• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm sick of The New Day

d_henderson1810

Mid-Card Championship Winner
When the New Day first happened, a lot of fans didn't like it. They were hoping for NOD 2.0, and instead got gospel singers.

However, I enjoyed it when they were heels, because they oozed being pious and insincere. They acted positive, but did a lot of things to cheat on their opponents.

A lot of people called for Kofi Kingston to one day turn heel. I couldn't see how they could do it unless he acted completely different from his hand-clapping, smiling persona. But New Day allowed Kofi to act the same, and yet be a heel, because he was being disingenious while doing it.

New Day also gave Big E something to do, and Xavier Woods, who I find one of the most irritating people in WWE, worked as a heel, because you are supposed to get annoyed with him. He used his trombone like Jimmy Hart used his megaphone, to distract and irritate their team's opponents. They were a good act back then.

But then, something dreadful happened. Vince thought that the fact that people enjoyed and cheered New Day meant that they should be turned face, and it watered them down completely. Now they team with face teams, and fight heel teams. Now they are just another team, with annoying catchphrases and pandering to the crowd. I hate their shtick as they walk down to the ring now. Besides, they still cheat, and do all the things they did when they were heels, so why not turn them back heels.

Also, I'm sick of them as Tag-Team Champions. Their matches are too predictable now. Every match, you know that there will be a distraction, and New Day end up retaining. They never beat anyone, clean as a sheet. And they will break the record. I know they will. You know why? Because Vince wants them to break Demolition's record, out of spite because Demolition are two of the people suing WWE for concussions and other things in the group lawsuit that a bunch of ex-wrestlers are taking against WWE for past injuries. So Vince is keeping the belts on New Day, to stick it to Demolition. Gee, it makes me wish that Honky Tonk Man was also suing for past injuries, so that finally, someone will beat that joke's record of longest IC Champion, and bring some prestige back to it, when it got tarnished by putting it on an Elvis impersonator.

So New Day will keep winning the same way, and keep the titles, and they will keep acting the same way. I just wish they went back to being heels again, and being the hypocritical characters they once were, and also lose the belts. There are a bunch of teams on Raw who deserve a title run (e.g. Enzo and Cass, The Club, and Cesaro and Sheamus would be great as Tag-Team Champions), but they are being held out, because of some vendetta Vince has against Demolition.

LOL. I had intended to create this thread or just a "I'm sick of the New Day" rant for like over 6 months now. And so necessarily, you're sick of them NOW?

Point being, I'm completely numb and indifferent to them, and this has been so since February, or even earlier. If I remember correctly, it was around february or march that they started the whole Booty-Os thing?

I never everrrrrrrr got the meaning of that very first Booty promo(which was before the cereal). Because there was no meaning. It was absurd, unfunny, and dumb. Just like their feud with LON, and everything else they've done following Wrestlemania.

They're not funny as faces. They're repetitive, and the whole Booty O's thing, and them gyrating their asses(especially Big E) week in and week out (since 6-8 months) is disgusting AF. And before people negative REP me or state that I'm a racist, no I don't hate black people, or brown, white, yellow and red people. I love Booker T just as much as I love Jimi Hendrix and the actors Samuel Jackson and Denzel Washington.

But I'm disgusted by New Day, because grown men, especially big E, protruding their BUM on TV in that fashion, in PG era at that, is NOT entertaining, not funny, and not amusing. It's a revulsive sight at a whole another level because they're doing it during the entrance, as faces, so tell me what kind of message is Big E sending when he does that? "Look at me, I'm a huge guy and I've a huge BUM and I'm showing it to you because I like to entertain people" ?. Their promos aren't remotely entertaining, funny or intelligent either. They're DUMB. AJ Styles is funny. The Club's vignettes were seriously, wickedly funny (I'm doctor Gallows, he's Doc anderson, that one!)

And since the New Day are the champs, and since the "Club" which was supposed to be this phenomenal thing from NJPW have failed to win the titles from them after 15 some matches, there's hardly any point in any of it. I've failed to enjoy the Raw tag team division, it has sucked for so long now that I'm numb and indifferent to the whole division, not just the New Day, who're one of the most atrocious, unfunny and awful segments on Raw or WWE in general.

I had hopes from the Smackdown Tag Division ever since I saw American Alpha, but SDL haven't really done ANYTHING remotely of note, since the Usos heel turn.

Basically, both brands have 5 mediocre-amazing teams in Cesaro&Sheamus, The Club, and American Alpha, Usos, and Hype Bros(who're good in the ring). The rest of the teams are pretty much trash, even though I'd like to admit that Primo and Epico are good in the ring.

I digress, but the point is, the WWE will fail us when it comes to tag team wrestling just like it did between 2004-2009, when it got so awful that they had to unify the titles, and they STILL failed to reestablish the division, which was hot around 2012-2013.

Sooner or later, they'll unify the titles again.

Enjoy the New Day, Rtruth and Goldust and The Club in the same matches over and over and over again, until they finally realize they can't book interesting tag team feuds for two brands. Because they didn't , even with one tag team titles in the WWE.

Before the brand split, New Day was on e of my favorite parts of Raw. I just found them entertaining as hell. They were better as heels, then WWE realized they could make a ton in merchandise sales as faces.

Now, they have run their course, and need to move on with them. I guess WWE wants them to break the record for longest reigning tag champs. I'm sure they'll drop the belts at the Rumble.

I still like New Day, all three of them work well together and all three are good in the ring and on the mic. But yea because of the record, which we hear about all the time, their matches are way too predictable and have been for the longest time. They've become boring to tell you the truth.

Sometimes I think with these record breaking attempts we shouldn't even hear about it. Don't get out there and tell everyone week in and week out that you are that close to breaking it. Just let it happen, or don't attempt it at all. We saw the same thing with Nikki Bella. Actually with her it got to the point that she wasn't even defending the title that much, and maybe that's the best thing that could have happened.

I'm sure that as soon as the record is broken New Day will drop the belts immediately and I wouldn't be surprised if the WWE breaks them up. They've run the course and sold tons of merchandise, but not seeing a lot of unicorn horns in the crowd anymore. God help us if someone tries to break Punk's record.

The New Day have to be the most protected team in the WWE I mean the only two teams that have dominated them the club and the Wyatts were split up Enzo and Cass were made into a joke.

Honestly they fell into the same trap that most any successful act with genuine comedy value and their own crafted originality falls into the WWE- they allowed the company to reduce them to mere caricatures of themselves; instead of allowing them to be a breathing and evolving act, as they were throughout the first handful of months.

I still like New Day, all three of them work well together and all three are good in the ring and on the mic. But yea because of the record, which we hear about all the time, their matches are way too predictable and have been for the longest time. They've become boring to tell you the truth.

Sometimes I think with these record breaking attempts we shouldn't even hear about it. Don't get out there and tell everyone week in and week out that you are that close to breaking it. Just let it happen, or don't attempt it at all. We saw the same thing with Nikki Bella. Actually with her it got to the point that she wasn't even defending the title that much, and maybe that's the best thing that could have happened.

I'm sure that as soon as the record is broken New Day will drop the belts immediately and I wouldn't be surprised if the WWE breaks them up. They've run the course and sold tons of merchandise, but not seeing a lot of unicorn horns in the crowd anymore. God help us if someone tries to break Punk's record.

With them talking about the "record breaking" thing.

I didn't mind it as much with Nikki Bella, because she was a heel, who bragged about it every week to get heat, so it is more understandable that she brought it up. It was boring, but had a point. Besides, maybe I didn't care about the Divas Title back then.

With New Day, the announcers keep mentioning it, as well as New Day. It is like trying to drive the point home, again and again. As well, New Day are meant to be face now, so shouldn't be bragging about their achievements, like a heel Nikki Bella would.

The only time I really enjoyed a title countdown was when Santino won the IC belt, and had a "Honky-meter" each week, and would announce that he held it longer than this guy, or that guy (it was usually some IC Title "5-minute" wonder who is a "Where are they now" question). That was more humourous than anything New Day have done recently.

Also, yeah I hate the Booty'O's thing as well.

I agree. I think they should break the next record, if they haven't already and drop the belts. They can look at it, like a success of breaking a record and go their separate ways but not have to turn on each other. Just branch out.

Big E and Kofi could join the US Title Picture and Xavier could join the Cruiserweights. They could all go on to have single pushes but yet get together occasionally for tag matches in the future.

Guaranteed when they do split, WWE will have someone turn on someone. Maybe do it differently and just have them all mutually go their own ways for a while.

Also, yeah I hate the Booty'O's thing as well.

Somehow I am not surprised. All you ever do is act rudely and post angry things. Of all the posters to not appreciate New Day's power of positivity, you are the first I would expect to hate them. Stop your unhealthy obssession with hating Daniel Bryan and Stone Cold. Take a lesson from The New Day and try being positive for once in your life.

I'm not tired of them in any way. New Day are awesome and hilarious. They are better as a cohesive unit than they would be in singles action. Kofi would be once again stuck in the midcard, Big E would be boring once again, and Xavier would get jobbed out. Together they could rule the tag team division forever. I'm fine with a heel turn so long as they stay together and stay funny. They make the WWE a ton of money so why ruin a good thing? Heel New Day could feud with Enzo and Cass. Problem solved.

I am not sick of the New Day. I actually enjoy them with my Son. The catchphrases are catchy. The merchandise sells. The kids love them. They are only 15 days away from breaking Demolitions’ record. If any other team, besides the New Day, is going to break the records, then who should do it?? Who?? Who?? Who?? They are only 186 days away from breaking Demolitions’ combined reigns record. If the WWE is going to have the New Day break Demolitions’ record, they may as well go all the way, and break both records. I think the New Day should keep the Raw Tag Team Championship Titles till SummerSlam 2017...because New...Day...Rocks!!

I am not sick of the New Day. I actually enjoy them with my Son. The catchphrases are catchy. The merchandise sells. The kids love them. They are only 15 days away from breaking Demolitions’ record. If any other team, besides the New Day, is going to break the records, then who should do it?? Who?? Who?? Who?? They are only 186 days away from breaking Demolitions’ combined reigns record. If the WWE is going to have the New Day break Demolitions’ record, they may as well go all the way, and break both records. I think the New Day should keep the Raw Tag Team Championship Titles till SummerSlam 2017...because New...Day...Rocks!!

Who? Well the Club, for one. They are big guys, who would be believable as long-term champs.

I can see a lot in Cesaro-Sheamus being tag champs, and them still bickering, but defending the title. It would freshen things up.

New Day are popular, but so are Enzo and Cass. I think as many fans would be happy with the "Certified G"'s as champions, as they are with New Day.

Besides, why does the record need to be broken. Demolition were an awesome tag-team, and them keeping the record is believable.

You want to break a title record, have someone finally beat the f....Honky Tonk Man's IC record, and remove the bitter taste of the second-most important singles title in WWE history is held by a glorified Elvis impersonator. But Vince wants to take the record off Demolition out of spite, rather than logic.

I agree. I think they should break the next record, if they haven't already and drop the belts. They can look at it, like a success of breaking a record and go their separate ways but not have to turn on each other. Just branch out.

Big E and Kofi could join the US Title Picture and Xavier could join the Cruiserweights. They could all go on to have single pushes but yet get together occasionally for tag matches in the future.

Guaranteed when they do split, WWE will have someone turn on someone. Maybe do it differently and just have them all mutually go their own ways for a while.

The best way to do what you want would be to seperate them in the next Draft Lottery, and have one or two of them go to "Smackdown Live"!

I still find New Day entertaining really. They're one of the few comedy acts that pop up every so often who're actually entertaining and while they're not exactly a edgy sort of team, I don't really care. They're still highly popular with fans, they still move a lot of merchandise, their matches & segments draw well, etc. so they basically make money for WWE and that's not a bad thing.

Their match endings are sort of predictable but, then again, the same can be said of most any wrestlers within any wrestling company at any given time. If you've watched long enough, you generally have a pretty good idea how they're going to end and, as usual, WWE can't please everyone. They're not going to drop the tag titles until the record is broken and while having them do so would be unpredictable, you'd then have those who're dissatisfied with that popping up to vent their frustrations. If New Day cheats to win or earns a "cheap" victory, you have the various fans and writers who follow the crazed philosophy that heels aren't supposed to cheat calling them "weak" despite the length of their title reign. The matches are usually highly entertaining and often generate enough drama to generate some "what if they lose" moments via near falls, etc.

I think New Day should break Demolition's record as it's a way of cementing their spot in WWE history. It doesn't bother me that it's hyped because that's something you're supposed to do; I mean, from the perspective of a very long time wrestling fan, New Day becoming the longest reigning tag champs in WWE history is something kind of momentous. In American pro wrestling companies that've been significant forces in the business, it's been literally decades since a tag team had a longer run with relevant tag titles.

Besides, why does the record need to be broken. Demolition were an awesome tag-team, and them keeping the record is believable.

You want to break a title record, have someone finally beat the f....Honky Tonk Man's IC record, and remove the bitter taste of the second-most important singles title in WWE history is held by a glorified Elvis impersonator. But Vince wants to take the record off Demolition out of spite, rather than logic.

Personally, I have to say that I always thought Demolition was a poor man's version of the Road Warriors with a little touch of the whole gay S&M thing thrown in when you look at their wrestling gear.

While I agree that the HTM's IC title record needs to be broken someday, I don't really see Vince taking the title off Demolition out of spite. New Day is a heavily over tag team that's made a lot more money for WWE than Demolition ever did. Not every decision that's made, especially when it comes to something pertaining to a long time stat in the history of WWE, has to involve some sort of ulterior motive. It's not as if New Day isn't entertaining enough to warrant being the longest reigning tag champs in company history. Besides, they'd still have the longest combined reigns in company history with a total of 698 days.

Who? Well the Club, for one. They are big guys, who would be believable as long-term champs.

I can see a lot in Cesaro-Sheamus being tag champs, and them still bickering, but defending the title. It would freshen things up.

New Day are popular, but so are Enzo and Cass. I think as many fans would be happy with the "Certified G"'s as champions, as they are with New Day.

The Club, SheaSaro, and The Certified Gs are all great Tag Teams so far. I have no problem with them beating the WWE Tag Team Championship Title reign record, but the one thing the New Day has that those other teams don’t have is 463 days of being Tag Team Champions during this current reign and 512 days when you combined that with their first reign. I’m not saying I want the New Day to break the record, but since we’re already 15 days away from breaking the single reign record and 186 days away from breaking the combined reigns record, why not??

Demolition was my first favorite Tag Team, because they were the Champions when I started practicing McMahonism. They were towards the end of their record making reign actually. Records are meant to be broken. In this day and age, with Championship Title Belts changing hands faster than Goldberg’s and Lesnar’s last match, it’s nice to see long reigns. Plus with the return of a second set of Tag Team Championship Title Belts, it shouldn’t be that much of an issue. Do you think CM Punk would have been WWE Champion for 434 days if the World Heavyweight Championship Title Belt wasn’t active at the time??

I want the Honky Tonk Man’s Intercontinental Championship Title reign record broken too!! I was hoping Santino Marella would have broken it.

I want Lex Luger’s United States Championship Title reign record broken too!! I was hoping Santino Marella was going to create the Lex-A-Meter.

Vince is not keeping the tag team titles on the most successful tag team since early 2000s out of spite to Demolition for a concussion lawsuit spearheaded by a lawyer who has been scolded by a judge in court for continuing this lawsuit in hopes that WWE will settle. He's keeping it in on them, and will let them break the record because they have earned it.

The other tag teams in the division are fine, but only New Day and Enzo and Cass really bring entertainment value. If you don't like it, that's fine, but don't rant that "I'm feeling sick of the New Day, and you should to" when the response to them is overwhelmingly positive.

New Day isn't for the die-hard that watches every week, it is now for the arena fans who want their one chance a year to sing along and may have some extra money in their pocket to purchase, wear, and take home some merch. They put money in their own and WWE's pocket, when that dries up the tag titles will be moved and they will break up. I highly doubt records and court cases are driving these decisions in comparison to dollars.

For me, I still look forward to their segments. Some of it has gotten old but it's still more entertaining than most of the rest of Raw. It's not as much fun as it used to be but nothing ever is.

Personally, I have to say that I always thought Demolition was a poor man's version of the Road Warriors with a little touch of the whole gay S&M thing thrown in when you look at their wrestling gear.

While I agree that the HTM's IC title record needs to be broken someday, I don't really see Vince taking the title off Demolition out of spite. New Day is a heavily over tag team that's made a lot more money for WWE than Demolition ever did. Not every decision that's made, especially when it comes to something pertaining to a long time stat in the history of WWE, has to involve some sort of ulterior motive. It's not as if New Day isn't entertaining enough to warrant being the longest reigning tag champs in company history. Besides, they'd still have the longest combined reigns in company history with a total of 698 days.

Funny, though, how this is happening at a time when there is a lawsuit against WWE by fifty past wrestlers, including Nick Darsow and Brian Eadie, who played Ax and Smash.

No, it's not like Vince to ever plan something based purely on revenge or spite.

I've been sick of New Day since day one. I never found them even remotely entertaining, and a complete waste of Kofi's talents. Big E is useless, and Xavier could be a decent manager but doesn't have what it takes to succeed on his own. It makes me so angry that so many great tag teams have been buried to get New Day over. They don't deserve to have held the titles this long, and they should absolutely not be breaking Demolition's record. The fact that they'll 99% likely be doing so is an insult to all the great tag teams of the past.

New Day isn't for the die-hard that watches every week, it is now for the arena fans who want their one chance a year to sing along and may have some extra money in their pocket to purchase, wear, and take home some merch.
For me, I still look forward to their segments. Some of it has gotten old but it's still more entertaining than most of the rest of Raw. It's not as much fun as it used to be but nothing ever is.

^That^. New Day has become repetitive, but they easily get one of the loudest pops every single week on Raw. Cm Punk was the hottest thing going during his wwe championship run and he grew stale during the ending of his run. Punk even had to turn twice to keep momentum.

I personally don't have an issue with New Day and am fine with them being champion this long. The way they've retained the championships this long has been questionable but looking back their championship run, it has been pretty good. There most competitive feud was against Cesaro and Kidd, their feuds with the Wyatts and The Dudleys (#Savethetables) were their best, and their feud with The Club, although one-sided was, pretty descent.

Imo, there hasn't been a heel team that deserved to take the titles from New Day. The Club has been the only relevant heels, and they have been a failure. As soon as AJ seperated from them, the fans stop caring, even after they attacked every babyface team on the roster and "retired" the Dudleys.

Wwe's best bet would be to turn New Day so they can lose/feud with Enzo and Cass or Cesaro and Sheamus.

My opinion may mean little in the grand scheme of things since I dropped off the WWE bandwagon years ago, but New Day are currently one of the very few things in the company I actually find enjoyable. I haven't sat down and watched a show in ages, but I'll pretty much always click on a New Day video that pops up on my Youtube feed, and aside from recent JeriKO segments, that's usually the extent of WWE that I'll watch.

Several other people in this thread have hit the nail on the head. At this point, if they're still drawing more crowds, selling more merch and being more entertaining than any other team on the roster, it stands to reason that them holding onto the titles is just a logical thing.

I am going to make this short and sweet: Do you know why the New Day keeps holding the belts despite their antics getting a bit on the ridiculous side? Here is your answer: Where is Cena? You see, The New Day appeals to the same demo as Cena. They appeal to CHILDREN. Guess what kids do? "Mommy, can I have some Booty-O's?" "Daddy, can you please buy me a New Day finger?", "Mommy, Daddy, can I play the horn like the New Day?" Look, I agree with D_Henderson that The New Day has gotten stale, I also understand why they will go full steam ahead for the foreseeable future. There is really nobody there that appeals to children like the New Day does. Enzo and Big Cass are getting there, but New Day is holding the straps as long as they remain cool for children.

I like New Day, they are funny, they are good on the ring, they can cut promos.

Do i want to keep seeing them as champions? No, i would prefer to see Gallows and Anderson, because that would make the tag division more interesting.

New Day is like Cena (not for the bad reasons), or Taker, its an attraction, they dont need the titles now. At first the titles served as a way to put them on the top and get the spotlight, but now i think that they can go without them and still be a top selling for wwe.

I am neither a fan nor a hater of The New Day I am pretty much indifferent towards them. But yeah it does seem strange they have been tag champions for so long with so much competition in RAW and have looked weak at the same time.

With the way they are booked I think the only reason why they have been tag team champions for so long is to so they can break Demoliton's record.

I mean I have never seen a face tag team hold the tag title for so long but lose so many matches. Plus the way they were eliminated in Survivor Series probably indicates that people backstage don't take them seriously.

Which makes me believe that The New Day will finally drop the Tag Titles at Roadblock since they would have broken Demolition's record by then.

I've been fed up with them for a while now. It's pretty much the same thing week in, week out. I'm getting fed up with them cheating to win matches. Deliberately getting DQ'd one week, using Francesca the next, holding the tights the week after. They need to start to win clean. Otherwise they're going to start to look weak. Sheamus and Cesaro dominated the matches they had. And in my opinion they're way more entertaining.

But they'll be round for a while. As other people have said the kids love them and they are a marketeer's dream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back