honestly want them to wrestle for 2 hours straight with no logical storylines behind it?

Pro-Wrestling is called PROMO Wrestling in AMERICA. Where storylines draw people into watching. If you wanted to see men fight for no reason, that's why MMA is popular here.

If meaningless 5 star matches every week was the new wave (slag for trend) then a company or promotion like ROH would have a legit TV deal and would have a fincial backer instead of of some shitty limited affliation deal.

"Wrestling Matters" = Matches, Heart, Blood, Sweat, Storylines, Promos, Emotion and Fans. Those are what makes wrestling, wrestling. Take away any of that and it is not enjoyable.

The concept of a TV show is to draw people to buy the PPV. Some companies have adapted TV PPVs for high ratings and buzz, exposure and also to drive up the value of their show to get their TV deals more money which is what UFC has with Fox.

The concept is to attract a certain level of build and a payoff of a must see or interesting match up to be aired on a PAY PER VIEW. You PAY TO SEE THE MATCHES.

You cannot complain about 2 hours of non-wrestling on a TV show because that destroys the concept of buying it.

When TNA put the belt on James Storm on TV after the PPV, that's called generating interesting for the next show which generates interest towards the PPV.

THAT is how you create buyrates, money, buzz, exposure, drives up ratings and creates more money to be made if you sign a new deal with your broadcaster (SPIKE TV).

That is how it works. Therefore, Wrestling Matters but do not think they are going to turn into some ******ed Indy company that just gives you countless matches with no reason behind it. They have certainly delivered their fair share of matches to prove it along with WWE this past summer.

Anyways, Impact Wrestling is the brand. However, the company will change to "Impact Wrestling" Instead of "TNA" probably by next year.

Impact Wrestling sounds so much better than "Total Non Stop Action [TNA]" which just sounds like a kids TV show.

It doesn't even matter what I say because you are going to back them up no matter what. They give you a TWO HOUR wrestling show with SEVEN minutes of actual wrestling in a company that states that WRESTLING matters and you are gonna eat it up and tell them how great it tasted. That is exactly what is wrong in this business. I am not saying they have to have 2 hours full of wrestling, but I do think they need more than SEVEN minutes.

Regardless of how you want to spin it, TNA started this whole "WRESTLING MATTERS" campaign because they seen an opening from the WWE since they were moving away from from the term "wrestling". They were coming out and saying how "different" they were and how they are a "wrestling" company, yet they are doing the same exact thing as the WWE, but worse. If you can not see that, then you are blind. As I said, they can keep doing the same stuff they are doing now, and they can sit there and spin how great their 1.4 rating is, but we all know that nothing is going to change and TNA will most likely be out of business in a few years and just another tape library for the WWE. If they were doing everything so right, they would be progressing. Yes they got a 1.4 (which is not that impressive), but lets sit back and see what the rating is this week, shall we?

what was the TV show called before the change? my guide on TV always used to call it Global Impact. the way I see it the name change was just the name of the TV show to "Impact Wrestling". the actual company name is still TNA.

I don't watch WWE, but in WWE the company they have a TV show called RAW.
WWE-TNA. RAW-Impact Wrestling.

I don't think the company name should be Impact Wrestling.

It doesn't even matter what I say because you are going to back them up no matter what. They give you a TWO HOUR wrestling show with SEVEN minutes of actual wrestling in a company that states that WRESTLING matters and you are gonna eat it up and tell them how great it tasted. That is exactly what is wrong in this business. I am not saying they have to have 2 hours full of wrestling, but I do think they need more than SEVEN minutes.
Okay, so 10 minutes. Please tell me, how much times can you give a roster of 41 people during a 2 hour show and not inculding promo time to build matches and commericals? You and everyone else loves to add problems and never sulutions.

Tell me how do you book over 15 regulars, over 2 hours over commercial time. Keep in mind, Spike isn't as big as USA, so more commercials instead of less.
Regardless of how you want to spin it, TNA started this whole "WRESTLING MATTERS" campaign because they seen an opening from the WWE since they were moving away from from the term "wrestling".
Agreed. But that was also a given excuse to mold their alternative product.

They were coming out and saying how "different" they were and how they are a "wrestling" company, yet they are doing the same exact thing as the WWE, but worse. If you can not see that, then you are blind.
Doing the samething? I'm sorry but I do not see a John Cena clone on IW. You clearly want TNA to be ROH, and it does not work that way. People want WWE to be TNA, It does't work that way. People want ROH to be TNA, doesn't work that way.

Deal with what's there. Both companies have to cater to masses of fans. The IWC is a small percentage. TNA is a mainstream #2 company that is catering to older fans than WWE but still aiming at casuals. The IWC doesn't draw 2 million. If they want to focus on storylines then that's what makes them money in the long run, then what's what they should do.
As I said, they can keep doing the same stuff they are doing now, and they can sit there and spin how great their 1.4 rating is, but we all know that nothing is going to change and TNA will most likely be out of business in a few years and just another tape library for the WWE.
:lmao:

You just tell me how that is going to happen.

If they were doing everything so right, they would be progressing. Yes they got a 1.4 (which is not that impressive), but lets sit back and see what the rating is this week, shall we?

2.2 million viewers, #2 in the 18-49 demographic behind Jersey Shore finale and 5th overall in Cable TV ratings isn't impressive. Okay.

I can respect you if you were coming here as a fan with your own opinion and pessimistic but if you are going to be bias and a total WWE fanboy about it then there is nothing to say.

I like TNA personally. I was confused when I looked in the paper at the nightly tv schedule and saw IMPACT the very first time.

Impact Wrestling, for sure. The "WWE" name works because it has established itself over the course of several generations. Everyone has heard of the WWE, and most non-watchers can't tell you the difference between wrestling promotions. EVERYTHING that has to do with pro wrestling is "the WWE" to people that don't watch wrestling.

That's why I like Impact Wrestling. TNA is ambiguous, and nobody knows what it stands for (outside of a porn category) because they're not a mainstream product. If you're flipping channels and using the on-screen guide, you see Impact Wrestling and you know what you're going to get. It's wrestling, but it's not the WWE? Hmm... TNA is nice, easy, and short for logos and merchandising, but the name is better as Impact Wrestling. Hands down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back