I'm Going To Pick Up Two Video Games Tomorrow...

The story in COD is fun, play it on as high of a difficulty as you can, it is extremely short and very unrealistic. While there is alot of action in it, my main complaint with the story is that its constantly one big action scene after another. It almost would have been nice if there was a little break between all of the big scenes to let you really soak in what was happening/what you were playing.

Are these PS3 or Xbox games?

I have both systems, but I prefer the Xbox 360 over the PS3 (I only have Yakuza 3 and Heavy Rain for PS3).

So, Muffinman, is the COD single player mode all right then? If it's anything like Left 4 Dead single player mode, I'm staying the fuck away from it.

I haven't really played much of the Left for Dead series, how does it play?

Well, supposedly it's amazing in online, multi-player mode, but there's literally nothing to do when playing alone. There are no objectives save for getting from one safe bunker to another, there are only like 4 different kinds of zombies to kill, and there are only about 4 or 5 guns to choose from.

So, Muffinman, is the COD single player mode all right then? If it's anything like Left 4 Dead single player mode, I'm staying the fuck away from it.

The COD franchises are only like 6-8 hours long at the most, not really worth it unless you go online.

The COD franchises are only like 6-8 hours long at the most, not really worth it unless you go online.

Length isn't a concern. I only get to play for about 5 or 6 hours a week, so I'm golden as long as it lasts me a week. Is the single-player campaign all right, or will I want to shut off my console out of boredom?

There is no option for multiplayer (local or online) for the campaign, there is however, the Spec Ops which, with the right partner, can be more enjoyable than the campaign and multiplayer.

The campaign is farfetched and cramped together (action, action, action, with no breaks, as mentioned before)

The story comes right off the tail of the first Modern Warfare, so it will be more enjoyable if you have a history with that game. It is basically shooting the same guy over and over again, however the enemy has a much smarter AI and playing on the right difficulty proves challenging to get to each check point.

It is much different from Left 4 Dead. There is alot more than going from bunker to bunker, you are shooting enemies for different reasons (examples: moving forward in a level and from a vehicle as they constantly hit you from rooftops and on a roof while they are swarming you from all directions.)

After each mission, I knew that I had fun, but then had to think about what I just did to put the story together.

Dispite all of the plot holes, there is alot of big action moments to keep you entertained.

It would have been nice if they but as much focus into the campaign's story as they have in past COD games, but I think most of the attention was directed to the multiplayer.

Sorry if this message is all over the place.

All right, so, I think I'm picking up Darkness, COD 2, and Gears of War tomorrow. My interest has been piqued in regards to this Metro 2033 game, but, it's still quite expensive used, so I'll just pick it up in January when my Dead Space 2 trade-in will get me a fuckload of store credit (oh, yes, you bet your ass I reserved a copy of that bad boy as soon as I finished the first one).

Thanks for the answer, homey. If the single player campaign on COD is anything like the Left 4 Dead single player campaign, though, all I can say is :suspic::suspic::suspic:.

I've played every COD game and both L4D games, every COD game is more entertaining. Both Modern Warfare games have a great story and are very fun. COD 1 - COD 3 have predictable stories considering that they're historically accurate, but the gameplay is fun. World at War, to me, has the best story of all of the World War 2 COD games, and I highly recommend it if you can get it for a good deal.

All right, so, I think I'm picking up Darkness, COD 2, and Gears of War tomorrow. My interest has been piqued in regards to this Metro 2033 game, but, it's still quite expensive used, so I'll just pick it up in January when my Dead Space 2 trade-in will get me a fuckload of store credit (oh, yes, you bet your ass I reserved a copy of that bad boy as soon as I finished the first one).

How's the gaming going?

Got COD 2 and Gears of War. Unfortunately, Borderlands looks like it'll take me three months to finish, so I'll get to these games sometime in January (actually, scratch that, sometime in February, since Dead Space 2 comes out in January).

Don't waste your money on this. It is alright but to easy to rack up money to get to buy other guns and stuff, soon as you leave a part of the map, then go back all the enemies you just killed are back in the same place. Also whenever you save your game all spots where money and guns are hidden are back.

I thought the ending sucked as well. Doesn't take that long to beat, put there is a shit ton of boards you can buy, so like most other games on X-box it costs over $100 bucks.

I disagree with Buffalo Bill's opinion on Borderlands.

Borderlands was a good game once you really get into it. At first, it is VERY repetitive, in the sense of 'go to Point A and do this. Come back. Go back to point A and do this now. Come Back. Go to Point B. Come back. Go back to point A. Come back.'

It takes about 30 hours to complete the campaign, and about 80 to complete the story and every sidequest, so it is a good lengthy game.

I'm not too sure why he paid $100 dollars for it, as all of the DLC is optional. I platinumed the game, but never purchased any of the DLC. Also, Gearbox is releasing a Borderlands Game of the Year edition shortly witch will include all of the DLC that has been released.

The cell-shaded art style is really nice and the game looks good. The dialog is humourus and enjoyable to listen too as it flushes out the story.

Like Buffalo Bill said "soon as you leave a part of the map, then go back all the enemies you just killed are back in the same place," but as you kill them, you are constantly adding to your XP and earning new items and cash so its not for nothing.

As I got close to the end of platinuming the game, I did start to get tired of the game, but I had played it for hours straight day after day. I understand that you play games for less than ten hours a week, so they probably won't be an issue for you.

Bagel Top Merkley, I never paid $100 dollars for it, I just said when your done buying add ons it will cost you that much. I didn't buy any of the add ons myself, was just letting him know.

Yeah thats a way to get an easy way for Xp points, but kinda cheap.

Like I said it was alright, but the ending sucked.

Definitely fun to play with friends online though.

I don't think its cheap or lazy at all, like we both know there is alot of back tracking, if no enemies were to respawn, you would be just walking around an empty map with nothing to do.

Also, alot of the boss battles require you to level up to a certain point or you won't stand a chance, if there wasn't the enemey respawn, you wouldn't have the ability to level up to defeat the boss.

I don't think its cheap or lazy at all, like we both know there is alot of back tracking, if no enemies were to respawn, you would be just walking around an empty map with nothing to do.

Also, alot of the boss battles require you to level up to a certain point or you won't stand a chance, if there wasn't the enemey respawn, you wouldn't have the ability to level up to defeat the boss.

Yeah, I guess your right when thinking about it like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back