IMPACT Wrestling LD for 05.10.12

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
ImpactWrestling.jpg

Live Discussion for 05/10/12

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.jpg

There will be an update on "Cowboy" James Storm and his future in TNA
after he walked away from the ring after his loss to Roode at Lockdown

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.jpg

Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING will also feature the final confrontation
between "The Blueprint" Matt Morgan and "The Undefeated" Crimson

2.jpg

The lovely but lethal TNA Knockouts will be in action as
Brooke Tessmacher battles Velvet Sky

It's the final countdown to Sacrifice! What will happen between World
Champion Bobby Roode and challenger Rob Van Dam just days
before their big match? Tune in and find out!

All this and much more on Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast on SpikeTV at 9/8c!

Can't watch IMPACT WRESTLING on Thursday? Make sure to set your DVR to record it!

[YOUTUBE]wMZeeSjRlko[/YOUTUBE]

sacrificeposter.jpg

[YOUTUBE]LnOYULhPf48[/YOUTUBE]

The road to the May 13th Sacrifice Pay-Per-View event continues!

Honestly, I hated it at first, but Roode's haircut really doesn't bother me all that much. This just makes him look even more like Rick Rude. :D

Yfis87zh1cH3zI9.jpg

Roode cuts great promos.

I haven't watched in like 3 weeks and the problem is that he's saying the EXACT SAME THINGS. That's the thing with the product today. We watch some long title reigns but sometimes it gets too long where literally nothing new happens and it's just on repeat cycle. That's how I feel watching this right now. Total auto-pilot for the main event scene.

I haven't watched in like 3 weeks and the problem is that he's saying the EXACT SAME THINGS. That's the thing with the product today. We watch some long title reigns but sometimes it gets too long where literally nothing new happens and it's just on repeat cycle. That's how I feel watching this right now. Total auto-pilot for the main event scene.

I'm fine with it. He's playing his character to a tee.

You know what the thing is? If somebody like say a Garett or a Crimson told people to stay tuned and watch, chances are people wouldn't do it. But because it's Bully Ray and he is basically the most watchable heel in wrestling right now, some will genuinely watch the show just to see what he does.

I'm fine with it. He's playing his character to a tee.

To each their own. I'm bored with it, which is why (well that and having other things to do) I haven't watched much in the last month. For me, Roode has turned into the American version of Alberto Del Rio without the cool finisher. You can predict his promo before he says it:

"Here's the stuff I did to get the upper hand at the end of last Impact. It'll take me 5 minutes to describe this and for some reason me telling you what you already saw should get you to hate me more. Then, I'm going to have poor insults about the guy that I'm facing and that'll take two minutes. Finish up with the it factor and longterm champ stuff which I have to say because it's my catchphrase that isn't at all necessary and isn't that creative either and you have my promo."

I'm sorry, but his reign needed to end to Storm. Maybe then he'd have adversity and there'd be a little interest in his character.

Some times I can't believe that is Brooke Adams. She was in that Extreme Expose thing and shes came out better than Kelly Kelly who more or less was Extreme Expose. Not that being better than Kelly is hard.

To each their own. I'm bored with it, which is why (well that and having other things to do) I haven't watched much in the last month. For me, Roode has turned into the American version of Alberto Del Rio without the cool finisher. You can predict his promo before he says it:

"Here's the stuff I did to get the upper hand at the end of last Impact. It'll take me 5 minutes to describe this and for some reason me telling you what you already saw should get you to hate me more. Then, I'm going to have poor insults about the guy that I'm facing and that'll take two minutes. Finish up with the it factor and longterm champ stuff which I have to say because it's my catchphrase that isn't at all necessary and isn't that creative either and you have my promo."

I'm sorry, but his reign needed to end to Storm. Maybe then he'd have adversity and there'd be a little interest in his character.

He's supposed to annoy you. It's the type of heel he is. The guy who cuts every corner, only to come out and talk about how he's "dominating" the competition.

Besides, TNA is building him for the grand scale audience, not internet fans who debate these types of things. The grand scale audience do not put this much stock into exactly what he's saying and how often he's saying it. They're looking for a payoff, but the more Roode wins, the more he's established as a new star in TNA.

Some times I can't believe that is Brooke Adams. She was in that Extreme Expose thing and shes came out better than Kelly Kelly who more or less was Extreme Expose. Not that being better than Kelly is hard.

Let's not go that far. Neither are very good as wrestlers, both are pretty good to look at, both have been in magazines because of their looks, but Kelly makes more money from her wrestling gig. All told, they are the same person in different companies I think. People root for them because, you know. titties and butts.

He's supposed to annoy you. It's the type of heel he is. The guy who cuts every corner, only to come out and talk about how he's "dominating" the competition.

Besides, TNA is building him for the grand scale audience, not internet fans who debate these types of things. The grand scale audience do not put this much stock into exactly what he's saying and how often he's saying it. They're looking for a payoff, but the more Roode wins, the more he's established as a new star in TNA.

The grand scale audience has been bored with him and has tuned out. Specifically after James Storm, who the audience wanted to win, lost and went away, ratings have been incredibly low. Say what you want about "internet fans", but those fans are the only ones who think Roode's reign is still ok. Mainstream fans have tuned out and there's evidence supporting that.

The grand scale audience has been bored with him and has tuned out. Specifically after James Storm, who the audience wanted to win, lost and went away, ratings have been incredibly low. Say what you want about "internet fans", but those fans are the only ones who think Roode's reign is still ok. Mainstream fans have tuned out and there's evidence supporting that.

No, there isn't, because fact is that ratings show that whenever a "TNA guy" is in that type of position, ratings do not reflect positively. It's why TNA has relied so heavily in the past on "WWE rejects" to sell the product. When guys like Angle and Sting were champ, ratings were always at their highest. The ONLY guy who came close was Styles, but that was in 2009 before the Hogan era — a completely different time in the company.

The reason for that, IMO, is because the "TNA guys" simply didn't have the accolades the WWE ones did. It's why TNA is toughing this out to push Roode through the roof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back