• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If You Could Bring One Superstar From Raw to Smackdown...

Captain Morgan Freeman

Taught Elvis how to play karate
Pretty simple really, if you could bring one wrestler from raw to smackdown who would it be??
It could be someone who you isn't being used at all on Raw or someone who you feel isn't being used properly on Raw or even someone who is being booked very well but you would still like to see on the blue brand.

My pick would be Scotlands own Drew McIntyre
Drew-McIntyre-6Wrestlerstars.jpg

Its not just the fact that he's done NOTHING since he was drafted to raw but i also recently watched this years elimination chamber and he was like a man possesed in the smackdown chamber. Im sure im not the only one who was impressed with him that night and i definately feel he could be used better then he is right now.
Right now on Smackdown Christian is the bitchy/whiny heel and Mark Henry is the monster heel so theres a place for Drew as the dark and sinister heel on friday nights. Personally i would love to see Drew feud with Orton/Bryan/sheamus as i feel his career is going nowhere fast on Raw.

So who would you like to see moved to friday nights???

Without a doubt, I would say John Morrison. He would be a great addition to the blue brand and due to the lack of faces on their it only makes since for me. HE's not being booked like I think he should be and although some of that is do to him, I think he would fair alot better on SD!

Elimination Chamber is McIntyre's best performance so far.

Watching it I remember actually sitting up, my jaw down to my balls, rubbing my eyes as this pissed Scottish guy flung Rey Mysterio through the glass chamber and then proceeded to literally throw Wade Barrett around like a piece of meat. Dude transformed for that match, he showed intensity that people wanted to see from him, his boring, dull, lifeless image finally escaped him but after the debris settled and dust was swept away, we got the normal, boring, robotic Drew McIntyre back and he went back to sucking.

My reasoning for not liking him is always the same. Boring on the microphone, he's like a cheap Scottish imitation of Randy Orton. He moves quite stiffly as well and overall, anybody who can't get over when he's pushed to the moon just simply can't connect with the fans. McIntyre has made an impact though since going to RAW.

Big Show and Mark Henry falling one foot and McIntyre flying off course and out of the picture was the funniest thing I've seen on RAW this year. Great RAW moment.

Back to your question, if I had my way I'd send Swagger back to Smackdown, turn his All-American American lisp having ass face and allow him to break away from the Kurt Angle-esq bullshit that WWE plagued him with. No more ankle lock. No more bullshit like that, just let the dude be what he was when he came in. Gut Wrench Powerbomb is a great finishing manuever.

Jack has potential still, even if WWE are blind to see it. But they just need to take him away, realize he isn't going anywhere as a heel, they failed with him after the World Heavyweight Championship reign and just give him a major change. I remember when Michael Cole slapped him, the fans were really behind Swagger on RAW. If they can get behind him, even though he was nose-to-chest with a pest like Cole, for one night. Then with a properly planned face turn and a decent feud with a good heel on Smackdown like Mark Henry or Cody Rhodes. Dude could reinvent himself.

My personal pick is Jack Swagger. Far better than Drew McIntyre and he has far more potential. He isn't even that over as a heel, but he's more over than McInOrton.

Hmmm I had to think of this one a while, but would go with evan Bourne. I think he would be the perfect foil to the new ic champ cody. It would also give him time to get better on the mic.

Rey Mysterio would be a good fit to come back. Have him fued with with the Heel heavy roster. He's a little guy would would work good with Christian, Kidd, Sin Cara.

I would definitely have to say Kofi Kingston. I've never been much of a fan seeing someone drafted to one show in one year's draft and then drafted back the next year. Well, that's what happened with Kofi Kingston. In the year he spent on Smackdown, basically all he did was feud with Drew McIntyre a little bit, win the Intercontinental Championship two times, and then spent way too long in a feud with Dolph Ziggler. He just seems to be more of a Smackdown kind of guy.

I believe he makes a great champion. I'm tired of seeing him every week on Raw jobbing to The Miz, or Jack Swagger, or Alberto Del Rio. He really should be having more solid mid-card feuds and then be pushed as a main eventer. I just don't see it happening on Raw.

Although we do have Randy Orton on Smackdown, but I'm not sure if that's still a problem.

Evan Bourne, Jack Swagger or Drew McIntyre...idk why they drafted Jack & Drew, but they're a mess in Raw...SD needs good mid carders to go for the IC and they might be the answer...Bourne hasn't been on SD yet! I think it's time!

I second the Swagger to SD although I don't mind the ankle lock, have him also do the gut wrench along with some more mat based moves. He does have an impressive college wrestling background so it's not too bad for him to be similar to Kurt.

Also, yes make him a determined face. Not violent but eager to prove he's turned himself around winning wise while being goofy with his running around entrance and push-ups.

Would love to see a series of matches between a more experienced/credible Swagger and either Sheamus or Christian.

I'd take Drew McIntyre back to SmackDown. He's been off the two main shows in a regular capacity for way too long and he could be a huge part of the Mid-card re-invention that in my opinion needs to happen. The whole "Sinister Scotsman" stuff I would love to happen, and to be honest I just frickin' love his entrance. Seems weird to me also that he cut a promo on Superstars a while back, seemingly debuting a new persona called the "Great American Nightmare" which got me praying for a US title programme but it never materialised.

If you were to ask me what I think, rather than what I hope, I'd think that he's been given time away from the spotlight to work on pretty much everything given that he didn't really get over as a heel much during his "chosen one" push. I believe he'll be slowly re-introduced to either one of the two shows, as opposed to coming out of nowhere and holding a title, which is essentially what happened the first time around and that wasn't a rousing success. I truly don't believe he's anywhere near done in the WWE. I believe they still have plans for him.

I would love to see Drew McIntyre come to Smackdown. Since going to Raw the most signifigant thing he's done so far is get Super Kicked by HBK and do an awesome impression of Vince McMahon.

ARGH.

When I first started watching wrestling this guy was just starting his feud with Matt Hardy (I think... I'll have to look but it came after pretty soon). At the time I was getting over Justin Gabriel (nah, I fell for him again pretty fast) and I was so impressed with McIntyre! Yes he was evil, yes I laughed when he was embarrassed but when he got in the ring I was amazed to find he was extremely talented. I know there are people out there who will have the same reaction but he never gets matches anymore and if he does they either suck or he gets tackled off the stage by Mark Henry (remember that?).

He needs to come back to Smackdown. Hopefully they'll put him in a good fued and maybe get him in the IC title run again.

My pick would be Scotlands own Drew McIntyre

Mine, too. My first choice would be to draft him to my house.......using restraints on him only if he tried to get away. Failing that, I'd bring him back to Smackdown.

But I say this with reservations because I still find it hard to believe they drafted him to Raw for the purpose of burying him. The fact he's been used only a few times (only to be humiliated on two of those occasions) makes me think they're restricting his regular TV time in order to re-package him. As someone said earlier, he seemed to be trying out a "Great American Nightmare" persona. Although it went nowhere (yet), at least they appeared to be working on stuff to do with him. If they weren't, he'd probably be off somewhere eating Power Bars with Chris Masters.

But if there's nothing planned for him on Raw, I'd send him back to Smackdown. A couple of posters have noted Drew's amazing work in the Elimination Chamber. Surely, someone in the company's brass has noticed how hard this guy has been working to earn his stripes.

John Morrison.
The Guy is getting wasted & Buried over on RAW and back in 2009 when he got drafted to SD he was right up in the upper mid card and even got a shot at WHC on SD Against Jeff Hardy.He is great in the ring but i think the holding him back is his mic skills,there aren't the best so he needs to improve on that but on SD its more wrestling so they don't focus on Promos as much as RAW do and he can improve anyway.
On Smackdown U Have 2 Top faces:Randy Orton & Sheamus and i think each brand should have 3 top Faces and his the one who could fill in that spot.

I think I would bring Swagger to Smackdown. I think he can get his career back on track on SD. Morrison and McIntyre are good choices as well.

Raw has Cena, Rey, Punk, Miz, Kofi, Del Rio, R-Truth, Riley, Morrison etc. I dont really understand why they needed to have guys like Swagger and Mcintyre. You knew they were going to get buried. You could easily give a couple of those guy tv time on Smackdown. Instead of giving air time to guys like Ezkiel Jackson and Khalil.

Have we even seen Drew since he fell off the stage? Even Bret Hart said that they should be using him more.

Drew McIntyre. He is a talent, a great talent. He's good in the ring and good on the mic yet since he's been drafted to Raw he hasn't even been used let alone used poorly. I don't see why he isn't being used, he's a lot more talented than most guys on the roster. So Drew McIntyre is definitely my pick.

I'm split between The Miz and Rey Mysterio. Rey has always been the SD guy and with Edge and Taker gone it would be nice to leave the fans with a familiar face. It would be awesome to see Rey feud with Christian or Mark Henry or Orton. Yeah awesome...wait, did I just say awesome?

The Miz is probably the only guy whos come close to Cena's level of notoriety. He seems like the perfect guy to open SD with his promos, just like Cena does on RAW. hes a top teir main eventer and a credible champion. They need a heel who can carry gold and since they dont believe in Christian they need someone like Miz. Also they're missing out on another Daniel Bryan rivalry. If they really want to make DB credible they should make him cash in on his former NXT mentor.

i would like rey to be moved to smackdown, it's like home for rey, i first saw on smackdown,
and it would be awesome him either feuding with sin cara or mentoring him

Mine, too. My first choice would be to draft him to my house.......using restraints on him only if he tried to get away. Failing that, I'd bring him back to Smackdown.

But I say this with reservations because I still find it hard to believe they drafted him to Raw for the purpose of burying him. The fact he's been used only a few times (only to be humiliated on two of those occasions) makes me think they're restricting his regular TV time in order to re-package him. As someone said earlier, he seemed to be trying out a "Great American Nightmare" persona. Although it went nowhere (yet), at least they appeared to be working on stuff to do with him. If they weren't, he'd probably be off somewhere eating Power Bars with Chris Masters.

But if there's nothing planned for him on Raw, I'd send him back to Smackdown. A couple of posters have noted Drew's amazing work in the Elimination Chamber. Surely, someone in the company's brass has noticed how hard this guy has been working to earn his stripes.

Could anyone say it better than Sally? I couldn't agree more, my choice would be D Mac without a doubt but it seems so strange that they would draft him to do nothing but use him as a joke those limited times we see him. Drew deserves so much more than being forgotten on Superstars and if he eventually gets released I might break a few doors in a fit of rage but i'm hanging onto the idea that WWE has to be doing something with him. If not, then I would have loved keeping Drew on SD where he had way more air time before the draft.

So it seems you all think Rey, or ANOTHER Jobber for SD!
No. SD needs some more Main-Eventer's. And I think I know who they need.....

The Miz
Since The Miz hasn't been challenging for the Title, his career seems to have taken a rapid slip down a very steep hill! In my view, Miz is being wasted away! If he isn't in the title picture then surley he should have the secondary rival on RAW? But no, untill the actual event, Miz wasn't given a match at SummerSlam!

So here's how I think Miz can be saved:
Trade him to SD!
Keep him Heel for a while and feud with Sheamus for the title.
Turn him face after his title run and push guys like Barrett, Khali, DiBiase, Rhodes.
Maybe introduce a new gimmick.
Improve Ring skills (IMO!)

Alex Riley. Hes a young face who if built on smackdown can actually contend in the main event. The problem with Raw is its alwayys John Cena vs ________ insert heel. Alex Riley isnt heel, so he can never be pushed to the next level on raw. Put him on smackdown, make him feud with Rhodes (which in my opinion would be awesome) and then when he finally takes the belt let him use the title to take him to the main tier on smackdown.

So it seems you all think Rey, or ANOTHER Jobber for SD!
No. SD needs some more Main-Eventer's. And I think I know who they need.....

The Miz
Since The Miz hasn't been challenging for the Title, his career seems to have taken a rapid slip down a very steep hill! In my view, Miz is being wasted away! If he isn't in the title picture then surley he should have the secondary rival on RAW? But no, untill the actual event, Miz wasn't given a match at SummerSlam!

So here's how I think Miz can be saved:
Trade him to SD!
Keep him Heel for a while and feud with Sheamus for the title.
Turn him face after his title run and push guys like Barrett, Khali, DiBiase, Rhodes.
Maybe introduce a new gimmick.
Improve Ring skills (IMO!)

Probably the only post i disagree with in this thread.
Firstly you say another jobber yet aside from Slater, Tatsu and Baretta Smackdown doesn't have any jobbers as their roster is pretty thin.
Also you say Smackdoen needs some more main eventers well why not build some younger talent to main event status on Smackdown. Guys like Barrett, Bryan, Sheamus and Sin Cara have the potential to be main eventers if booked right.

Also The idea of Miz being buried is crazy he has been out of the title picture a little over 2 months and spent that time putting over younger talent in Riley. In that time he had a title shot against Mysterio. By your standerds 90% of the roster must be buried.

Instead of moving the Miz who Vince is very high on why not move someone who would benefit with the opportunity of being on the smaller Smackdown roster and thus have the chance of being on TV every week(Swagger, McIntyre, Bourne). Putting the Miz on Smackdown would just take a spot from a midcard talent like Tyson Kidd or Ted DiBiase and move them down to superstars.

Drew McIntyre for sure... seems like hes dead on Raw, i think the WWE usually brings one guy to Raw every year that they should just leave on Smackdown, this year and so far its Drew... should have stayed on Smackdown were he could have had a program with Randy Orton...

Jack Swagger
He was World Champion on Smackdown, then got shifted to Raw for the horrid Michael Cole - Jerry Lawler feud. I would like to see him come back over to Smackdown and have a face run. He could go back in the world championship picture, he has the wrestling ability to be a mian eventer, and with a face turn his mic skills could always improve.
Drew Mcintyre
Was first going to say Jack Swagger and then saw Drew mentioned, I forgot about Drew! This is generally not a good sign. I would like to see Drew moved back to smackdown and hvae a run at the IC title. Drew and Jack have big name status compared to Cody, Ted, Cara IMO, and would go well if booked right on Mr Longs show!

I know you said one, but couldnt pick between these two!

Honorable Mentions

Other Guys I think would be good to see come back over to Smackdown, JTG, always liked his matches on Smackdown, whether having a win against The Dudebusters or jobbing to a bigger name always found JTG entertaining. Zack Ryder, had a run as Teddys assisstant, and hasn't been featured on Raw since, showed real potential on Smackdown!

Having Alex Riley on SD could do wonders for him, cuz lately he is the botch king....he needs to hone his craft WAY more...another guy is McIntyre....it was teased he would feud with Orton before moving, then hes on RAW and has made a total of 3 appearances since like April...thats sad...a feud with Orton couldve been interesting, but it seems like hes really pissed off someone backstage

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back