• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IMPACT Wrestling LD for 10.24.13 — The Aftermath of BFG, LIVE from Salt Lake City!

The entire idea of this is to do the Punk/walkout angle "correctly," where AJ will most probably bring the title to Wrestle-1 in Japan or appear on Bellator in the crowd with it or some shit, but the premise is still the same.

CM Punk left with the WWE Championship in kayfabe because his contract had expired and he was tired of the way WWE had became and because he wanted change, quote, "I can't change the WWE sitting on my couch in Chicago".

AJ Styles has left with the TNA World Heavyweight Championship because his contract has expired and he is tired of the way Dixie Carter is running TNA and because he wants change - I got no quote here, I'm sure you'll find one.

I'm not shitting on the angle here, I don't care to be honest, almost everything in wrestling nowadays is a rip-off of something, but to say this angle isn't very similar to the CM Punk one is denial. It doesn't have to be a bad thing, but denying it when its painfully clear only makes up for the insecurities of a fan to admit it.

And kayfabe Punk was prepared to leave the company, with title in hand, if things didn't change. Kayfabe Punk had no interest in re-signing with the company, and was perfectly content to walk out of the company with the main title around his waist, which he consistently threatened to do. Sound familiar?

Nope and this where they differ in big way at least to me AJ doesn't want to leave and isn't content with leaving he was offered a very lucrative contract with more then he has had in a contract and still turned it down because he can't stand Dixie and while Punk threatened to leave he was only gone two weeks a way to make AJ's story even more different then Punk would be to have AJ actually be gone for a much longer a period of time and defend the title in other companies and take advantage of the partnership with Muta's promotion and have him go to Japan and defend his title in that or at a AAA show and maybe even have him do in some of the Bigger Indy promotions in the US

Watching it now and.......... WHY THE FUCK DOES DIXIE CARTER GET A PROPER ENTRANCE VIDEO?!?!?

GOD-FUCKING-DAMMIT!!!

Good grief, the crowd is white hot. Like almost post-Wrestlemania white hot. There's more people here than at BFG, right?

Yup. I was right. The only thing missing was AJ coming out in a suit and taking it off halfway through the promo. This is just like after Austin won the title from Shawn Michaels and holy shit, Dixie just implied sex.

A redneck that says he's gonna cause trouble and beat people up. You people seriously don't see the resemblance? He's even reimagining a segment Austin did.

Wow. The crowd is so hot I don't they care the show has gone for 20 minutes with no wrestling.

The more of these wide shots I see of the crowd, the less I want TNA to go to the Impact Zone II.

TNA is pretty good at taking lowercard WWE guys and giving them god gimmicks. They never get any credit for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back