If the BZ Tournament happens again...

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
So, I don't know if there are any plans for another Battlezone Tournament to take place this/next year, but if there are I have a request...

Given what happens in the most recent Dragon Ball Z film, Battle of the Gods (which I will put in spoiler tags), can Goku NOT be used in the tournament? Or, can a special "god mode" bracket be made up. I do feel a great amount of the drama from the last tournament was over Goku's powers, and what Echelon did or did not consider cannon. Furthermore...

In Battle of the Gods, Goku actually becomes the Saiyan God. I thought he would just re-distribute the powers after the fight, but there was a point during the battle that he returned to SS form, losing god form, and Bills makes a comment about how he somehow managed to retain "most of the power". He actually makes it a point to say how extraordinary Goku's abilities were, and how he didn't fully understand them.

Let's put it into perspective. Goku is the strongest being in the DBZ universe until BOTG, where it's revealed there are gods of destruction and creation. Bills shows up and takes out Goku with a single hit. He dispatches of the entire gang of Z Fighters with less effort, except Vegata, which took him all of about 20 seconds. When Goku is in Saiyan God form, he is not quite as strong as Bills, but he gives him the "second toughest fight of his life". Bills was using 70% of his power in that fight, while Goku was using about 80% during the hand-to-hand battles; at least that's what he claims. Since he loses the power immediately after that comment, you can assume he never reached full potential. So even if Goku, after losing God form, only retained even 10% of that power (and that's an EXTREME conservative measurement), he's still going to be WAY more powerful than he ever was.

So basically, since gods and god-like characters have been kept out of the BZT in the past for obvious reasons, I motion that Goku not be a part of the tournament, following the recent addition of the Battle of the Gods cannon.

That is all.

Firmly going to push for Hulk this year.
1) HULK SMAASH in the supers bracket
2) Hulkamania in the normals bracket, brothurr

Also, if there's a "gods"-bracket, Talos should have a go for poops and giggles.

A gods bracket is either going to bring out the super creative posters willing to do a lot of research, or more likely, it will just come down to more of a popularity contest than the regular brackets are. When you're comparing beings that can literally snuff out whole galaxies with the snap of their fingers, it's just not even worth debating.

A gods bracket is either going to bring out the super creative posters willing to do a lot of research, or more likely, it will just come down to more of a popularity contest than the regular brackets are. When you're comparing beings that can literally snuff out whole galaxies with the snap of their fingers, it's just not even worth debating.

Yeah that happened early on in the first one and it pretty much turned into the most ridiculous arguments you'll ever seen.

Aside: did you get my PM?

Yeah that happened early on in the first one and it pretty much turned into the most ridiculous arguments you'll ever seen.

Aside: did you get my PM?

Yeah I read it earlier. I haven't been working much this week, so I've been taking advantage of my free time to move into a new place, put bookcases together, etc etc. I'll see if I can't fit it into something tomorrow, even though I'm not really on the schedule.

As it pertains to Goku, if the tournament goes forward, just have it where only the tv shows count or something. That way it disregards the Saiyan God thing and only has Super Saiyan 1, 2, 3, and 4 (if you count GT)

But the stipulation has always been that the heroes (or villains) square off at their absolute prime...

Generally seems like the only people who complain about popularity contests are the people who lose them.

Ghost Rider vs. Spawn II please, might drag Jose back for a rematch (really he won the argument, but Ghost Rider won the vote).

Also from what I'm aware, both Doc and JGlass are very keen.

I've seen the BOTG three times now and Goku's God form really isn't that much stronger. It's awesome, but not that much stronger. He's basically just a god in name only like Eneru from One Piece.

But yeah, If we do this I say we borrow information for the Outskirts Battle Dome databases as they have allot of in depth information on a variety of different characters and their different forms.

I have have an idea of how J and Doc want to run this thing anyway, so I'll that decision on this shindig up to them.

I've seen the BOTG three times now and Goku's God form really isn't that much stronger. It's awesome, but not that much stronger. He's basically just a god in name only like Eneru from One Piece.

I don't get you. This is kind of the same reasons we had arguments in the last tournament. You say you've seen things, but totally ignore and/or are oblivious to facts. And I mean that with all due respect. If you'll indulge me... Goku isn't that much stronger?

1. Bills meets Goku and the two fight for the first time.

2. In that fight, Bills incapacitates Goku with one jab. One single jab. Lays him out on the ground. You're talking about the strongest fighter Earth has ever seen. The guy that's beaten ridiculous evil demons capable of destroying planets with very little effort. And Bills kicked his ass with a chop. Not even a good chop; like, a Great Khali effort chop.

3. Bills knocks out all the Z Fighters with no effort. He underestimates Vegeta briefly, but still takes him out in a few seconds.

4. Goku becomes a god. Goku now stands blow-to-blow with Bills. Not quite as good, but good enough to put up a fight and draw blood. Good enough to be THE GOD OF DESTRUCTION'S SECOND TOUGHEST FIGHT EVER. And without god mode, he couldn't even TOUCH HIM.

So tell me. How was god mode "not really that much stronger"?

Doesn't matter if goku's god mode is allowed or not, he'll draw Kirby in the first round and lose in a landslide - oh it'll happen, don't think for even a second that it won't happen, because it will happen and you'll feel rather silly for thinking it wouldn't happen.

The tournament is definitely happening again this year. We were hoping for an October date, but life crept up on the both of us so we're pushing it back. There are some great and exciting new names and developments that I bet people will love. Once we have it all planned out, we'll roll out the hype train.

Goku, though, is definitely in retirement. He had a good run.

I don't get you. This is kind of the same reasons we had arguments in the last tournament. You say you've seen things, but totally ignore and/or are oblivious to facts. And I mean that with all due respect. If you'll indulge me... Goku isn't that much stronger?

1. Bills meets Goku and the two fight for the first time.

2. In that fight, Bills incapacitates Goku with one jab. One single jab. Lays him out on the ground. You're talking about the strongest fighter Earth has ever seen. The guy that's beaten ridiculous evil demons capable of destroying planets with very little effort. And Bills kicked his ass with a chop. Not even a good chop; like, a Great Khali effort chop.

3. Bills knocks out all the Z Fighters with no effort. He underestimates Vegeta briefly, but still takes him out in a few seconds.

4. Goku becomes a god. Goku now stands blow-to-blow with Bills. Not quite as good, but good enough to put up a fight and draw blood. Good enough to be THE GOD OF DESTRUCTION'S SECOND TOUGHEST FIGHT EVER. And without god mode, he couldn't even TOUCH HIM.

So tell me. How was god mode "not really that much stronger"?

Because of feats and statements Killam. Goku's still at solar system level for power output. Just because he's a god doesn't make him some universal destroyer... we'd see evidence if that were true. From what I saw he gained an upgrade in speed and he now has the power to absorb energy, and he can use IT to counter moving opponents.

Because of feats and statements Killam. Goku's still at solar system level. Just because he's a god doesn't make him some universal destroyer... we'd see evidence if that were true.

I think being given the power of 4 Saiyans (and fucking Pan) and being able to match strength and speed with a god was a pretty big statement. Plus...the red hair. That's important.

I think being given the power of 4 Saiyans (and fucking Pan) and being able to match strength and speed with a god was a pretty big statement. Plus...the red hair. That's important.

Bills is large star/solar system level as well, in fact, if took considerable effort for him to destroy the Earth since A.) He had only fought with Goku for a couple minutes all out and B.) he was shown to have used up most of his stamina at the end; he couldn't even blow up a small rock. And this was 70% of his total strength.

The red hair was cool and all, but it doesn't mean he's suddenly capable of whupping the Marvel Gods, or the likes of heavy shonen hitters like Dark Schneider and Seiya.

Any new contenders this year? I'd like to see some obscurer characters this year (I really enjoy having to go looking for info on the characters). Two guys I'd like to see are Marshal Law and Death's Head.

JG and Doc always run a great tournament and I'm legit pumped that it is very close on the horizon! EXCELSIOR!!!

I demand Finn and Jake be in the tourney this year.

Any new contenders this year? I'd like to see some obscurer characters this year (I really enjoy having to go looking for info on the characters). Two guys I'd like to see are Marshal Law and Death's Head.

JG and Doc always run a great tournament and I'm legit pumped that it is very close on the horizon! EXCELSIOR!!!

I'm not going to confirm or deny anyone, but our roster for this year is pretty much finalized, and let me tell you we have some obscure and fun-as-hell characters up this year. There are plenty more announcements to come, too, some you may never have predicted. I have a feeling that this is going to be the best tourney to date.

The Doctor said:
I have a feeling that
this is going to be the best tourney to date.
Does that mean that the less rugged characters like Link and Kirby get knocked out in round 1? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back