• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm sick of The New Day

I've never really been a fan of The New Day myself. When I first heard that the WWE was planning on letting Kofi, Big E, and Xavier team up I thought it was a good idea and that maybe these guys would be something similar to the NOD or at the very a formidable heel stable. Instead we get unicorn horns, trombones, Booty O's, and just an overall lame schtick IMO. Don't get me wrong I like all 3 guys as individual talents and honestly don't mind them as a trio but their gimmick is just stupid, goofy, and old at this point if you ask me. It also doesn't help that they've held the tag titles for over a year and continue to embaress Gallows and Anderson, a team that should have been won those titles by now and actually held interest in most wrestling fans minds when they first came to the company. That being said I'm glad these 3 have found a legit role in the company as one of the top stables in the WWE and not being stuck in the mid card or worse jobber status. Their having more success together than any of them did individually (though you can say Kofi was ok before the New Day) but I just hate that its with such a goofy gimmick, I understand they appeal mainly to kids but I'm sure even they feel like jackasses from time to time. Me personally I think they should either get a gimmick change or at least drop the titles to Anderson and Gallows so that their fued actually for once becomes interesting instead of the same old result.

I guess that the long title reign did affect New Day badly. Going over every challenger, while even using heel tactics as babyfaces, is damn illogical.

If a thing is great, repeating it again and again dilutes it's greatness. That's what has happened to New Day. Just for a record which is a joke for me, New Day is going over every other team.

I do like them individually still.

They need to evolve.

It was great to see a stable without a flying fuck of a chance of anything, make it as the Hottest Tag Team of an era. I don't get the gyrations but, those boys are just having fun and the people connected to that.

That being said, they have been meaningless for the past few months and are pinned at the opportune moments only to escape at the last. The E is pushing hard towards that Demolition run but I wish they had a blood feud. A genuine Freebird/Von Erich with The Bullet Club or Enzo/Cass to reach that milestone. They need to do smtg a little different.

From what i've seen in the last 2 weeks, i think that WWE are thinking about turning new day heel again, probably around the time they beat the record. i've not really for that even through i getting tired of they're act simply because they are still over with the crowd and merchandise sell seem to be still pretty good for them so it's going to be hard to turned them heel again when fans clearly want to cheer them. But will see if they are able to get the crowd to boo them again when the time comes.

I'd like to see Big E break away from New Day and become a no nonsense, beast character. Heel or face. I suppose WWE could use a new beast face.

I am going to make this short and sweet: Do you know why the New Day keeps holding the belts despite their antics getting a bit on the ridiculous side? Here is your answer: Where is Cena? You see, The New Day appeals to the same demo as Cena. They appeal to CHILDREN. Guess what kids do? "Mommy, can I have some Booty-O's?" "Daddy, can you please buy me a New Day finger?", "Mommy, Daddy, can I play the horn like the New Day?" Look, I agree with D_Henderson that The New Day has gotten stale, I also understand why they will go full steam ahead for the foreseeable future. There is really nobody there that appeals to children like the New Day does. Enzo and Big Cass are getting there, but New Day is holding the straps as long as they remain cool for children.

Not only this, but they also seem to appeal to a large portion of internet fans, women, and young adult men. Literally, they're one of the very few acts who appeal to almost every demographic that matters. They probably have more merch available on WWE Shop than anybody else on the roster, not to mention the fact that they literally created their own brand of cereal. WWE has ridden the wave with New Day and they've done it spectacularly. They turned them heel when the crowd was booing them relentlessly instead of forcing them as faces, turned them face once the crowd got on their side, and now that the reaction is shifting, have seemingly started them on another turn towards heeldom.

Their act has definitely gotten a bit stale, but it's pretty amazing that they've been able to stay fresh for this long in current day WWE. It might be time to take the belts off of them but I think they could still be used as a team for a time after, if for nothing else than helping to establish some new faces in the tag division before eventually splitting.

Not only this, but they also seem to appeal to a large portion of internet fans, women, and young adult men. Literally, they're one of the very few acts who appeal to almost every demographic that matters. They probably have more merch available on WWE Shop than anybody else on the roster, not to mention the fact that they literally created their own brand of cereal. WWE has ridden the wave with New Day and they've done it spectacularly. They turned them heel when the crowd was booing them relentlessly instead of forcing them as faces, turned them face once the crowd got on their side, and now that the reaction is shifting, have seemingly started them on another turn towards heeldom.

Their act has definitely gotten a bit stale, but it's pretty amazing that they've been able to stay fresh for this long in current day WWE. It might be time to take the belts off of them but I think they could still be used as a team for a time after, if for nothing else than helping to establish some new faces in the tag division before eventually splitting.

The only reason the new day are still champion right now is simple, vince is holding a grudge against demolition because of the fact that they are part of the class action lawsuit against wwe. That's a scenario that has happened numerous time over the years we're vince as a grudge against somebody and his trying to erase anything about their history. If it wasn't for that, I think cesaro & sheamus would have been tag champions 2 months ago. Yes the act has become stale but kids still love it so I don't see why stop it now. They should drop the belt to cesaro & sheamus at roadblock since the event will happen after they beat the record and I seem like this is the direction they are going with since they protected cesaro & sheamus since they formed the tag team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back